Robiskie detests 'Skins like any foe ...

Robiskie detests 'Skins like any foe -- South Florida Sun-Senti...

There are 7 comments on the South Florida Sun-Sentinel story from Sep 7, 2007, titled Robiskie detests 'Skins like any foe -- South Florida Sun-Senti.... In it, South Florida Sun-Sentinel reports that:

Although Dolphins receivers coach Terry Robiskie received his first opportunity to be an NFL head coach when he led the Washington Redskins, he said there would be no emotional ties when walking onto FedEx ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at South Florida Sun-Sentinel.

Libsarecowards

United States

#1 Sep 8, 2007
Coach Robiskie IS a great coach...I had the pleasure of meeting him years ago up in DC at Redskins park...he was a no nonsense type of personality, even when signing autographs, but he was fun to be around and hear his stories and listen to his Jabs at players walking by. As a lifelong SKINS fan, it is my opinion Jack Kent Cooke was a great owner who appreciated his fans, and understood the trust the DC area gave him to do what was right for our hometown team. Mr Cooke gave our fan club members a special invitation each time we traveled up to DC for a game to come out and visit Redskins Park...meet players and coaches, get autographs, and then be given a personal tour of the complete facility..by the GM!!! All this has changed sinse the team was purchased by Snyder. No more fan appreciation...just MONEY<MONEY<MONEY... Coach Robiskie is right...leaving RFK, cost the skins more than the extra revenue from the new stadium. The Dolphins have two great coaches now, Cameron and Robiskie, both who came up through the REDSKIN organization under Mr Cooke... and both of these coaches will get the job done for the fans in south florida. GO SKINS! but the NFL better watch out, the Dolphins may surprise a lot of people .
Woodstrock

Powder Springs, GA

#2 Sep 8, 2007
While I won't debate you on the Skins and Jack Kent Cooke - or on your antagonistic name - I have one more bit of info to add to the background on Coach Robiskie: he actually came up through the Oakland Raiders organization, both as a player and as a coach. He also has ties that go back to the Dolphins as a player: he spent the end of his playing career playing for Coach Shula during the '80/'81 seasons. So yes, I agree - the Dolphins got a good coach in Robiskie and we are happy to have him. And for those that remember him as a player on the Dolphins sideline, we're happy to have him back!
Walker

Lutz, FL

#3 Sep 8, 2007
Wow, a classy 'skins fan unlike any jets or patsies one that's ever blogged this page. One bit of advice though, sir: You live in West Palm, time to convert to dolphinism.
Stephen

AOL

#4 Sep 8, 2007
Just like the first poster commented on the Redskins leaving much behind at RFK...the same can be said about the magic the Dolphins lost when leaving the OB. But I think they're getting it back under Coach Cam. GO PHINS!
Dan

Las Vegas, NV

#5 Sep 8, 2007
Blasphemy! How DARE he suggest that you sew a the hallowed orange and aqua jersey to the putrid red and blue of the bills? I DEMAND HE IS CUT! Jason Taylor can long snap, right?:)
Buffalo Bill

York, ME

#6 Sep 9, 2007
Dolphins su*K-----0 and 16 baby. Enjoy the season you crudbutts
Buffalo Bill

York, ME

#7 Sep 9, 2007
Walker wrote:
Wow, a classy 'skins fan unlike any jets or patsies one that's ever blogged this page. One bit of advice though, sir: You live in West Palm, time to convert to dolphinism.
just drink the kool aid and all your troubles will be gone......fish blow

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Kevin Vickerson Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Broncos training camp: Live blog, day two (Jul '14) Jul '14 Flatulence Fred 6
News Paige: Why the Broncos didn't win the Super Bowl (Feb '14) Feb '14 Dave 14
News After embarrassing loss, Broncos aren't quite r... (Aug '13) Aug '13 This 3
News Five Broncons are Pro Bowl bound (Dec '12) Dec '12 BRONCONS 1
News Broncos' Manning could see 2nd quarter vs. Seat... (Aug '12) Aug '12 Laughing Bear Fan 3
News Fox predicting quick turnaround (Mar '11) Mar '11 Foxfarts 5
News NFL rule changes do little to protect defenders (Oct '10) Nov '10 GBPfan 8
More from around the web