Dolphins camp report: More offensive line changes -- South Flor...

Full story: South Florida Sun-Sentinel

Thursday morning's practice included a shift on the offensive line and some strong deep balls from rookie QB John Beck.
Comments
21 - 38 of 38 Comments Last updated Aug 11, 2007
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Phinmania

Tucson, AZ

#23 Aug 9, 2007
TONE wrote:
<quoted text>
youd need "deep balls" if you were a mormon, gotta have something for the next wife.
seriously, poor Shirdoyna Mitchell, every article has something about him getting burnt. put the guy out of his misery and send him to see the turk.
What an incredibly classy comment! You are a disgrace to Fin fans everywhere.
chirps candy center

Havana, FL

#24 Aug 9, 2007
I really think that learning more than one position is going to benefit the dolphins. I would call these players TRANSFORMERS. Playing offense or defense. Goal line stands and short yardage Red zone could really be beafed up. Change all of the linemen around by experimentation. J Allen seems to have good speed, try him at receiver also. To help shut down speedy wide receivers, use some of our offensive speed in certain situations. Put Ginn and Booker in motion to get them the ball in the open field. Time will tell.
Caddy

Los Olivos, CA

#25 Aug 9, 2007
Yellow Dog wrote:
LB Joey Porter (knee). Porter was not outside, and Cameron said he doesn't want players like Porter with injuries to their lower bodies standing around for hours at a time.
I like this part of Cameron. Very practical and is thinking of the players. Maybe this year we will not have another December Collapse.
I agree. It's a 17-week season; a marathon, not a sprint. I think Cameron's being smart about how he's handling the veteran players too.
Caddy

Los Olivos, CA

#26 Aug 9, 2007
orlphan wrote:
I dont understand why Beck is not number 2 right now. Almost every report has been extremely positive.
He's a rookie. Let him earn it the right way so it means more to him when he finally does get to start. Cleo Lemon is no slouch either as a QB and has a definite edge in NFL experience.
TONE

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#27 Aug 9, 2007
Phinmania wrote:
<quoted text>
What an incredibly classy comment! You are a disgrace to Fin fans everywhere.
you are a disgrace to levelheaded people everywhere. all of us with a sense of humor and those of us who dont take ourselves or life too seriously think you should go out and get laid.
TONE

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#28 Aug 9, 2007
whats up with the puritans on the message board? you are the ones making meanspirited comments. calling people a "disgrace" and giving lectures on proper conduct. i made a joke about mormons having more than one wife, did i miss something, did mormons not have more than one wife? is that a fallacy?
im sure john beck is a great guy with one wife but the fact remains that in the history of mormonisn thevyve had multiple wives. and i dont have any problem with that, the more the merrier.
Thomas-J

North Port, FL

#29 Aug 9, 2007
Hey Tone ....... your last sentence was totally uncalled for. No need to be vulgar on this football comment section, got it ?

Quit acting like an infant!
y-not

Cumming, GA

#30 Aug 9, 2007
Einstein wrote:
I would like to see the game on TV. Is it being broadcast?
Reports like these make me feel more comfortable with my cautious optimism.
What's the Polynesian word for Zonk?
Let's get that 70's spirit and ability back!
The game will be televised locally and for out of towners the NFL network will be replaying all pre-season games a couple of times each week.
TONE

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#31 Aug 9, 2007
Thomas-J wrote:
Hey Tone ....... your last sentence was totally uncalled for. No need to be vulgar on this football comment section, got it ?
Quit acting like an infant!
quit acting like a parent. "getting laid" is vulgar?
my original post consisted of a joke and a comment about shirdonya mitchell. no one has commented on my football post, but people feel the need to comment on the taste and sincerity of a joke. what does that tell you?
bill

Asheville, NC

#32 Aug 9, 2007
If Green hasen't learn to hit the deck befor some big guy takes a shot at him, then he may be out sooner than later. Bill
Thomas-J

North Port, FL

#33 Aug 10, 2007
TONE wrote:
<quoted text>
quit acting like a parent. "getting laid" is vulgar?
my original post consisted of a joke and a comment about shirdonya mitchell. no one has commented on my football post, but people feel the need to comment on the taste and sincerity of a joke. what does that tell you?
It tells you that the reason people 'post' here is to discuss football. Yes, that was 'vulgar.' Are that uneducated that you don't know that, you simpleton. Grow up! Maybe you are on the wrong website. There are websites for those that want to discuss sexual things. There are websites for those that want to be "funny boys" and 'crack wise.' I'm thinking that you've come to the wrong place. Grow up !
Give Optimism a Chance

Providence, RI

#34 Aug 10, 2007
I'm usually not too jacked about pre-season games, especially the first 2 or 3. BUT, this year is different. We might get a good glimpse of the future here. I hope to see a lot of Beck, Ginn, Booker, and the younger defensive players. Sounds like we may see 2 Wrights playing on Sundays.

Is it just me or has the average IQ of our team increased 5-10 points this year. If you're not sure it matters, get a 2nd opinion from Coach Shula.
TONE

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#35 Aug 10, 2007
Thomas-J wrote:
<quoted text>
It tells you that the reason people 'post' here is to discuss football. Yes, that was 'vulgar.' Are that uneducated that you don't know that, you simpleton. Grow up! Maybe you are on the wrong website. There are websites for those that want to discuss sexual things. There are websites for those that want to be "funny boys" and 'crack wise.' I'm thinking that you've come to the wrong place. Grow up !
i was discussing football, and i made a joke also. i believe that falls somewhere in the realm of "free speech", does it not. i also am highly educated, but my ego is small enough so i dont come off as a pompous windbag such as yourself.
marinofan13

Scranton, PA

#37 Aug 10, 2007
TONE wrote:
<quoted text>i was discussing football, and i made a joke also. i believe that falls somewhere in the realm of "free speech", does it not. i also am highly educated, but my ego is small enough so i dont come off as a pompous windbag such as yourself.
AMEN! And welcome to the club of posters that the "Sarasotans" have officially pis$ed off. Believe me, you are one of so many! And just to keep it football... GO PHINS!!!
JSR

Hubert, NC

#38 Aug 10, 2007
Guys I wouldn't get your hopes up for this first preseason game. New coach, new system, lots of new players, not much playing time together. Not your desired scenario.

However, I am very happy to see what I'm reading. After all the dead beat defensive coaches trying to play head coach, these are definitely exciting times and a step in the right direction.

I think if the offensive line and blocking come together, some things might actually start to happen rather sooner than expected.
Thomas-J

North Port, FL

#39 Aug 10, 2007
marinofan13 wrote:
<quoted text>AMEN! And welcome to the club of posters that the "Sarasotans" have officially pis$ed off. Believe me, you are one of so many! And just to keep it football... GO PHINS!!!
It takes a moron to know a moron !

If you added both of your IQs together it would add up to that of a 'Woodchuck.'

Keep it to football, keep it clean, and have something reasonably intelligent to say/add to the conversation, or just watch 'American Idol' with all of the other people with 75 IQs !!!
Get Real

Palm Beach Gardens, FL

#40 Aug 10, 2007
Yeah, except the Miami Herald reported these changes happened during WEDNESDAY's evening practice. Day short, dollar late.
marinofan13

Pottsville, PA

#43 Aug 11, 2007
Thomas-J wrote:
<quoted text>
It takes a moron to know a moron !
If you added both of your IQs together it would add up to that of a 'Woodchuck.'
Keep it to football, keep it clean, and have something reasonably intelligent to say/add to the conversation, or just watch 'American Idol' with all of the other people with 75 IQs !!!
You need help

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Kevin Vickerson Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Broncos training camp: Live blog, day two Jul 31 Flatulence Fred 6
Paige: Why the Broncos didn't win the Super Bowl (Feb '14) Feb '14 Dave 14
After embarrassing loss, Broncos aren't quite r... (Aug '13) Aug '13 This 3
Five Broncons are Pro Bowl bound (Dec '12) Dec '12 BRONCONS 1
Broncos' Manning could see 2nd quarter vs. Seat... (Aug '12) Aug '12 Laughing Bear Fan 3
Fox predicting quick turnaround (Mar '11) Mar '11 Foxfarts 5
NFL rule changes do little to protect defenders (Oct '10) Nov '10 GBPfan 8
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••

Kevin Vickerson People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••