Oakland Raiders sign linebacker Kevin Burnett

Mar 17, 2013 Full story: times-standard.com 14

The Raiders on Sunday signed veteran linebacker Kevin Burnett, their third linebacker added via free agency in the past week.

Full Story
raiderfaith

Holly Springs, NC

#1 Mar 18, 2013
This encouraging that he started the last three seasons. McKenzie/Allen seem to be making decent moves. Now if we can avoid Geno Smith...that will be a big step.

Since: Jan 13

United States

#2 Mar 18, 2013
Def avoid Geno. That would be a horrible move. I hope thats for leverage purposes.
raiderfaith

Holly Springs, NC

#3 Mar 18, 2013
Agreed. I just can't see us drafting a qb with our first pick. Unless they have zero faith in Pryor. Palmer is the short term answer and I hope Pryor is the long term answer.

Since: Jan 11

Tempe, AZ

#4 Mar 18, 2013
Lol, the guy pictured in this arctile is NOT Kevin Burnett.

http://www.nfl.com/player/kevinburnett/250638...

Happy to have a veteran LB on our team, now if only we could get a 2nd round pick for Rolando McClain!

Since: Jan 13

United States

#5 Mar 18, 2013
Couldnt have said it better. Hopefully Pryor silences the critics. Who knows how hard that guys working for that starting job.

“PLAY TO WIN”

Since: Jul 09

OG, "so cal."

#6 Mar 18, 2013
raiderfaith wrote:
Agreed. I just can't see us drafting a qb with our first pick. Unless they have zero faith in Pryor. Palmer is the short term answer and I hope Pryor is the long term answer.
it's still not out of the question. arizona didn't hire kolb. they strongly rummored to go after palmer. if they did trade palmer to arizona, do RAIDERS have full confidence in terrelle pryor? or do they go for geno smith in the draft? i have to say, geno smith resembled carson palmer, only, younger! RAIDERS were at smiths pro-days workout to either bluff the draft or were they really interested? g smith had a great pro-day workout. pro-day is something a lot of coaches look forward to more than the combine workout and geno iced it! arizona could be the one to either sit and wait for geno smith in the draft or possibly trade down with oakland for palmer. eagles are also said to be interested in smith, and they are one pick after RAIDERS.
RAIDERS 2013!!!

“Justice always prevails”

Since: Jan 12

vacaville

#7 Mar 18, 2013
Why not trade down to the middle of the first and get a second rounder, take the best player on the board then try and get Barkley with that pick. I think he will break the mold of the bad USC QB's

“PLAY TO WIN”

OG, "so cal."

#8 Mar 18, 2013
The_Solution wrote:
Why not trade down to the middle of the first and get a second rounder, take the best player on the board then try and get Barkley with that pick. I think he will break the mold of the bad USC QB's
that would probably mean, giving terrellle pryor full shot, shoot, and holler sh.t!. i'm up for that. the only question there, is pryor would be under preasure in front of geno or barkley. but, may the best (qb) win. anything after palmer, is a gamble. and if it works out that way? so be it!
RAIDERS 2013!!!
Freddy

Granger, IN

#9 Mar 18, 2013
raiderfaith wrote:
Agreed. Although I think Palmer is more than a short term answer. He can easily play another 3 years if not more. That is a long time in the NFL.
Freddy

Granger, IN

#10 Mar 18, 2013
RAIDER MISTERIO OG wrote:
<quoted text>it's still not out of the question. arizona didn't hire kolb. they strongly rummored to go after palmer. if they did trade palmer to arizona, do RAIDERS have full confidence in terrelle pryor? or do they go for geno smith in the draft? i have to say, geno smith resembled carson palmer, only, younger! RAIDERS were at smiths pro-days workout to either bluff the draft or were they really interested? g smith had a great pro-day workout. pro-day is something a lot of coaches look forward to more than the combine workout and geno iced it! arizona could be the one to either sit and wait for geno smith in the draft or possibly trade down with oakland for palmer. eagles are also said to be interested in smith, and they are one pick after RAIDERS.
RAIDERS 2013!!!
Bruce Arians coache Big Ben for a long time. Coached Andrew Luck (another playoff team) last season. And he goes to Arizona and wants Palmer? Doesn't that speak to Palmer's talent and why the Raiders should not even consider trading him? As far as Smith, I believe the Eagles are playing very coy and could very well pick Smith. This could bode well for the Raiders as it may cause Buffalo to trade up.
Freddy

Granger, IN

#11 Mar 18, 2013
The_Solution wrote:
Palmer is a USC QB and does not fit the mold. It is not USC that makes an unsuccessful QB. It is the fact that most of them are coming out with below average to average arms. Very tough to make it in the NFL without the arm strength. Palmer has always had the arm strength and the skills to succeed. He is not perfect, but was well dersving of the #1 overall pick. Barkley may be successful in the right system. His arm strength is not above average and will have a tough time.

Since: Jan 11

Tempe, AZ

#12 Mar 19, 2013
Ya. Let's keep in 2 morer young, mobile QB that got to sit behind and learn from others guys and were NOT rushed into the spotlight.

Steve Young and Aaron Rodgers. Each spent about 4 years on the bench.
Freddy wrote:
<quoted text>Agreed. Although I think Palmer is more than a short term answer. He can easily play another 3 years if not more. That is a long time in the NFL.
Fins Player Reloc Program

Miami, FL

#13 Mar 19, 2013
Good to see that RaderNation isn't getting too overly jacked up over Kevin Burnett. Yaaaaawn.

“PLAY TO WIN”

OG, "so cal."

#14 Mar 19, 2013
Fins Player Reloc Program wrote:
Good to see that RaderNation isn't getting too overly jacked up over Kevin Burnett. Yaaaaawn.
yeiii
RAIDERS OF 2013!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Kevin Burnett Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Kevin Burnett Only Hurting Himself By Not Atten... (Jun '14) Jun '14 RAIDER MISTERIO OG 9
Raiders OTA: Hayden, Burnett unable to practice (Jun '14) Jun '14 SIlver Fan 1
Which Raiders rookies look to have immediate im... (May '14) May '14 RAIDER MISTERIO OG 10
Raiders Now Have a Full House at Linebacker (May '14) May '14 Laughing Bear Fan 6
Dallas Cowboys News & Notes: Drafting Like It's... (Apr '14) Apr '14 Laughing Bear Fan 12
NFL Free Agency: Raiders work not done (Mar '14) Mar '14 RAIDER MISTERIO OG 4
Raiders, Houston Texans reportedly discussing S... (Mar '14) Mar '14 Zild0405 12
More from around the web