Errant snap sets up Giants' win

Errant snap sets up Giants' win

There are 26 comments on the Baltimore Sun story from Oct 27, 2008, titled Errant snap sets up Giants' win. In it, Baltimore Sun reports that:

The Pittsburgh Steelers , stretched thin by injuries and their own mistakes, repeatedly kept the New York Giants out of their end zone.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Baltimore Sun.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Rich

Cedar Rapids, IA

#1 Oct 27, 2008
Great game. Along with the Ravens looking so much like a real football team, this defeat to the Steelers really put us back in the play off picture. We have the Steelers at home. Oh boy!

“The Lombardi Sixpack”

Since: Feb 08

East Butler, PA

#2 Oct 27, 2008
Rich wrote:
Great game. Along with the Ravens looking so much like a real football team, this defeat to the Steelers really put us back in the play off picture. We have the Steelers at home. Oh boy!
Now that is going to be one tough road game. You guys are two games down right? A win will bring things almost even but we still have the conference and division record to break a tie.
Tom

Rehoboth Beach, DE

#3 Oct 27, 2008
Steelers s u c k!

“Lets GO BROWNS”

Since: Sep 08

Jamestown NY

#4 Oct 27, 2008
Rich wrote:
They have to get by Cleveland first!

“Lets GO BROWNS”

Jamestown NY

#5 Oct 27, 2008
Bob Roberts wrote:
<quoted text>
Now that is going to be one tough road game. You guys are two games down right? A win will bring things almost even but we still have the conference and division record to break a tie.
Bob! Where have you been???
Football AL

Chicago, IL

#6 Oct 27, 2008
Again if it's Brown, flush it down.

Love it when the Stillers lose, especially in the way they gave the game away. Sacks, stupid penalties, injuries, general mayhem...

Harrison you made our weekend, now if only the Ravens had a way to block him...

“The Lombardi Sixpack”

East Butler, PA

#7 Oct 27, 2008
Bernie Kosar wrote:
<quoted text>Bob! Where have you been???
Hey Bernie, I've been swamped at work and had to put in major overtime to get a project completed. No time to post but I did watch the games (of course). Great victory last week by the browns! Your fat guys really mauled the gmen! Lewis was the answer for their front 4 too. He beat the hell out of those guys. I loved every minute of it.

“The Lombardi Sixpack”

East Butler, PA

#8 Oct 27, 2008
Bernie Kosar wrote:
<quoted text>They have to get by Cleveland first!
If the browns win next week they be tied for second place. I'm pulling for them to win of course because it would drop the ravens by another game.
rob

Hyattsville, MD

#9 Oct 27, 2008
Bernie Kosar wrote:
<quoted text>They have to get by Cleveland first!
Should be a good game. I think the Cleveland defense will be in a lot of extra meetings this week on how to deal with the Raven's newest wrinkle to their offense. When was the last time you saw a starting qb catch a long pass from another qb and almost score a touchdown? The pass was way out in front of Flacco, so he caught the ball on his finger tips and fell forward on the 5 yeard line with the recpetion. Cam cameron has this offense doing things I have never seen it do before. They had Flacco lined up as receiver and Smith at Qb running the option play and since Smith ran it all day at Ohio State, it worked pretty good. Oakland is a bad team, but they had no idea what the helx was going on. Like most Raven's fans, I just sat there kind of stunned!

“Lets GO BROWNS”

Jamestown NY

#10 Oct 27, 2008
Bob Roberts wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey Bernie, I've been swamped at work and had to put in major overtime to get a project completed. No time to post but I did watch the games (of course). Great victory last week by the browns! Your fat guys really mauled the gmen! Lewis was the answer for their front 4 too. He beat the hell out of those guys. I loved every minute of it.
I know what you mean about swamped at work... I don't have the internet at home, wouldn't have the time for it much anyways. Work comes first, I was just worried that maybe something happened to ya. Haven't seen you on here for a couple of weeks and that was just not normal for you hahaha. Browns have a big game against the Ravens this week. Payback time! The browns beat the jags yesterday but it wasn't pretty. I think they have had 1st and goal 4 times this year and haven't been able to put it in for 6 - end up with field goals. It happened twice yesterday. I saw some of the Steelers game - first half. Tough loss man. Arians at his best eh?

“Lets GO BROWNS”

Jamestown NY

#11 Oct 27, 2008
rob wrote:
<quoted text>
Should be a good game. I think the Cleveland defense will be in a lot of extra meetings this week on how to deal with the Raven's newest wrinkle to their offense. When was the last time you saw a starting qb catch a long pass from another qb and almost score a touchdown? The pass was way out in front of Flacco, so he caught the ball on his finger tips and fell forward on the 5 yeard line with the recpetion. Cam cameron has this offense doing things I have never seen it do before. They had Flacco lined up as receiver and Smith at Qb running the option play and since Smith ran it all day at Ohio State, it worked pretty good. Oakland is a bad team, but they had no idea what the helx was going on. Like most Raven's fans, I just sat there kind of stunned!
Hey Rob, I think your right... Another good game coming up. It's the Browns defense that has been winning this year. With the exception of the Giants game,the Browns Offense has really been struggling. Some weeks good , other weeks just plain aweful. Oakland may not be that good, but don't take it lightly... A win in the NFL is big no matter who they play. You never can take one of the "losing" teams for granted, cause thats when they beat you. I really thought Cincy would have gotten their first win this last week. As far as the "trick" plays go... I love them. They show imagination and keeps the Defense honest. Miami has been doing alot of them this year and it's worked for them.
Ben

