Tune in early to see regulars

Tune in early to see regulars

There are 38 comments on the The Indianapolis Star story from Aug 9, 2007, titled Tune in early to see regulars. In it, The Indianapolis Star reports that:

Can't wait to watch the Super Bowl champions tonight? Don't wait too long after the 8 p.m. kickoff, not if you want to see the real thing.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Indianapolis Star.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Mr A

United States

#2 Aug 9, 2007
Pre Season is strictly a time for the unknowns to make a semi-name for themselves and maybe make the team. For the regulars/starters it is dangerous times for injuries. Who really cares except it it FOOTBALL TIME AGAIN.......
Frntrnnr

United States

#3 Aug 9, 2007
The boring pre-season is too long. Two games should be the standard, three games at the most.
sealionindy

United States

#4 Aug 9, 2007
CHAMPIONAPOLIS COLTS wrote:
IM SURE THE NO LIFE HAVING BOSTON BEAN EATING BLOWHARDS WHO READ THE INDYSTAR EVERY DAY BECAUSE THEY ARE BEYOND PATHETIC WILL END UP POSTING ON HERE, SO I WILL BE THE FIRST. BOSTON IS THE GAY MARRIAGE CAPITAL OF THE USA, BOSTON MAKES SAN FRANCISCO LOOK STRAIGHT HAHAHAHAHAHA. NO WONDER TOM BRADY LIKES IT IN BOSTON, HE CAN MARRY HIS BOYFRIEND LEGALLY THERE HAHAHAHAHAHA, 9 OUT OF 10 VEHICLES WITH MASSIVE2SHITS LICENSE PLATES HAVE RAINBOW STICKERS ON THEIR WINDOWS. THESE PETER GRIFFIN BEAN EATING CLAM CHOWDER......OOPS I MEAN MAN CHOWDER SLURPING "QUEEE YAS" IN BOSTON LOVE TO WATCH FOOTBALL GAMES AT THE THOUSANDS OF GAY BARS IN BOSTON AND CAPE COD, CAPE COD EVEN HAS ITS OWN ALL GAY COMMUNITY, BUT THATS WHAT THESE WEAK LITTLE BOSTON BEANBOYS LOVE, THEY ALSO LOVE WHEN WEAK SISSY BOY TOM BRADY TALKS, HE EPITOMIZES THE GAYNESS OF BOSTON WITH HIS BISEXUAL SOUNDING VOICE, BRINGS ALL OF THE " QUEEE YAAAS" IN MASSIVE2SHITS TOGETHER FOR A ROUND OF ZIMAS IN THEIR GAY "BAAAHHHHH" ON CAPE COD AND BOSTON MASSIVE2SHITS.
WOW!! What a wild hissy fit..you must be a female Baltimore fan? Or just coked? I don't recall Boston being mentioned in this article at all.
Booger for President

Indianapolis, IN

#5 Aug 9, 2007
sounds like the ranting of a 14 year old school girl. I'm trying to find one coherent thought in that entire post, but there's none to be found.

Let's at least wait until the season starts before we begin the Pats bash-fest.....
daRickster

Cincinnati, OH

#6 Aug 9, 2007
Frntrnnr wrote:
The boring pre-season is too long. Two games should be the standard, three games at the most.
Unfortunately it's all about money. Another opportunity to bilk season ticket holders for two meaningless games.
Preseason is exhibition

West Lafayette, IN

#7 Aug 9, 2007
daRickster wrote:
<quoted text>
Unfortunately it's all about money. Another opportunity to bilk season ticket holders for two meaningless games.
Dont buy the tickets then there ace! There is a waiting list to buy them so you wont have to. Geez!
Indy Marine

Fredericksburg, VA

#9 Aug 9, 2007
FINALLY THE PRESEASON! I love watching all the backups, especially Matt Giordano and John Standeford. They are the ones that try the hardest because they got more at stake. LETS GO COLTS!!!
23 years a fan

United States

#10 Aug 9, 2007
Preseason is exhibition wrote:
<quoted text>
Dont buy the tickets then there ace! There is a waiting list to buy them so you wont have to. Geez!
Only one problem with that statement, if you want season tickets, you are forced to buy preseason tickets and then have to resell them every week. And there is generally NOT a waiting list for preseason games unless you take a serious loss on them. Sound fair to you?
Lets go Hoosiers

United States

#11 Aug 9, 2007
This should be a big first test for this defensive unit. Obviously you cant take too much away from it this early on, but it will be interesting to see how the CBs hold up against one of the best WR tandems in the league in TO and TG. Baptism by fire I guess. Also Ugoh vs Demarcus Ware will be a great matchup if they move out of that base 3-4 and put Ware down across Ugoh in a 4-3 set or nickel/dime. That will be a huge test for him.

