Errant snap sets up Giants' win

Errant snap sets up Giants' win

There are 26 comments on the Baltimore Sun story from Oct 27, 2008, titled Errant snap sets up Giants' win. In it, Baltimore Sun reports that:

The Pittsburgh Steelers , stretched thin by injuries and their own mistakes, repeatedly kept the New York Giants out of their end zone.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Baltimore Sun.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Biff

Troy, MI

#21 Oct 27, 2008
Tom wrote:
Steelers still S U C K!
If your definition of 'S U C K' is first place, the okay.

Yes, they have their work cut out for them and with yesterdays unfortunate turn of events, they have a little bit of a hole to dig out of. But I can assure you, they will be in there in the end.

“The Lombardi Sixpack”

Since: Feb 08

East Butler, PA

#22 Oct 28, 2008
Biff wrote:
<quoted text>Good for you. I am hanging on to the ones I have remaining...8-8 is a stretch. They have a tough road ahead, especially with the injuries mounting even more, but they have winnable games. They'll find a way...I am think 10-6, maybe a lucky break here and there could get them to 11-5 or 12-4.
I predicted 12-4 at the beginning of the season but they have had some unfortunate injuries. I think they will miss mendenhall more than anyone. The steelers don't have a big back to run between the tackles and close games for them. At any rate I still think the steelers will win the division.
Biff

Bethpage, NY

#23 Oct 28, 2008
I agree...I think the plan was to have Mendenhall ready to roll as the season progressed, to spell Parker and pound it up the middle. But obviously that won't happen. The good thing is, for Mendenhall its a shoulder and not a knee or ankle. More than anything, Mewelde Moore has done a great job, and if Willie ever gets back, that could be a formidable punch going down the stretch.
I agree, the division should be ours, barring anything unforseen and out of the ordinary.
Immediate need is a long-snapper and potentially a punter. FS Ryan Clark is out next week, but I think Ty Carter is serviceable back there.

“The Lombardi Sixpack”

Since: Feb 08

East Butler, PA

#24 Oct 28, 2008
Biff wrote:
I agree...I think the plan was to have Mendenhall ready to roll as the season progressed, to spell Parker and pound it up the middle. But obviously that won't happen. The good thing is, for Mendenhall its a shoulder and not a knee or ankle. More than anything, Mewelde Moore has done a great job, and if Willie ever gets back, that could be a formidable punch going down the stretch.
I agree, the division should be ours, barring anything unforseen and out of the ordinary.
Immediate need is a long-snapper and potentially a punter. FS Ryan Clark is out next week, but I think Ty Carter is serviceable back there.
what ever happened to anthony smith? that dude went from starter to 3rd string in one off season.
Biff

Bethpage, NY

#25 Oct 28, 2008
Bob Roberts wrote:
<quoted text>
what ever happened to anthony smith? that dude went from starter to 3rd string in one off season.
Yeah really...ever since his 'prediction' and blown coverages at NE, he's been rarely seen. I would imagine with Clark out next week and Carter in, Anthony Smith should make some sort of reappearance, if not...then he is certainly in the dog house.

“The Lombardi Sixpack”

Since: Feb 08

East Butler, PA

#26 Oct 28, 2008
Biff wrote:
<quoted text>Yeah really...ever since his 'prediction' and blown coverages at NE, he's been rarely seen. I would imagine with Clark out next week and Carter in, Anthony Smith should make some sort of reappearance, if not...then he is certainly in the dog house.
they will no doubt play him in dime situations.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Kevin Boss Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News WIll Raiders take top O-lineman? (Feb '13) Mar '13 Captain Canada 10
News Chiefs Place Kevin Boss On IR (Oct '12) Oct '12 Soap on a Rope 2
News Kansas City Chiefs: Jamaal Charles and Peyton H... (Sep '12) Sep '12 Report 2
News Kansas City Chiefs: A Super Bowl Contender? (Jun '12) Jul '12 Mabster 2
News Boss likes new home 'on the better side' of Chi... (Jun '12) Jun '12 RAIDER MISTERIO OG 3
News Column: Oakland Raiders finally financially res... (Mar '12) Mar '12 Captain Canada 1
News Raiders release Kamerion Wimbley, agree to term... (Mar '12) Mar '12 Laughing Bear Fan 2
More from around the web