United States

#12 Oct 27, 2008
I'm sure glad I sold all my Steelers tickets already. It looks like the Steelers will be lucky to finish 8-8.
rob

Hyattsville, MD

#13 Oct 27, 2008
Bernie Kosar wrote:
<quoted text>Hey Rob, I think your right... Another good game coming up. It's the Browns defense that has been winning this year. With the exception of the Giants game,the Browns Offense has really been struggling. Some weeks good , other weeks just plain aweful. Oakland may not be that good, but don't take it lightly... A win in the NFL is big no matter who they play. You never can take one of the "losing" teams for granted, cause thats when they beat you. I really thought Cincy would have gotten their first win this last week. As far as the "trick" plays go... I love them. They show imagination and keeps the Defense honest. Miami has been doing alot of them this year and it's worked for them.
The interesting thing is they are NOT trick plays. The Raven's have been wanting to run this package all season waiting for Smith to get healthy. Cameron said that this was just the base template that we saw and that a whole new group of plays will be run off of the template. I don't care if the Raven's were to finish last in this rebuilding year. This is the most excitment we have ever seen from a Raven's offense. It is REALLY wierd to hear the D players getting all excited about the offense in interviews. Even Ray Lewis who never says anything good about the Raven's offense was impressed. He said He was shocked at how fast 6-6 Flacco can run. The bigger picture is Flacco may turn out to be one helx of a qb in the future. Heck in 7 games, he has 2 rushing td's and a 43 yard reception and 3 passing td's. Of the Raven's 12 td's this year, Flacco has been a part of 5 of them. Not GREAT numbers, but he's only played 7 games. Best stat, 2nd stright games, no interceptions, nothing even close.
Another thought people don't think about , U of DE went to the championship last year of Div 1A, so they played 11 games and 4 palyoff games, so Flacco is used to a long season, something that bites a lot of rookies.

“The Lombardi Sixpack”

East Butler, PA

#14 Oct 27, 2008
Bernie Kosar wrote:
<quoted text>I know what you mean about swamped at work... I don't have the internet at home, wouldn't have the time for it much anyways. Work comes first, I was just worried that maybe something happened to ya. Haven't seen you on here for a couple of weeks and that was just not normal for you hahaha. Browns have a big game against the Ravens this week. Payback time! The browns beat the jags yesterday but it wasn't pretty. I think they have had 1st and goal 4 times this year and haven't been able to put it in for 6 - end up with field goals. It happened twice yesterday. I saw some of the Steelers game - first half. Tough loss man. Arians at his best eh?
Why don't they just pound the damn ball in with Lewis? Line up some fat guys to block for him and run it in. Coordinators always try to get cute inside the 10. Cute works for Payton Manning and Brady but I think power running is better.

Arians can't adjust. I hate the way he calls games. Every game the steelers win is mostly a defensive effort and the offense muddles along. I hope they send him packing next year.

“The Lombardi Sixpack”

East Butler, PA

#15 Oct 27, 2008
Ben wrote:
I'm sure glad I sold all my Steelers tickets already. It looks like the Steelers will be lucky to finish 8-8.
whatever douchey. At 5-2 they look more like a 12-4 team to me or 11-5 on the downside. Got math? idiot.
Ben

United States

#16 Oct 27, 2008
Bob Roberts wrote:
<quoted text>
whatever douchey. At 5-2 they look more like a 12-4 team to me or 11-5 on the downside. Got math? idiot.
3-6 for the remaining 9 games. They can beat the Bengals, Ravens and the Browns. The rest will be losses. Sorry to hurt your feelings. Just my prediction.
At least I made a profit on those tickets.

“The Lombardi Sixpack”

East Butler, PA

#17 Oct 27, 2008
Ben wrote:
<quoted text>3-6 for the remaining 9 games. They can beat the Bengals, Ravens and the Browns. The rest will be losses. Sorry to hurt your feelings. Just my prediction.
At least I made a profit on those tickets.
3-6? that would indeed be depressing. Did you sell the tickets on stub hub? Don't worry my feelings aren't hurt, I think the Steelers will finish first in the division at 12-4...then again I wore my steelers socks to work the day after the last super bowl. lol.

Since: Jul 08

Dutton, VA

#18 Oct 27, 2008
GO GIANTS!
Tom

Rehoboth Beach, DE

#19 Oct 27, 2008
Steelers still S U C K!
Biff

Troy, MI

#20 Oct 27, 2008
Ben wrote:
Good for you. I am hanging on to the ones I have remaining...8-8 is a stretch. They have a tough road ahead, especially with the injuries mounting even more, but they have winnable games. They'll find a way...I am think 10-6, maybe a lucky break here and there could get them to 11-5 or 12-4.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Kevin Boss Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News WIll Raiders take top O-lineman? (Feb '13) Mar '13 Captain Canada 10
News Chiefs Place Kevin Boss On IR (Oct '12) Oct '12 Soap on a Rope 2
News Kansas City Chiefs: Jamaal Charles and Peyton H... (Sep '12) Sep '12 Report 2
News Kansas City Chiefs: A Super Bowl Contender? (Jun '12) Jul '12 Mabster 2
News Boss likes new home 'on the better side' of Chi... (Jun '12) Jun '12 RAIDER MISTERIO OG 3
News Column: Oakland Raiders finally financially res... (Mar '12) Mar '12 Captain Canada 1
News Raiders release Kamerion Wimbley, agree to term... (Mar '12) Mar '12 Laughing Bear Fan 2
More from around the web