LB Joey Porter downplays his dirty label

Dolphins new acquisition linebacker Joey Porter, who was voted the league's second dirtiest player in a poll last year, tried to play down his reputation at his introductory press conference. Read more
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Jim

AOL

#1 Mar 10, 2007
O deserves a little severence pay.
Hey Hey

Ocala, FL

#2 Mar 10, 2007
Jim wrote:
O deserves a little severence pay.
A penny for your thoughts

We WILL miss your deep kickoffs Olindo. Especially if Keith Armstrong remains as the special teams coach. He's been more difficult to get rid of than genital herpies. And just about as popular.
Rumble Fish 21

United States

#3 Mar 10, 2007
I dont know about anyonhe else out there but the way thing are going I am already starting to look forward to next year.We are making some key moves and I grant you that we have had some fatalities,But inorder to get where we are going we had to cut the fat.SWome of these guys have not been producing for several years and just swiping money.To hell with that,Make them earn it and as far as porter being dirty football is a very violent sport if the people who believe he is dirty can not handle it so be it I gladly welcome the intimadtion factor we have always been soft like I said football is a violent sport only the strong survive.
Rumble Fish 21

United States

#4 Mar 10, 2007
Sorry in a hurry Some should start off line 4
ocala howie

Longwood, FL

#5 Mar 10, 2007
no comment.
MarylandDolphan

AOL

#6 Mar 10, 2007
Especially if Keith Armstrong remains as the special teams coach. He's been more difficult to get rid of than genital herpies. And just about as popular.

------yea really, No TD's from the Kickoffs or Punt returns in 2006; No blocked punts or FGs in 2006; Geez, I'll do Armstrong's job for half the pay !!!!
dolphaholic

AOL

#7 Mar 10, 2007
Trade for Green, trade or cut Culpepper and draft Drew Stanton from Mich. State in the 2nd. round and please start rebuilding the o-line
Craig White

Gainesville, GA

#8 Mar 10, 2007
Here is what I find to be very stupid, to let it be known that if they cant trade a player, Olinde, or Randy MCMicheal, that they will get released. What GM is going to trade for a player they know they can get without giving up a draft pick or some other player? HE would have to be about as dumb as the one who said,"IF we cant trade him,we will release him".
FinFan

Omaha, NE

#9 Mar 10, 2007
Some teams do not want to try to compete for a player in free agency which is what happens after a team releases the player. A coach may be willing to give up a 4th or 5th round pick to avoid a bidding war over a kicker. Miami just showed you what happens when another team gets into the mix (Giants for Feeley). The asking price goes up...

This is why some GM's and Coaches will give up a pick. Even if it is only a 7th rounder, it is better than nothing. That 7th round pick might package nicely in a move to swap positions in the draft to grab a more coveted player.
matt

AOL

#10 Mar 10, 2007
Craig White wrote:
Here is what I find to be very stupid, to let it be known that if they cant trade a player, Olinde, or Randy MCMicheal, that they will get released. What GM is going to trade for a player they know they can get without giving up a draft pick or some other player? HE would have to be about as dumb as the one who said,"IF we cant trade him,we will release him".
some teams would rather trade a pick to avoid having to compete w/other teams for the players services. also the g.m won't have to renegociate said players contract bearing he is not a Free Agent!
bronxboys

New Hyde Park, NY

#11 Mar 10, 2007
Get a clue on Armstrong.
In the time he's been here the fins have finished in the top 8 in the NFL in return defense!
They have allowed only 1 return in this span,2nd only to Dallas!
Point is: Special team defense is far more important than is offense.
RALPHYBOY

Houston, TX

#12 Mar 10, 2007
I feel for Olindo being without a job.
His wife just gave birth to teir 3rd child!!!
How is the man going to put food on the table now that he on the unemployment line?

