Place in NY history at stake for Eli

Place in NY history at stake for Eli

There are 6 comments on the Newsday story from Jan 8, 2009, titled Place in NY history at stake for Eli. In it, Newsday reports that:

Eli Manning is now three solid hours of football away from claiming sole ownership of a title no one in his or her right mind would have bestowed upon him a year ago today: Greatest quarterback in New York ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

carlbanksfan

Norwalk, CT

#1 Jan 8, 2009
Wow this writer's football observations are pedestrian and well...idiotic. Maybe he should play less fantasy football.
Eric

Los Angeles, CA

#2 Jan 8, 2009
I hate lazy sportswriters. He says you could rip off the names of 5 QB's you would rather have in the huddle with 2 minutes and 80 yards to go. Brady and P. Manning not included name me 5 starting QB's playing right now that you would rather have in that situation and back it up. From the week 17 loss to the Pats up until now Eli has QB'd his team to 3 road playoff victories, a SB victory where he collected the MVP, followed this year with an NFC East title and 12-4 record. That's 21 games. A 16-5 record(.761 win %). In those 21 games Eli has thrown for 4346 yards 31td's against 12 ints.
Hoss

Edison, NJ

#3 Jan 8, 2009
The 2 minute / 80 yard paragraph was the nail in the coffin of this piece.

In that spot, Eli is among the best, if not the best in the NFL right now.

Eli's greatest strength is his ability to stay on an even keel in any situation, and he has engineered many a 2 minute drive to win the game. It started his rookie year, and we saw it in Super Bowl XLII.

He may not be a guy that puts up statistics, but he gives you a good chance to win every time he steps out there.

If the Giants run the ball well and play good defense, Eli will more than likely handle his end of the bargain and big blue will be in great shape for a repeat.
StopLoss

New York, NY

#4 Jan 9, 2009
Eli got a 39 on his Wonderlic, the highest score of any currently starting QB in the NFL.

Between that and reporters who actually do their job getting quotes from guys like Reese on how smart Eli is being easily out there to find, at least the intelligence part out of the article when talking about him being middle of the road should be edited out.

Just saying.

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

#5 Jan 9, 2009
For one, forget the 2 minute trash. You play your game to the plan you made, and make adjustments through out the game, you will never need that 2 minute drill. Now for # 2 I will take Eli over every QB left in the playoffs. For the record I am not an Eli fan. Still think that he was over paid for his contract with nothing to show that he deserve MILLIONS. Thats just me. Even with a SB win I was not a big fan of his. Mind you he did a great job in the final 2 minutes of that game, but it was a TOTAL TEAM EFFORT! Not just Eli. Win this game Eli a long with the total team effort and I WILL be on the ELI MANNING WAGON!. GO G-MEN KICK eagle BUTT! Again I still say G-Men by 2 TDs and the Eaglets with no offensive TDs and McNabblits trade rumors starting next week.
Eddie

New York, NY

#6 Jan 9, 2009
awsome article

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Kevin Boss Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News WIll Raiders take top O-lineman? (Feb '13) Mar '13 Captain Canada 10
News Chiefs Place Kevin Boss On IR (Oct '12) Oct '12 Soap on a Rope 2
News Kansas City Chiefs: Jamaal Charles and Peyton H... (Sep '12) Sep '12 Report 2
News Kansas City Chiefs: A Super Bowl Contender? (Jun '12) Jul '12 Mabster 2
News Boss likes new home 'on the better side' of Chi... (Jun '12) Jun '12 RAIDER MISTERIO OG 3
News Column: Oakland Raiders finally financially res... (Mar '12) Mar '12 Captain Canada 1
News Raiders release Kamerion Wimbley, agree to term... (Mar '12) Mar '12 Laughing Bear Fan 2
More from around the web