Boss to Raiders

Boss to Raiders

There are 13 comments on the Sporting News story from Aug 5, 2011, titled Boss to Raiders. In it, Sporting News reports that:

After losing Zach Miller in free agency to Seattle, the Raiders needed a starting tight end.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Sporting News.

mwgfret

Alameda, CA

#1 Aug 5, 2011
We could've done worse, but I don't see him filling Zacks' shoes.

“RaiderNation of Domination”

Since: May 07

Some West Texas County

#2 Aug 5, 2011
I hated to see Zach Miller go but Kevin Boss and Bo Scaife were arguably the next best options. So since Boss wanted to come here I guess he was the best one to get. Welcome to the RaiderNation Boss!!!!!!!
ghostrider

New Port Richey, FL

#4 Aug 6, 2011
are u kidding me man the raiders are losing their star players how r we suppose 2 make a run to the superbowl. Zach miller was a proven player who helped the raiders as well as the corner back. Now what.

Some West Texas County

#5 Aug 6, 2011
ghostrider wrote:
are u kidding me man the raiders are losing their star players how r we suppose 2 make a run to the superbowl. Zach miller was a proven player who helped the raiders as well as the corner back. Now what.
The problem is that Al Davis let a coach go that was getting this team going in the right direction and certain players were tired of starting over every year so when Cable was gone certain players decided to follow like Gallery and Miller. Aso was a money case. Now we the fans just have to sit back and see what Hue can do.

“PLAY TO WIN”

Since: Jul 09

OG, "so cal."

#6 Aug 6, 2011
zack miller is gone!=(
kevin boss is a RAIDER!=)
RAIDERS 2011!!!=D

“RAIDERS 2015--JUST WIN BABY!”

Since: Jul 11

Michigan

#7 Aug 6, 2011
ghostrider wrote:
"the corner back"????
Seen many Raiders games? Was that sarcasm or do you not know his name?

Some West Texas County

#8 Aug 6, 2011
Speaking of Kevin Boss...I just saw that he will wear #87...Maybe he's the second coming of "The Ghost"

Michigan

#9 Aug 7, 2011
I've always been a fan of the TE position and always felt he should be used as a receiver.

Having said that.........

With Boss having his 'strengths' in the blocking game, I could see the Raiders running their offense a little more that way.......throwing the ball down field more, keep the TE in to block and give J. Campbell more time (and more time for receivers to get open)........I would not be opposed to this. D-mac, Bush and Reese all have GREAT hands coming out the backfield if you need a short, check down pass.

Not that Boss-Man isn't going to get his targets, but I wouldn't mind him blocking is all.

Also, the SB experience he brings is invaluable to our team. In some ways Boss-Man is actually better to have on our team than Z. Miller.
Raider Faith

Asheboro, NC

#10 Aug 7, 2011
Boss was used in blocking schemes because the Giants were not a team that used the TE...if you look at his numbers his are better than Zach miller...just not as many looks. In my opinion we need to keep using the TE as we have...and if his blocking is needed then use it...but I like the passing game improving...it will only better our running game.
Zild0405 wrote:
I've always been a fan of the TE position and always felt he should be used as a receiver.
Having said that.........
With Boss having his 'strengths' in the blocking game, I could see the Raiders running their offense a little more that way.......throwing the ball down field more, keep the TE in to block and give J. Campbell more time (and more time for receivers to get open)........I would not be opposed to this. D-mac, Bush and Reese all have GREAT hands coming out the backfield if you need a short, check down pass.
Not that Boss-Man isn't going to get his targets, but I wouldn't mind him blocking is all.
Also, the SB experience he brings is invaluable to our team. In some ways Boss-Man is actually better to have on our team than Z. Miller.

“PLAY TO WIN”

OG, "so cal."

#11 Aug 8, 2011
most everyone is happy with the "boss"! he may just be another "gates" or BETTER! watch out chargers!
RAIDERS 2011!!!

Michigan

#12 Aug 8, 2011
I don't think that Boss's numbers are better than Miller's....just comparable He had more yards per catch but a LOT less catches. I think we can all agree that he got less looks because of the system he was in but he had a LOT more drops. From what I've seen, Boss has GREAT hands and a GREAT ability to catch the ball (especially with a defender on his back). I am very happy the Raiders picked him up (I think everyone has seen my posts before we got him)....I just don't think he is the receiver that Miller is. But that is FINE with me. In my opinion (again referring to my posts before we got him) I think Kevin Boss is the next best TE to Zach Miller for my Raiders. Greg Olsen is (possibly) a better receiver as TE, but Boss is a better "overall" TE.

In my opinion, Boss is, so far, the biggest shining light in my off season....and he's a BIG light in my book.

“Undertaker Raiders Simona S”

Since: Apr 11

The Blackhole

#13 Aug 8, 2011
If Boss was the best available then I guess he was a good signing.

“PLAY TO WIN”

OG, "so cal."

#15 Aug 9, 2011
Haleys Commet wrote:
If Boss was the best available then I guess he was a good signing.
better put, better said!
RAIDERS 2011!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Kevin Boss Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News WIll Raiders take top O-lineman? (Feb '13) Mar '13 Captain Canada 10
News Chiefs Place Kevin Boss On IR (Oct '12) Oct '12 Soap on a Rope 2
News Kansas City Chiefs: Jamaal Charles and Peyton H... (Sep '12) Sep '12 Report 2
News Kansas City Chiefs: A Super Bowl Contender? (Jun '12) Jul '12 Mabster 2
News Boss likes new home 'on the better side' of Chi... (Jun '12) Jun '12 RAIDER MISTERIO OG 3
News Column: Oakland Raiders finally financially res... (Mar '12) Mar '12 Captain Canada 1
News Raiders release Kamerion Wimbley, agree to term... (Mar '12) Mar '12 Laughing Bear Fan 2
More from around the web