Giants have 5 tight ends wanting Shockey's place

Jul 23, 2008 Read more: Newsday 6
For the first time in years - and the first time in Tom Coughlin's tenure as Giants coach - the team will start a season with a question mark at tight end. Read more
Reality

Westbury, NY

#1 Jul 23, 2008
Now the Giants don't have to worry about

1) Shockey dropping key passes
2) Shockey missing key blocks
3) Shockey's drive killing penalties
4) Shockey's bigotry
5) Shockey's nasty attitude
6) Shockey's IQ of 60
7) Shockey's stench

He's never been a top 20 TE, always overrated but indeed very talented.
James

New York, NY

#2 Jul 23, 2008
Boss made some pretty big plays once he stepped in for Shockey. While I liked Shockey, I think Boss' agility and humongous size will make him a very good replacement.

“Male Dog!!”

Since: Mar 08

Ellicott City, MD

#3 Jul 23, 2008
Its a shame, because I have honestly have seen few tight-ends with his ability.
PJM

Newark, NJ

#4 Jul 23, 2008
Reality wrote:
Now the Giants don't have to worry about
1) Shockey dropping key passes
2) Shockey missing key blocks
3) Shockey's drive killing penalties
4) Shockey's bigotry
5) Shockey's nasty attitude
6) Shockey's IQ of 60
7) Shockey's stench
He's never been a top 20 TE, always overrated but indeed very talented.
You're right he was a top 5 TE, just look at his stats on NFL.com . 4 Pro bowls , yeah he sucked. Yes he had some bad drops but, he also made some incredible one hand catches. Yes he got stupid penalties but, he also got extra yards knocking over DBs.He was having a good year and was maturing in his attitude until he got hurt. I like Boss and Matthews can block but, he has hands of stone. Hopefully Johnson can take up the slack. Where did you get #4?
PJM

Newark, NJ

#5 Jul 23, 2008
My mistake top 8 TE, since he got hurt. That was a problem he never play a full season.
Rookie year in 2002 he was #1 with 74 catches in 15 games. 2003 he was #6 48 rec in only 9 games.
2004 #7 61 rec in 15 games
2005 tied for 7th 65rec but #3 in yards in 15 games.
2006 #5 66 rec in 15 games #11 in yards.
2007 #8 57 rec in 14 games #7 in yards.
overrated
Yeah he had a bad attitude, I won't miss that.
Kokomo Joe

Columbus, OH

#6 Jul 23, 2008
Shockey is an assrag with an eight year olds brain. Now he's threatening the giants about what he is going to do to them if they meet on opposing teams. Tha lame assrag will not be in the NFL 3 more years. Mark my words. There is no amount of money or talent to make one want to deal with crap like his. Enjoy the heat and mosquitoes in Louisiana, assrag!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Kevin Boss Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News WIll Raiders take top O-lineman? (Feb '13) Mar '13 Captain Canada 10
News Chiefs Place Kevin Boss On IR (Oct '12) Oct '12 Soap on a Rope 2
News Kansas City Chiefs: Jamaal Charles and Peyton H... (Sep '12) Sep '12 Report 2
News Kansas City Chiefs: A Super Bowl Contender? (Jun '12) Jul '12 Mabster 2
News Boss likes new home 'on the better side' of Chi... (Jun '12) Jun '12 RAIDER MISTERIO OG 3
News Column: Oakland Raiders finally financially res... (Mar '12) Mar '12 Captain Canada 1
News Raiders release Kamerion Wimbley, agree to term... (Mar '12) Mar '12 Laughing Bear Fan 2
More from around the web