Thomas put on IR, out for year

The Dolphins placed Zach Thomas on injured reserve Tuesday, much to the chagrin of the seven-time Pro Bowl linebacker. Full Story
First Prev
of 5
Next Last
Steve

Candiac, Canada

#1 Dec 4, 2007
I will say this about Cameron..he hasn't tried to win a game by encouraging injured players to come back too early. He really has the best in mind for Trent Green and Zach. That being said, it hasn't helped him win any games.
pancanfinfan

San Jose, CA

#2 Dec 4, 2007
Wow. Unf***kinbelievable!
Woodstrock

United States

#3 Dec 4, 2007
pancanfinfan wrote:
Wow. Unf***kinbelievable!
Now just wait for all the 'fans' who will complain that Cameron is making Zach sit out... of course, one more hit to the head and he'd be 'scrambled eggs', but hey, whatever. Everyone wants to CAN CAM, so why not blame him for this too?

“The Best Is Yet To Come...”

Since: Jan 07

South Florida

#4 Dec 4, 2007
Oh, well. This is one of those seasons that when it rains, it pours.

Heal well, Zach.

I'm also surprised Kerry Reed was waived.
marino13

Marion, OH

#5 Dec 4, 2007
IR!, are you kidding me???? Just put him in the game with the headaches. He'll probably me gone after this year anyways! I think Cam is trying to put as many people on IR to save his job. He'll tell Wayne that he can't possibly win a game with this many people injured.
socalfinfan

Duarte, CA

#6 Dec 4, 2007
marino13 wrote:
IR!, are you kidding me???? Just put him in the game with the headaches. He'll probably me gone after this year anyways! I think Cam is trying to put as many people on IR to save his job. He'll tell Wayne that he can't possibly win a game with this many people injured.
If Zach was able to play Im sure that he would,he leads this D and it must be tough for him just to stand and watch.
Melancholy Voter

Miami, FL

#7 Dec 4, 2007
There isn't much to be gained by letting him play anyway.

No sense in risking his health just for the "pride" of finishing 1-15 instead of 0-16.

Hopefully he'll just read the writing on the wall and just retire. Miami won't be a contender any time soon... and he's too damaged for any contender to want him.

Since: Jun 07

Rutledge, GA

#8 Dec 5, 2007
I know its killing Zach to not be able to play, even for a team that is looking more and more like the worst in nfl history right now. Remember, when the bucs went winless, it was only a 14 game season then!
As for Marino13's insunuatiuon that Cam would put as many GOOD players on IR to cover up his losses to wayne makes as much sence as slitting your own tires before a race, and then saying you lost because of flat tires!
NOONE IS THAT STUPID.
Athos

Las Vegas, NV

#9 Dec 5, 2007
He'll be back next year, manning the outside spot- mentoring Channing in the middle. Best of wishes to you Zach! We need you healthy!
jahndoh

Los Olivos, CA

#10 Dec 5, 2007
Woodstrock wrote:
<quoted text> Now just wait for all the 'fans' who will complain that Cameron is making Zach sit out... of course, one more hit to the head and he'd be 'scrambled eggs', but hey, whatever. Everyone wants to CAN CAM, so why not blame him for this too?
Clearly this IS cam's fault! Why did he let these veterans sit the whole preseason when they should have been getting in "football" shape!

Everyone knows a good hard hitting preseason prevents you from getting concussions!

Everyone except that incompetent coach!

Sheesh.

Come on woodstrock, stop covering for him!

;-)
jahndoh

Los Olivos, CA

#11 Dec 5, 2007
marino13 wrote:
That didn't sound stupid. Not at all.

“You want some of this?”

Since: Jul 07

Boca Raton, FL

#12 Dec 5, 2007
Here's a guy who makes a living running into people with his head and he's taken out by an old lady tapping him in the rear.
Joan from Spring Hill

Port Richey, FL

#13 Dec 5, 2007
We will miss you.. Be back next year.. You WILL have a better team anyway. You and all the rest of the injured players will have healed and so will you mentally and physically. I believe the glass is half full, not half empty. Thanks for all the years you have given your ALL!!!!. Love Joan from spring hill, Florida
FFM

United States

#14 Dec 5, 2007
Never mind that it's a head injury, something that could affetct his ability to LIVE, just play him anyway, we need to win ......
What a jackazs !!
marino13 wrote:
go out quietly

Boca Raton, FL

#15 Dec 5, 2007
Good bye, Zach.
PERSPECTIVE

United States

#16 Dec 5, 2007
I hope Zach gets well , and retires. I'd hate to see him ruin his future life after football . If the team is rebuilding , so be it. One player can't help this team right now.If he does come back , I hope he is used in a teaching capacity.
So far a few of the rookies are showing promise. Hopefully that will continue.
JETTATTACK

Durham, NC

#17 Dec 5, 2007
Run Zach run.

Can't say I blame you.

Who would want to be a part of the worst professional team in the history of history since history began way back in history

...snicker snicker...

Here is my question for you farts (hopefully you have someone from up North who can read it to your illiterate arses).

WOULD ZACH BE ON INJURED RESERVE IF THE DOLPHINS WERE NOT WINLESS?

Gotcha Zachy boy...

GROOVY JETS

“Truth to Power!”

Since: Apr 07

Los Angeles, CA

#18 Dec 5, 2007
Good they are shutting Zach down for rest of the year. Maybe he'll be able to play next year but they need to draft a real replacement instead of crowder.
Crowder doesn't cover much ground and is a huge drop off from Zach.
Dolphinmania

Naples, FL

#19 Dec 5, 2007
Zack Zack Zack Zack Zack Zack Zack Zack Zack!

You have been a bright spot nocking the snot bubbles out of the other teams. Bloodied and battered you fought on. You are the Fins all time best linebacker and and probaly the NFL's. I will miss seeing you kick the s*** out of the other team.
You brought so much excitement to the game.
I hope you can come back next year.

Gotta luv Zack!
WTF

Miami, FL

#20 Dec 5, 2007
It's bad enough we don't have the players at this point but to have a young head coach that's "learning on the job" is just too much.
BRING BACK SHULA!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 5
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Kelvin Smith Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Panthers made LB change, sign Culberson (Mar '10) Mar '10 lilmzh8d 1
Miami Dolphins waive Kelvin Smith, Matt McChesney (Feb '09) Feb '09 Injured Reserve 2
Dolphins linebacker Channing Crowder's season l... (Dec '07) Dec '08 cafetero1075 32
Dolphins sign AFL linebacker (Aug '08) Aug '08 T-Paper 27
Dolphins camp recap (Aug '08) Aug '08 Speedy 2
Two Dolphins linebacker shelved by injury (Aug '08) Aug '08 aahg 6
Dolphins open training camp without Porter (Jul '08) Jul '08 ralphthedolfan 22
More from around the web