Dolphins trim nine from camp -- South...

Dolphins trim nine from camp -- South Florida Sun-Sentinel.com

There are 10 comments on the South Florida Sun-Sentinel story from Aug 27, 2007, titled Dolphins trim nine from camp -- South Florida Sun-Sentinel.com. In it, South Florida Sun-Sentinel reports that:

Dolphins rookie quarterback John Beck has been sacked six times in his first three exhibition games, but none seemed to hurt more than the anguish he felt when nine of his teammates were released in Monday's ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at South Florida Sun-Sentinel.

AntiChrist Karl Rove

United States

#2 Aug 28, 2007
and lets get rid of cleo the lemon head. what a waste of air.
BIG RAY

Oxford, NJ

#3 Aug 28, 2007
wow,you are asking for it
AntiChrist Karl Rove wrote:
NC Dolfan

Cathedral City, CA

#4 Aug 28, 2007
Six foot defensive tackles don't work in this league! Vickerson was probably not the answer, but who is?
Dolfan

Deerfield Beach, FL

#5 Aug 28, 2007
NC Dolfan wrote:
Six foot defensive tackles don't work in this league! Vickerson was probably not the answer, but who is?
Matt Roth
Dolfan

Deerfield Beach, FL

#6 Aug 28, 2007
AntiChrist Karl Rove wrote:
Lemon isn't so bad. Remember last yeay he was a couple of passes from beating the soon to be world champs. But the Beck man is the second coming around here. POised, strong arm, accurate. Its better to be lucky than good, and he appears to be both. A healthy Beck is the future, and with a couple of good recievers, he will be an elite. I am just projecting, but what I see, looks a lot like Marino did. Quick release, doesn't run from pressure, accurate as hel, and reads teh defense. In one qtr, 150 yds, 2 tds, no picks. And in each game he drove the team to the end zone. I like it. Alot.
Tom R

Key Largo, FL

#7 Aug 28, 2007
Cleo Lemon is a good quarterback and much better than most teams 2nd QB.
If a player got cut in this first round they were way off the level they needed to be at.The next round of cuts is going to be the hard decisions to make.The only reason J.Allen is still on the team is his salary against the cap if we cut him.
Timothy

Detroit, MI

#8 Aug 28, 2007
Dolfan wrote:
<quoted text>Lemon isn't so bad. Remember last yeay he was a couple of passes from beating the soon to be world champs. But the Beck man is the second coming around here. POised, strong arm, accurate. Its better to be lucky than good, and he appears to be both. A healthy Beck is the future, and with a couple of good recievers, he will be an elite. I am just projecting, but what I see, looks a lot like Marino did. Quick release, doesn't run from pressure, accurate as hel, and reads teh defense. In one qtr, 150 yds, 2 tds, no picks. And in each game he drove the team to the end zone. I like it. Alot.
Hey 'Dolf' as you can tell by the 'posters' moniker that trying to reason with him would probably be futile. But good post anyway!
JEFF

Greenville, SC

#9 Aug 28, 2007
Dolfan wrote:
<quoted text>Lemon isn't so bad. Remember last yeay he was a couple of passes from beating the soon to be world champs. But the Beck man is the second coming around here. POised, strong arm, accurate. Its better to be lucky than good, and he appears to be both. A healthy Beck is the future, and with a couple of good recievers, he will be an elite. I am just projecting, but what I see, looks a lot like Marino did. Quick release, doesn't run from pressure, accurate as hel, and reads teh defense. In one qtr, 150 yds, 2 tds, no picks. And in each game he drove the team to the end zone. I like it. Alot.
For one Matt Roth is a DE not DT, but anyways, you make good points, think he has a long way to go before saying he looks like Marino did, but he is looking very good indeed. He by far is the best QB we've had since Marino. Green is good too but, Beck seems to be pushing Green for a spot too. I think he has did the best so far like you said drove us for TD's in every game, and the first 2 he came in late in the game for a game winning drive. Haven't seen that in a while. Looks very promising for the future. Can he come in now and be productive? Yes he probally can. But grooming him the right way is the way to go. So far I think all Phins fans should be very happy witht he way Cameron is turning this team around. Once the O-Line gets settled down I think we will be an Elite team.

HELL YEAH!!!!! GO PHINS!!!!!
JETS SUCK!!!!!!!!!!
Murdoc

United States

#11 Aug 28, 2007
ROSTER SET ... FOR NOW: Despite having 76 players on their roster, the Dolphins are currently at the league maximum. Wide receiver Marvin Allen, who was allocated to Miami from NFL Europa, does not count against the team's roster total. Miami must get down to a 53-man roster by Sunday, September 2 at 6:00 p.m.
"We found out recently ourselves that he does not count," Cameron said. "It is kind of like an early Christmas present."
Thomas-J

Detroit, MI

#12 Aug 28, 2007
Murdoc wrote:
ROSTER SET ... FOR NOW: Despite having 76 players on their roster, the Dolphins are currently at the league maximum. Wide receiver Marvin Allen, who was allocated to Miami from NFL Europa, does not count against the team's roster total. Miami must get down to a 53-man roster by Sunday, September 2 at 6:00 p.m.
"We found out recently ourselves that he does not count," Cameron said. "It is kind of like an early Christmas present."
The cut down date is Saturday at 4pm. 53 players

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Kevin Vickerson Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Broncos training camp: Live blog, day two (Jul '14) Jul '14 Flatulence Fred 6
News Paige: Why the Broncos didn't win the Super Bowl (Feb '14) Feb '14 Dave 14
News After embarrassing loss, Broncos aren't quite r... (Aug '13) Aug '13 This 3
News Five Broncons are Pro Bowl bound (Dec '12) Dec '12 BRONCONS 1
News Broncos' Manning could see 2nd quarter vs. Seat... (Aug '12) Aug '12 Laughing Bear Fan 3
News Fox predicting quick turnaround (Mar '11) Mar '11 Foxfarts 5
News NFL rule changes do little to protect defenders (Oct '10) Nov '10 GBPfan 8
More from around the web