ARE YOU READY FOR SOME FOOTBALL!!!!
lighten up

Gaffney, SC

#12 Aug 9, 2007
QUOTE who="CHAMPIONAPOLIS COLTS" have always been a Colts fan and have a dream for this year... That is that you will no longer be a fan of the Colts... Let go of the hatred...
What

Mundelein, IL

#13 Aug 9, 2007
CHAMPIONAPOLIS COLTS wrote:
IM SURE THE NO LIFE HAVING BOSTON BEAN EATING BLOWHARDS WHO READ THE INDYSTAR EVERY DAY BECAUSE THEY ARE BEYOND PATHETIC WILL END UP POSTING ON HERE, SO I WILL BE THE FIRST. BOSTON IS THE GAY MARRIAGE CAPITAL OF THE USA, BOSTON MAKES SAN FRANCISCO LOOK STRAIGHT HAHAHAHAHAHA. NO WONDER TOM BRADY LIKES IT IN BOSTON, HE CAN MARRY HIS BOYFRIEND LEGALLY THERE HAHAHAHAHAHA, 9 OUT OF 10 VEHICLES WITH MASSIVE2SHITS LICENSE PLATES HAVE RAINBOW STICKERS ON THEIR WINDOWS. THESE PETER GRIFFIN BEAN EATING CLAM CHOWDER......OOPS I MEAN MAN CHOWDER SLURPING "QUEEE YAS" IN BOSTON LOVE TO WATCH FOOTBALL GAMES AT THE THOUSANDS OF GAY BARS IN BOSTON AND CAPE COD, CAPE COD EVEN HAS ITS OWN ALL GAY COMMUNITY, BUT THATS WHAT THESE WEAK LITTLE BOSTON BEANBOYS LOVE, THEY ALSO LOVE WHEN WEAK SISSY BOY TOM BRADY TALKS, HE EPITOMIZES THE GAYNESS OF BOSTON WITH HIS BISEXUAL SOUNDING VOICE, BRINGS ALL OF THE " QUEEE YAAAS" IN MASSIVE2SHITS TOGETHER FOR A ROUND OF ZIMAS IN THEIR GAY "BAAAHHHHH" ON CAPE COD AND BOSTON MASSIVE2SHITS.
??????
This guy is retarded.
Curt Schilling

Sugar Land, TX

#14 Aug 9, 2007
I love Boston. My bloody sock does too.
COLTS FAN

Pewaukee, WI

#15 Aug 9, 2007
I MISS WATCHING THE FOOTBALL!! THEY SHOULD HAVE FOOTBALL ALL YEAR LONG!!!

I LOVE THE COLTS!!!!!!!!

LET'S GO COLTS, MAKE US PROUD!!!
Scientist in Indy

United States

#16 Aug 9, 2007
The Super Bowl Champs are going to Texas. I LOVE OUR SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONS OF THE WORLD.... GO COLTS
Jim

Tyrone, PA

#17 Aug 9, 2007
Ah, preseason....the time to watch football in a different way.
I have hated paying for those preseason games. When the Colts started here I got season tickets. In about 6 years or so I cancelled those and started buying single game tickets before the season started...all of the regular seasons ones, but no preseason. The Colts were not winning many so that was a good way for me. Remember Manning saying he was ashamed one year when only about 25,000 showed up for a preseason game?
I came back to season tickets when the "nickle back" tickets became available. You could get 5 regular season games. I would add to that single game tickets. Then they started requiring that 1 or 2 of those had to be preseason, so I went back to a full season. Anyway, I am ready to yell and enjoy the season, win or lose.
Preseason? Over my 50 years of following the NFL there is one things that usually stands out in most years. The teams that do very well in preseason often do poorly in the regular season, and vice versa, those that do poorly in the preseason often do very well in the regular season. The Colts have been like that. The good preseason teams are trying hard to develop their first team. The bad record preseason teams have their first time down mostly and have the luxury of testing the wannabees. I don't remember the year....Tampa Bay could not win a game, then one year they went undefeated in the preseason. The Tampa area went crazy. The press was saying they were finally getting there. What did they do that regular season? They won none or only one maybe.
So Colts fans, watch the defense in these preseason games because we will have a new defense to develop. They will play more. Watch how the backup quarterbacks do. They need the experience. Who knows? Manning will get hurt someday, hopefully for only a quarter or so at the most, but he will. These backups will be jockeying for position. It looks like the Colts will probably carry 3 QBs because Jim Sorgi goes to unrestricted free agency at the end of the season. He will want to have a chance to go somewhere where he might be able to play regularly. Will Betts be that third one? How about McGann?
So tonight and the rest of the preseason I will especially be watching those QBs, the left offensive line (replacing Glenn), the linebackers (replacing June), the corners and safeties (replacing almost all of them), the new kickoff and punt returners, and probably for this team, the kickoff special teams...they have to improve. This year, the preseason will be very interesting for me. If this new team has a chance to be a championship one, those spaces must be filled in this preseason. It will be interesting. We don't have to win those preseason games, but we must get a lot of new position players good experience and training. Just find a real team to meet New Orleans.
Go Colts.

Since: Dec 06

Indy by way of MI and MT

#18 Aug 9, 2007
(doing my lame white-boy happy dance)
Football's back, football's back!!!!
Whoo-hoo
Darrin

Fishers, IN

#19 Aug 9, 2007
Sorry to Patriot fans for that strange Championapolis post. As for pre-season this will be very interesting to see who can step up on defense & fill up some of the other holes, like backup running back . Also important or not, i think Tom Brady has proved over & over to be a straight man.
Grendels04

Stockton, NJ

#20 Aug 9, 2007
x-editor wrote:
(doing my lame white-boy happy dance)
Football's back, football's back!!!!
Whoo-hoo
(joining you with the lame white-girl happy dance) Whoooo! Hoooooo!!! Here is comes, here it comes, here it comes -- FOOTBALL!!!!!
liDs

United States

#21 Aug 9, 2007
Indy Marine wrote:
FINALLY THE PRESEASON! I love watching all the backups, especially Matt Giordano and John Standeford. They are the ones that try the hardest because they got more at stake. LETS GO COLTS!!!
I AGREE! its about time it gets here. its been a ruff 7 months with no colts action! GOOOOO COLTS! lets start off good!
50 Year Colts Fan

AOL

#22 Aug 9, 2007
I'm tired of:

1. Knocks on the Pre-Season by the media and the so-called fans that are led around by the EXPERTS! Here's a solution: Raise each regular season game ticket by $10, cut the preseason games by $40 - Colts get the same $$ for the package and the whiners can re-sell for less. Everybody is happy!

2. Complaining about the new stadium and the cost to taxpayers - DON'T eat out (in the eight county area), DON"T stay in hotels (in the eight county area and DON"T ride taxis or liveries. QUITYEBITCHIN' idiots!

I'M not tired of watchin the Clots even in preseason..Are you ready for some football??

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Kelvin Hayden Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Russell Wilson Makes His Mark (Dec '12) Dec '12 Nam Flash Back 3
News Source: Tillman has chipped bone in foot (Nov '12) Nov '12 Laughing Bear Fan 1
News Atlanta Falcons Free Agent Targets: Carlos Rogers (Jan '12) Jan '12 falcons fan 1
News Target practice: the DBs who must stop Manning ... (Feb '10) Feb '10 Russell Arceneaux 1
News Fans, players react to Colts loss (Jan '09) Apr '09 stack em hi 51
News Colts release Marvin Harrison (Apr '09) Apr '09 too bad 2
News Minnesota Vikings gave Cedric Griffin $28.5 mil... (Mar '09) Mar '09 Sage Rosenfails 49