Titans QB Vince Young's Mental State Questioned

Is the pressure too great for Vince Young? That is the question everyone has been asking after an emergency midnight meeting regarding Young's mental state. Full Story
wade

Clarksville, TN

#1 Sep 9, 2008
man up, or pack up!
jmf

Gallatin, TN

#2 Sep 9, 2008
He is overpaid, and he has to face the real world that he may not be as good as he thinks he is. He needs to invest his money, cause he may not always cut being a football player. He is not a one man team. Collins seems to do a good job. Young needs to go to a MD if he needs to and find out if he has a mental problem, and get treated, and if he decides not to go to a MD than he needs to sit out a few games, their is a team even if he can't cut it.
justwonderingout loud

Greenville, TX

#3 Sep 9, 2008
Poor misunderstood millionaire!
jay bone

Orlando, FL

#4 Nov 6, 2008
he is a panzy
steve

Houston, TX

#5 Nov 8, 2008
You are all uneducated idiots. The rest of the non sub human race figured out a long time ago that mental illness is really no different than physical illness.

“In somnis veritas...”

Since: Oct 08

Nashville, TN

#6 Nov 8, 2008
I hope that he doesn't really have a serious problem. If he does I hope that he is able to find the help and peace he needs.
justwonderingout loud

Torrance, CA

#7 Nov 8, 2008
He chokes, plain and simple...he chokes.

Where is that located in the DSM-IV?

Do you know what the DSM-IV is?

Then don't call me uneducated.
steve wrote:
You are all uneducated idiots. The rest of the non sub human race figured out a long time ago that mental illness is really no different than physical illness.
steve

Houston, TX

#8 Nov 10, 2008
justwonderingoutloud wrote:
He chokes, plain and simple...he chokes.
Where is that located in the DSM-IV?
Do you know what the DSM-IV is?
Then don't call me uneducated.
<quoted text>
I do know what the DSM is. Apparently you may not realize that the IV portion only refers to the latest edition (fourth).
I have not checked, but would presume that "choke" is not listed in the DSM, in either the fourth or previous editions since the word means to block normal breathing, to hinder activity, or enrich a fuel mixture. It also has a sports meaning also (so you were close!)- it is used to mean to grip something such as a baseball bat away frome the end. But alas, it is not noted as a Mental Disorder.
The DSM does however list depression. I suggest that you look that up and study it. This may help alleviate your "uneducated" problem. Good luck!
justwonderingout loud

United States

#9 Nov 10, 2008
I know exactly what the DSM IV is and I didn't even have to google it,(which is obviously what you did). I deal with the mentally ill every day.

Just because the dude chokes, doesn't mean he's mentally ill. He's just finding out the pro's are A LOT harder than college. And it's rocking his world.

I was on the bandwagon when he got drafted. I was personally shocked that Bud Adams actually spent the money to get a high value player.

But I don't believe that choking on the field is a symptom of mental illness.
Jim

Lexington, SC

#10 Nov 10, 2008
Young is very fragile. Like some star Texas Longhorn players before him (ie. Ricky Williams, Cedric Benson, etc.). They are treated like gods at UT. Then when they move to the NFL, where every player was a college stud, they have to earn their superstar status, and it just doesn't come as easy as it did in college. If they are not mentally tough, they have a very difficult time manking it.

Will Vince Young make it as a QB in the NFL? Who knows, but my guess is, no. I don't think that mentally he is willing to put the work in. He just wants to have the position handed to him and he doesn't want to earn it. Is he a great athlete? Yes. But that doesn't mean he can handle the pressure or the responsibilities of being an NFL QB.
Distant fan

United States

#11 Nov 12, 2008
We've been watching Vince Young and his fourth quarter comebacks since he's been here; keeping the Titans close in games that we were supposed to not have a chance in, so shame on all of you for booing him off the field in the first place. Hopefully, he will be able to continue his path when Collins is done beating the rest of the league. Go Titans!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Kevin Mawae Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Without a new deal, trouble is brewing for NFL (Jan '10) Jan '10 Gary 1
NFL headed toward a season without a salary cap... (Jan '10) Jan '10 Thomas 1
NFL players lobby Congress in battles with leag... (Jan '10) Jan '10 B James 1
NFL players lobby Congress in battles with league (Jan '10) Jan '10 Rob 1
Union, NFL could discuss rookie wage scale (Jan '10) Jan '10 Eric 1
Titans Start New Streak, This Time Winning Stre... (Nov '09) Nov '09 My hero 7
Titans win 2 straight with mix Young undefeated... (Nov '09) Nov '09 Anonymous 4

Kevin Mawae People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE