Heap out, Sypniewski gets start vs. B...

Heap out, Sypniewski gets start vs. Browns

There are 12 comments on the Baltimore Sun story from Nov 18, 2007, titled Heap out, Sypniewski gets start vs. Browns. In it, Baltimore Sun reports that:

Tight end Todd Heap will miss his fourth game in the last six weeks after being deactivated for today's game between the Ravens and Browns.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Baltimore Sun.

Harry OSullivan

Sykesville, MD

#1 Nov 18, 2007
very good article.
Ravens_Flock

Menlo Park, CA

#2 Nov 18, 2007
We got screwed, by the dirty NFL refs. AGAIN. Period.

Boller was amazing in the second half, as was Devard Darling. Who knew a fourth year player who hasn't done SH*T for this team his entire career, would step up so big today when we really needed him? God Bless him.

Despite the loss, if this team can maintain this kind of offensive consistency, and build off of it, we can win some games.....even some of the hard ones that we have left. We aren't making the playoffs, but we can at least get some of our dignity back....and I think Kyle is well on his way to proving that he deserves the starting spot next season. And a healthy new contract.
Doug

Huntsville, AL

#3 Nov 18, 2007
I am not convinced Boller is the QB we need for the long term. He has little pocket awareness. On one of the sacks, he failed to slide to some open space to his left, where there was space to throw the ball from. And the pick returned for a TD.
ljzbxxclkjvb

United States

#4 Nov 18, 2007
Keep your head up Kyle; you started shaky but finished fine. It wasn't your fault. At least you can throw the ball over 20 yards.

Since: Jul 07

Winston Salem, NC

#5 Nov 18, 2007
Boller played well enough to win. I, too, think we got hosed. But, as a Raven fan, I have come to expect that from the NFL zebras. This year against Cincy -- the phantom call? Now the missed FG that CANNOT be reviewed -- gets reviewed and OVERTURNED! Destpite the poor play be the offense this year, we should be 6-4---not 4-6.
watch the replay

United States

#6 Nov 18, 2007
Yo' Ravens Flock, watch the replay; screwed by the refs? hardly. The FG was good; learn the rules.
Jeff

Upper Marlboro, MD

#7 Nov 18, 2007
Place the focus on where it belongs: BILLICK!. Remember, it's 3rd and 1. He calls a PASS. If they call a run, and supposed Ravens don't get the 1st down, 1 of 2 things happpen:(a) Ravens run the clock down for the game winner; (b) Browns call TO. In either case, Ravens make the FG and there is little to no time for the Browns, at least 3 less seconds than they had when they kicked the game winner.

The refs made the right call...BILLICK made the wrong call (as he did against the Bengals on Monday night and against the Bills). Billick is 0-3.

The Ravens need to replace Billick. Plain and simply.
ravencaws from jax fla

Redmond, WA

#8 Nov 18, 2007
Maybe one more win,thats all,a 5 and 11 record,worse record since the pre-Billick era. When do the O's go to spring training?
Lee

Bradenton, FL

#9 Nov 18, 2007
Your wrong, Jeff. Cleveland had 3 timeouts left. If we ran, they'd call a timeout right away - the same amount of time would elapse for an incomplete pass. If Boller put the right touch on the pass, we'd have gotten the first down and you wouldn't be whining. The blame goes on execution. The play calling was great throughout the 2nd half. We moved the ball well.
Sewmil

United States

#10 Nov 18, 2007
i just don't know what to say
ravensfan21

Baltimore, MD

#11 Nov 18, 2007
Any coach should know to run on 3 and 1,they could have run out some time on the clock.The field goal was ruled no good,the call CANNOT be reviewed.Where in the NFL rulebooks does it say a field goal ruled no good can be changed so that it counts as good?If im right there is not one.
Donnie

Bowie, MD

#12 Nov 19, 2007
Sypniewski was wide open on the 3rd and 1. If the Ravens had a real NFL qb playing they would have converted.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Ken Dorsey Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Brandon Weeden starts for 2012 Cleveland Browns... (Sep '12) Sep '12 Geicofarts 7
News Jake Delhomme to Browns: It's not as bad as you... (Mar '10) Mar '10 Concerned Clevela... 5
News It's a new era for the Cleveland Browns, and on... (Sep '09) Sep '09 Simple 2
News Browns' Crennel still fighting; Quinn punc... (Dec '08) Dec '08 grim reaper 2
News Scouting the Cleveland Browns (Dec '08) Dec '08 AtownBrown 1
News UConn's Brown names Big East offensive player o... (Dec '08) Dec '08 Nemesys 1
News Takeaways: Ryan impresses, Manning throws 3 TDs (Dec '08) Dec '08 JenniferInSC 1
More from around the web