Cutler shows he's no leader

Full story: Newsday 26
Had this been an April Fool's Day report, I'd have understood. But when word came down late Wednesday night that quarterback Jay Cutler now says he's surprised the Broncos have decided to trade him, and that he didn't want it to come to this, it signaled the latest bizarre development in a drama that has taken on Terrell Owens -like proportions. Full Story
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Bob

Port Saint Lucie, FL

#1 Apr 2, 2009
even if they got cutler the jets will stink. get ready to pay those PSL's
Roidfreak

Boiling Springs, SC

#2 Apr 2, 2009
A brainless fin fan heard from,it took an ex Jet to get em to the playoffs. Go figure.
Islanderman

Philadelphia, PA

#3 Apr 2, 2009
Cutler sounds like a big whiney baby. I say dont get him.
Battfist

Columbus, OH

#4 Apr 2, 2009
They tried to trade him...he deserves to be pissed.
I wouldnt say he is a headcase as much as he is screwing up trying to play the public perception thing...you know-trying to say the right things.
Championship

United States

#5 Apr 2, 2009
I just dont get this. A 25 year old dominant QB and people dont want him. The whole NFL is full of head cases. Who thought Eli and Favre were going to handle the media. They do and did just fine. The Jets havent had a solid QB since Namath. If you cange him without trading Revis then you must do it.
Jack The Cabbie

New York, NY

#6 Apr 2, 2009
The Jets are in need of a quality QB. That is a given. Could Cutler...if he does come here....handle the NY media if he has some bad games? If he couldn't and starts his whining, the media will eat him alive. I can see the back page of any of the dailies saying: Jay Cutler: A Fine Whine!
Don't get this clown. I'd rather have Bozo back there. At least he'd be funny!!
Laser rocket arm

Southold, NY

#7 Apr 2, 2009
No offense to Clemens but how does a guy who has played in 14 games in his entire career tell a (full) 2 year starter what it takes to be a leader on and off the field. Up until now there hasn't been any problems, let alone "TO" issues with this guy.

He's lost 1 game in the past 2 years in which the defense gave up less than 20 points.

So what they want 2 first round draft picks for Cutler, it's not like the Jets have had the best history of #1 picks
rush

United States

#8 Apr 2, 2009
Get rid of the no names, they all stink, Cutler is teh man
JetLover

Lynchburg, VA

#9 Apr 2, 2009
He sure sounds like a headcase to me.
Lou

Ellenwood, GA

#10 Apr 2, 2009
Championship wrote:
I just dont get this. A 25 year old dominant QB and people dont want him. The whole NFL is full of head cases. Who thought Eli and Favre were going to handle the media. They do and did just fine. The Jets havent had a solid QB since Namath. If you cange him without trading Revis then you must do it.
Boy, are you dead on. Can I name a few "flakes" that other teams love, let's see there is Plaxico burris (better when he is not packin') and Terrell Owens, a nice quiet guy that avoids controversy, and that Jones guys that makes strip clubs his second home. do I need to go on? Cutler would do just fine as a Jet!
Bob

Port Saint Lucie, FL

#11 Apr 2, 2009
Roidfreak wrote:
A brainless fin fan heard from,it took an ex Jet to get em to the playoffs. Go figure.
jet fan here you twit. get your hands out of your pants and move out of your fat mother's basement. there are a million nyers down here.
Bob

Port Saint Lucie, FL

#12 Apr 2, 2009
cutler can't hack it in new york. he will go to dc.
Joe Namath

Polk City, FL

#13 Apr 2, 2009
John Elway refused to play for the colts and threatened to become a pitcher if the colts drafted him but he turned out alright. The problem is the clueless Bronco owner and coach who royally screwed this one up. Cutler is back tracking to preserve his image in the eyes of the public. Tom Brady left the mother of his child for a hot model, but that doesn't make him a bad quarterback. Cutler's play last year shows that he has the tools to be a premier starter in the League and this little incident is just a gift to whatever team picks him up.
John

Sterling Heights, MI

#14 Apr 2, 2009
What is it with these idiot sportswriters who are all tight in the pants over Belicheat and every bum who ever wiped his !@#. Anybody who ever played a game of poker could tell that McDaniels is full of it.
Dan

AOL

#15 Apr 2, 2009
He will popular he headlines when he wins Jersey jay does it again.
Dan

AOL

#16 Apr 2, 2009
be popular the headlines
stay positive

Montvale, NJ

#17 Apr 2, 2009
Dan, stop drinking

No way you give up Revis for Cutler

Since: Mar 09

AOL

#18 Apr 2, 2009
Dan- Where you the guy they arrested on that motorized bar stool earlier in the week?
John

Schenectady, NY

#19 Apr 2, 2009
Let me get this straight, some of you WANT Cutler to lead this team? The same guy who said he's better than John Elway? The same guy who throws regular hissy fits on the field? The same guy who demanded to be traded, put his and his mothers house on the market, and then when finding out about an impending trade told reporters he never wanted it to come to this? The same guy that runs twenty yards down the field to yell at his receivers for dropping a pass? AND THEN YELLS AT THEM WHEN HE THROWS AN INTERCEPTION?! THIS is the guy you want leading this team? Well that's typical, I would expect nothing less after everyone was pshyched to have Favre. Has everyone forgot about the implosion last year? Do we need another "me" guy leading this team? I will be sick to my stomach if Tannenbaum makes this mistake. I gurantee if we land Cutler we will not win another superbowl for as long as he's here,,,,,GURANTEE! The guy is a horrible leader at the only position that demands strong leadership. So yes, ofcourse we will get him because we are the J-e-t-s jets jets jets and we are cursed. We deserve Jay Cutler.
Jim

San Antonio, TX

#20 Apr 2, 2009
The Jets need somebody who is Odd because they are horrible since 1969.

If you want the dog-as.Jets then go ahead. I won't watch them untilthey make something happen and he may be the one to wake them up.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Kellen Clemens Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Rivers Leads Chargers To Rout Of Jets Oct '14 Streetfarter 1
Former Browns QB Kosar believes he's been fired... (Apr '14) Apr '14 Brown Flushdown 1
Rams' Kellen Clemens is wary of 49ers (Dec '13) Dec '13 Fartastic 3
St Louis Rams Pulling Out All Of The Stops (Nov '13) Nov '13 Jpram 1
Percy Harvin ruled out, is it best to wait unti... (Oct '13) Oct '13 Laughing Bear Fan 1
Is Brett Favre coming back to the NFL? (Oct '13) Oct '13 Laughing Bear Fan 3
Report: Rams Called Brett Favre About QB Job (Oct '13) Oct '13 changing times 2
More from around the web