Dolphins release James, Carter

Full story: South Florida Sun-Sentinel

The Dolphins began the start of the NFL's free-agent signing period Friday by shedding players from their roster rather than adding them.
Comments
1 - 10 of 10 Comments Last updated Mar 3, 2007
Jesus Hitler

Los Angeles, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 3, 2007

ho-hum.....why are the Dolphins always the most boring team in Free Agency???

HUIZENGA SUCKS!!!!!!!!!!
JERRY TREMELLEN

UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 3, 2007

Adalius Thomas to the Patriots...i'd rather have a migraine!It's not time to panic but if he does, we play him twice a year and we have to bear that in mind guys, like re in force the offensive line and get ourselves an effective qb and tight end and some wide receivers that can catch and run and beef up the running backs and just generally panic....aaaaaagh! It's time to panic everyone, wibble wobble, wibble wobble. Buy someone, anyone do it now!
Rodney

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 3, 2007

David Bowens is visiting the Jets, wonderful. It seems every time we cut somebody they end up playing for an AFC East foe, and they end up burning us.
Jack

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 3, 2007

With all these cuts, how much room does Miami have under the salary cap? It must be well into the $20-millions.
spaceace

Monaca, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 3, 2007

I can understand the release of KC because of age and Jeno James, in my opinion, just plain sucked! It will be interesting to see how slowly somebody signs him.....well, maybe not that interesting. I can't realistically see us signing Joey Porter because of the salery he could, and probably would, get. We are salery cap tight and there is just no getting around that. It's only going to get worse when we pick top-10 and have to pay that kind of money out. Has anyone heard if Harrington has been released as of yet? Just think, if we had gotton Drew Breeze last year like we were supposed to, our first pick would be simple; either an OL or a DE to learn from Jason Taylor. I love the draft, but this year........going to be interesting. I guess I should wait and see how FA plays out. Another 'Fins year, hear we go again.
Lords of Acid

Orlando, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 3, 2007

If we spend $2 on Kelly Washington, I'm gonna scream. He's a waste of money.

Gonna be a boring FA period I imagine. Not a lot of talent out there. We shall see.
JayC

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 3, 2007

I hope they cut as much of the mediocrity off this team as they possibly can. This team is mediocre at best. The last descent team goes way back to Jimmy's days. I'd rather see it torn down and rebuilt with a good mixture of young players and just enough veteran players for experience. Who cares about the short term record. Since winning the title seems to be the goal, do what you have to do to get there. No glory in second place.
ocala howie

Longwood, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 3, 2007

Wheres JOEY?
DAG

Venice, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 3, 2007

Well, tearing down seems to be what Cameron and Mueller are doing. By the time they are done, more than half of the O-line will be gone, part of the D-line and the pass rusher opposite of JT. I would have no issues with this if there were upgrades on the horizon, but I don;t see any coming to visit. There is still no QB. So, you tear it down and build it back up with younger players but what happens to JT and Zack? Sad to say but these two guys aren't going to sniff a SB on this team.
NC Dolfan

Clayton, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 3, 2007

Thanks for the memories. Both guys played well for the Fins but are at the point in thier careers that retirement is a real consideration. Can I get a Hoo-Haa!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Kevin Vickerson Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Broncos training camp: Live blog, day two Jul 31 Flatulence Fred 6
Paige: Why the Broncos didn't win the Super Bowl (Feb '14) Feb '14 Dave 14
After embarrassing loss, Broncos aren't quite r... (Aug '13) Aug '13 This 3
Five Broncons are Pro Bowl bound (Dec '12) Dec '12 BRONCONS 1
Broncos' Manning could see 2nd quarter vs. Seat... (Aug '12) Aug '12 Laughing Bear Fan 3
Fox predicting quick turnaround (Mar '11) Mar '11 Foxfarts 5
NFL rule changes do little to protect defenders (Oct '10) Nov '10 GBPfan 8

Search the Kevin Vickerson Forum:
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••