Cutler shows he's no leader

Full story: Newsday

Had this been an April Fool's Day report, I'd have understood. But when word came down late Wednesday night that quarterback Jay Cutler now says he's surprised the Broncos have decided to trade him, and that he didn't want it to come to this, it signaled the latest bizarre development in a drama that has taken on Terrell Owens -like proportions.
Comments
21 - 26 of 26 Comments Last updated Apr 22, 2009
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Jim

Penfield, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 2, 2009

To the NYJ brass: Please leave this one alone...let Daniel Snyder have him...
saLvo

Easton, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 2, 2009

A team's history is often misleading nowadays considering all the personnel changes---from the front office to coaching, etc. But I think about the Jets ignominious history coupled with the fact that they haven't taken a QB above Ken O' Brien's 23rd place in the first round since Richard Todd. Why does this team always think of QB as an afterthought...whether it's getting a retread (O' Donnell, Boomer) or just kindasorta draft one in the latter stages of Round 1 or 2 (Chad, Clemens)?
--
This Cutler thing's an issue. On the one hand, a team doesn't want a character like Cutler. But on the flip side, there's no one there that's better. I think that most fans and Rex sees this QB as either/or: trade for a "franchise" QB or go with some Ainge/Clemens thing in August. I say that they do neither: Get Jeff Garcia, trade up for a chance at Stafford and go from there with a Garcia with Clemens in 2009 and plan for Stafford for beyond.
--
But this is dangerous at Florham Park: Rex Ryan is clearly a defense guy and probably sees a lot more upside to drafting defensive players. He might (might) also think that with his defensive acumen, it won't matter much who's at QB. And that is why they won't even pursue Cutler and that'll he'll wind up in Tampa and we'll be stuck with Clemens/Ainge and some Patrick Ramsey character in the mix.
Richard B

Robstown, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 2, 2009

Nice. Hack writing at its best
TwoDogs

Springfield, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 2, 2009

And the last time the Jets won anything???
Islanderman

Philadelphia, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 15, 2009

They should have made a move for Donovan MacNabb.
Floriduh

Philippines

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 22, 2009

Cutler shows he's no leader, leaves lame Broncos to become one.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Kellen Clemens Discussions

Search the Kellen Clemens Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Former Browns QB Kosar believes he's been fired... Apr '14 Brown Flushdown 1
Rams' Kellen Clemens is wary of 49ers (Dec '13) Dec '13 Fartastic 3
St Louis Rams Pulling Out All Of The Stops (Nov '13) Nov '13 Jpram 1
Percy Harvin ruled out, is it best to wait unti... (Oct '13) Oct '13 Laughing Bear Fan 1
Is Brett Favre coming back to the NFL? (Oct '13) Oct '13 Laughing Bear Fan 3
Report: Rams Called Brett Favre About QB Job (Oct '13) Oct '13 changing times 2
Brady Quinn Reportedly Agrees to Terms with St.... (Oct '13) Oct '13 Tim Teblowjob 3
•••
•••
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••