USC FOOTBALL: Barkley to Buckeye fans: 'Bring it on'

For a fleeting moment Tuesday, someone might have thought Aaron Corp, and not Matt Barkley, was the Golden Child of USC football. Full Story
Dennis

Indianapolis, IN

#1 Sep 9, 2009
"Bring it on." This was Matt Barkley's comments?? Wow.... I think he is in for a rude awakening Saturday night. This is not your usual stadium or atmosphere.(ask Michigan) Comparing the LA Colisseaum with Ohio Stadium is like no comparison at all. Making light of the game like Matt has is only going to fire up the Buckeyes and their fans even more. My prediction now is Ohio State 35 USC 7. USC is in trouble.

“USC=Greatest team of BCS era!”

Since: Aug 08

Burn, baby, burn!

#2 Sep 9, 2009
I think he's showing a little immaturity with that comment. You never tell a hostile crowd "Bring it on" because they will. I sincerely expect tOSU's fans to make Barkley earn every yard. I sure do hope we don't have to eat Barkley's words. On the flip side, he wasn't being terribly disrespectful. I think he's just overeager to exude confidence in himself to quell the critics, and it came off wrong. Either way, it's done, so let's continue to look forward to Saturday's game.

“'RESPECT"”

Since: Jan 09

East L.A.

#3 Sep 9, 2009
You usually don't hear this kind of stuff from a Pete Carrol QB. What a stupid mistake.

“YO BOO”

Since: Sep 07

land of BOO

#4 Sep 9, 2009
CPEM wrote:
I think he's showing a little immaturity with that comment. You never tell a hostile crowd "Bring it on" because they will. I sincerely expect tOSU's fans to make Barkley earn every yard. I sure do hope we don't have to eat Barkley's words. On the flip side, he wasn't being terribly disrespectful. I think he's just overeager to exude confidence in himself to quell the critics, and it came off wrong. Either way, it's done, so let's continue to look forward to Saturday's game.
CPEM where do you get your little beat Ohio St pictures ???? HMMMM

“Go BRUINS ”

Manhattan Beach CA

#5 Sep 9, 2009
CPEM wrote:
dude that was stupid of Barkley, what a knucklehead.

“Go BRUINS ”

Manhattan Beach CA

#6 Sep 9, 2009
T-Town Clown wrote:
<quoted text>CPEM where do you get your little beat Ohio St pictures ???? HMMMM
u $ C sells the buttons in the student store and at the games

“USC=Greatest team of BCS era!”

Since: Aug 08

Burn, baby, burn!

#7 Sep 9, 2009
T-Town Clown wrote:
<quoted text>CPEM where do you get your little beat Ohio St pictures ???? HMMMM
It's a USC game-week tradition. We have a button for every opponent of the season, and you're supposed to wear it all week and at the game. They sell them online as well as at the bookstore, so I go to the bookstore's website and save the pictures of the buttons for use during the football season. I change it to the next opponent every week.

“YO BOO”

Since: Sep 07

land of BOO

#8 Sep 9, 2009
CPEM wrote:
<quoted text>
It's a USC game-week tradition. We have a button for every opponent of the season, and you're supposed to wear it all week and at the game. They sell them online as well as at the bookstore, so I go to the bookstore's website and save the pictures of the buttons for use during the football season. I change it to the next opponent every week.
thanks they look cool

“Fight On!”

Since: Aug 09

Los Angeles

#9 Sep 9, 2009
What's so wrong with saying "Bring it on?" Barkley is the starting QB and he absolutely needs to demonstrate to his teammates that he has the confidence to win that game. He needs to show he is unafraid, unaffected, and uninhibited. So what, the Buckeyes will scream and boo louder now that he said that??? Give me a break. I don't see it as a sign of disrespect, I see it as a sign that the kid has cojones.
Chicago Jim

Woodbury, GA

#10 Sep 10, 2009
Why should this kid be afraid of Ohio State??? I mean really. Also is Terelle Pryor really that freakin stupid! I hope he can be half the player Vince Young was, Go Bucks!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Kevin Thomas Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Redshirt freshman DB Byron Moore departing from... (Jul '10) Jul '10 deathvalley 3
Rough week for former members of USC football (May '10) May '10 Gary 1
USC quarterback Barkley not surprised at his ow... (Apr '10) Apr '10 BigTrojan 2
USC football notebook: McKnight rejoins team bu... (Dec '09) Dec '09 R U Serious 1
Usc Football: School investigating McKnight's u... (Dec '09) Dec '09 pogmothoin 2
USC coach Carroll confirms school investigating... (Dec '09) Dec '09 T-Town Clown 59
SHELBURNE: With swagger gone, USC is facing ide... (Nov '09) Nov '09 Sharrp Shooter 65
More from around the web