Williamses vs. NFL resumes

Williamses vs. NFL resumes

There are 2 comments on the TwinCities.com story from Nov 16, 2010, titled Williamses vs. NFL resumes. In it, TwinCities.com reports that:

Vikings defensive tackles Kevin Williams and Pat Williams today will ask the Minnesota Court of Appeals to permanently block the NFL from suspending them four games because the league violated state drug-testing laws when it tried to punish them in 2008.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at TwinCities.com.

W T F

Wausau, WI

#1 Nov 17, 2010
I find this entire issue strange. I agree with the players in that if the stuff was not listed on the package how can they be repremanted, but I can not agree with them using a state law to overtake the NFL player rules that they signed up to play with. I can see if they win, there will be more issues with players down the line using more lienient state laws to skirt the rules that other players in tougher states will not be able to.
Adam

Blue Bell, PA

#2 Nov 17, 2010
Not only was it not listed on the package, but the NFL knew this information and never passed it on to the teams/players.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Kevin Williams Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News So how far behind are the Vikings at offensive ... (Jan '16) Jan '16 Fart news 2
News Tom Powers: Vikings' offense apparently was bet... (Aug '14) Sep '14 GoVikes 10
News How Good Or Bad Is The Vikings Roster? (Jun '14) Jun '14 erie-vike fan 3
News Minnesota Vikings Day 1 Draft Primer (May '14) May '14 Laughing Bear Fan 1
News Vikings have options at quarterback in NFL draft (May '14) May '14 Laughing Bear Fan 4
News Minnesota Vikings' Mock Draft: Instant Contribu... (Mar '14) Mar '14 He Hate Me 3
News Minnesota Vikings Express Interest In Paul Soliai (Mar '14) Mar '14 misterdro80 2
More from around the web