I guess his wife Sandy will have to go out and sling some hash to make ends meet!!!!
patsfan

Lake Hiawatha, NJ

#13 Mar 10, 2007
Mare should find another job somewhere, but who's going to replace him? These decisions are very strange, lose Welker,starting TE, priemier DL, and starting OL. Defense was pretty good last year,and the Offense sucked. So what do the fins do? Trade your best offensive player and sign a LB!
If I were a dolphin fan, I would seriously be questioning these moves. The Browns are probably going to get Quinn, so if the phins don't look for a QB in FA or trade, then they should end up in last place again.
jesus

AOL

#14 Mar 10, 2007
Joey Porter trade gd but need line help and off playmakers
John

AOL

#15 Mar 10, 2007
Joey porter trade gd but need off line help and true #1 receiver

Since: Jan 07

United States

#16 Mar 10, 2007
It's hard enough,it's straight enough,nice follow through,it's deep enough,straight down the pipe,and through the upright's,it's GOOD,3 pts!!OPPPP'S,my bad,SANDY Mare gave birth to 3 CHILDREN.She must shave,no dirt on that infield..Luvya Olindo,CONGRAT's!!If you have to go,please inpregnate the FINS w/an xtra draft pk..
Dave

Germany

#17 Mar 10, 2007
13kvfins wrote:
It's hard enough,it's straight enough,nice follow through,it's deep enough,straight down the pipe,and through the upright's,it's GOOD,3 pts!!OPPPP'S,my bad,SANDY Mare gave birth to 3 CHILDREN.She must shave,no dirt on that infield..Luvya Olindo,CONGRAT's!!If you have to go,please inpregnate the FINS w/an xtra draft pk..
NOT BAD !!!!! I MEAN REALLY BAD DUDE !!!!!

Since: Feb 07

Leesburg, FL

#18 Mar 10, 2007
What are the chances of keeping both kickers and creating some competition for the job. Trade off or kick out the loser in preseason for a future 6th ot 7th pick or some low end utility player.
RaY from San Diego

Escondido, CA

#19 Mar 10, 2007
dolphaholic wrote:
Trade for Green, trade or cut Culpepper and draft Drew Stanton from Mich. State in the 2nd. round and please start rebuilding the o-line
I totally agree. Get Green be it a cheaper & shorter deal. Culpepper's days are numbered, I don't know if he still has tradable commidity. We're not getting Quinn, getting a QB 2nd-3rd round makes sense. It's looking like we're getting a lineman, albeit offensive or defensive, for our 1st pick. I keep seeing Michigan DT Allan Branch on everyone's mock draft and also Penn State OT Levi Brown.
DAVID C HARPER

Mont Belvieu, TX

#20 Mar 11, 2007
JOEY PORTER IS NOT A DIRTY PLAYER.I AM A DIEHARD STEELERS FAN,AND HAVE BEEN FOR OVER 30 YEARS. WHAT I LIKE ABOUT JOEY PORTER-AND WILL CONTINUE TO LIKE ABOUT HIM-IS HIS TENACIOUS PLAY,PHYSICAL STYLE AND INTENSE LOVE FOR WINNING GAMES.HE GIVES HIS ALL AND TOOK PRIDE IN WHAT HE AND THE STEELER DEFENSE DID. THIS UNDERRATED INTANGIBLE THAT HE BROUGHT TO THEM WILL BE MISSED. SURELY, HE TALKED THE WHOLE GAME,BUT SO WHAT? EVEN IF HE MADE ONLY 3 TACKLES HE HAD TO BE ACCOUNTED FOR ON EVERY DOWN. HE MAY NOT BE AS LEGENDARY AS PAST STEELER GREATS HAM,LAMBERT,KIRKLAND OR LLOYD,BUT HE IS IN THAT CLASS WITH GILDON,MERRIWETHER,GREENE(IN THIS CLASS ONLY BECAUSE OF HIS LIMITED STAY IN PITTSBURGH)AND CHAD BROWN.MY ONLY REGRET IS THAT HE WENT TO PLAY FOR A PANSY TEAM AND HAS A WHINER FOR A BOOKEND PARTNER WHO LOBBIED FOR HIS DEFENSIVE MVP.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Kevin Vickerson Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Broncos training camp: Live blog, day two (Jul '14) Jul '14 Flatulence Fred 6
News Paige: Why the Broncos didn't win the Super Bowl (Feb '14) Feb '14 Dave 14
News After embarrassing loss, Broncos aren't quite r... (Aug '13) Aug '13 This 3
News Five Broncons are Pro Bowl bound (Dec '12) Dec '12 BRONCONS 1
News Broncos' Manning could see 2nd quarter vs. Seat... (Aug '12) Aug '12 Laughing Bear Fan 3
News Fox predicting quick turnaround (Mar '11) Mar '11 Foxfarts 5
News NFL rule changes do little to protect defenders (Oct '10) Nov '10 GBPfan 8
More from around the web