Giants' Spagnuolo wanted for head-coa...

Giants' Spagnuolo wanted for head-coach openings

There are 8 comments on the Newsday story from Dec 30, 2008, titled Giants' Spagnuolo wanted for head-coach openings. In it, Newsday reports that:

If there is any doubt that coaching football is a business, Antonio Pierce squashed it with his analogy.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

Bill

East Quogue, NY

#1 Dec 30, 2008
Noooooooo!
Dino

Bayside, NY

#3 Dec 30, 2008
Kill Israelis! Go Greece! Palestine Forever! Go Rangers!

---Dino Rangerites
Astoria, NY
gmen79player

Waterford, MI

#4 Dec 30, 2008
Spags isn't going anywhere.......right???
dirtywhiteboy

Owosso, MI

#5 Dec 30, 2008
Hell yeah, I hope he comes to Detroit to give us a hand. If anyone needs him it's us.
steelworker

Croton On Hudson, NY

#6 Dec 31, 2008
I think the giants played this all wrong. Spags was supposed to be the replacement of Coughlin...coughlin is getting old..spags is young...this is how the Giants lost all there other coaches to other teams...say Billicheck please........not to smart..I thought they we grooming spags to take the top slot....?
PASTA Bowl

Englishtown, NJ

#7 Dec 31, 2008
Since the J-E-T-S love all things Italian, Spags is going nowhere but GREEN.

J-E-T-S, J-E-T-S, J-E-T-S, baby......!!!!
Bill

East Quogue, NY

#8 Jan 1, 2009
Bill Belichick, John Fox, Vince Lombardi, Tom Landry. Historically, when the Giants lose a good assistant, it takes a while to recover from it.
Hoss

Edison, NJ

#9 Jan 1, 2009
Guys, this is how it works. A defensive coordinator of his stature gets head coaching opportunities.

Spags has earned a head coaching gig, but the Giants have a coach who just won the Super Bowl and led his team to the #1 seed in the NFC playoffs. And you guys are thinking about his replacement? Really?

The Giants have an excellent head coach and an excellent D Coordinator. Enjoy it!

And to say it's "not smart," and was "played all wrong" is ridiculous. He earned a head coach job after LAST year, but the Giants front office ponied up a ton of cash to keep him for another year! That is the best they could have possibly done.

It was smart of the Giants to hire him away from Philly in the first place. It was smart to try to keep him for the title defense, and the front office has the team in the fortunate position of not needing a new head coach!!!

Right now, the Giants are the model franchise in the NFL. Excellent coaching staff, excellent front office, including a bright young GM, and depth at just about every position on the field.

Oh, not to mention they are the Super Bowl Champions and the favorite to win the NFC. There is nothing to complain about right now. Enjoy it!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Kevin Boss Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News WIll Raiders take top O-lineman? (Feb '13) Mar '13 Captain Canada 10
News Chiefs Place Kevin Boss On IR (Oct '12) Oct '12 Soap on a Rope 2
News Kansas City Chiefs: Jamaal Charles and Peyton H... (Sep '12) Sep '12 Report 2
News Kansas City Chiefs: A Super Bowl Contender? (Jun '12) Jul '12 Mabster 2
News Boss likes new home 'on the better side' of Chi... (Jun '12) Jun '12 RAIDER MISTERIO OG 3
News Column: Oakland Raiders finally financially res... (Mar '12) Mar '12 Captain Canada 1
News Raiders release Kamerion Wimbley, agree to term... (Mar '12) Mar '12 Laughing Bear Fan 2
More from around the web