Ravens' Kicker Campaigns To Oust Upshaw

Full story: NBC 30 Hartford
Veteran kicker Matt Stover of the Baltimore Ravens has begun a campaign to replace Gene Upshaw as executive director of the NFL Players Association by next March. Full Story
scb

Palo Alto, CA

#1 Apr 9, 2008
i think it is time for a change in management within the nfl players association as it has done an incredibly poor job providing finances for retired nfl players; while it can be argued their salaries are a lot higher than normal non-pro athletes, there is no denying the inportance the nfl has on the world; there should be no such thing as a homeless retired nfl player ~ especially if they played the game more than 5 years; they should at the very minimum have full medical and dental coverage for life after a player has been in the pro league for 5+ years.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Kevin Mawae Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Without a new deal, trouble is brewing for NFL (Jan '10) Jan '10 Gary 1
NFL headed toward a season without a salary cap... (Jan '10) Jan '10 Thomas 1
NFL players lobby Congress in battles with leag... (Jan '10) Jan '10 B James 1
NFL players lobby Congress in battles with league (Jan '10) Jan '10 Rob 1
Union, NFL could discuss rookie wage scale (Jan '10) Jan '10 Eric 1
Titans Start New Streak, This Time Winning Stre... (Nov '09) Nov '09 My hero 7
Titans win 2 straight with mix Young undefeated... (Nov '09) Nov '09 Anonymous 4
More from around the web