Chiefs' Green Thanks Fans for Support

Quarterback Trent Green, still recovering from a severe concussion, thanked fans Monday for thousands of expressions of support from around the world. Full Story
Wayne Branham

Columbus, OH

#1 Sep 25, 2006
I am a huge Chief fan and I am relieved to see Trent Green is doing well after the hit and canít wait to see him back on the field however, at the end of the article I couldn't ignore the comment made by Kendall Gammon. Trust me I tried.

"That's between Trent and his doctors," Gammon said. "But I just wish all these people who complain about the money athletes make would take a look at the replay of that hit Trent took."

I would like to remind Kendall that what they are playing is a game. There are people, presently and in many previous wars, that are getting paid just enough to live on. These soldiers risk their lives daily by dodging bullets and IEDís. Many others have lost limbs and even giving the ultimate sacrifice, their lives. Maybe the soldiers who actually do risk their life everyday should be making the millions and the people playing the game should be making just enough to live on. How ironic is it that the same people who are being shot at and making very little money are the same people that help pay your salary so you can play a game.

I ask you, Kendall Gammon, that the next time you hear your argument, think about the soldiers, policemen and fireman that help pay your salary. These people actually do risk life and limb everyday, not for money but, to help preserve the American way of life.
Ray Robbins in KC

United States

#2 Sep 27, 2006
I have heard from several sources that Trent and his wife have decided it was time for him to retire. He has not made that decision public, but has already decided not to come back this year at all. Has anyone else heard this, or is this coming from the same old rumor mill. I was told this by someone's wife that is a nurse that works in the same hospital where Trent was taken the day of the injury.
KC FAN

Wichita, KS

#3 Sep 28, 2006
Haven't hurd of it yet, but could see it happening due to all ready having superbowl ring. Hell who knows?
Ray Robbins in KC

United States

#4 Oct 2, 2006
He would be missed!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Kendall Gammon Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
KC Chiefs (1-7)/Pittsburgh Steelers (5-3) NFL W... (Nov '12) Nov '12 Harry Horton 5
Chiefs vs Vikings - Game 4 (Sep '11) Oct '11 Laughing Bear Fan 33
Kendall Gammon's book Dec '05 tomw 1

Kendall Gammon People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE