Callahan, Brian Schottenheimer first ...

Callahan, Brian Schottenheimer first up for Jets

There are 4 comments on the Newsday story from Jan 2, 2009, titled Callahan, Brian Schottenheimer first up for Jets. In it, Newsday reports that:

The interview process for the hiring of the next coach of the Jets starts today from within, as offensive coordinator Brian Schottenheimer and offensive line/assistant head coach Bill Callahan will try to sell ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

Marty Glickman

Spartanburg, SC

#1 Jan 2, 2009
I am not a Jet fan but Bill Callahan....are the Jets NUTS...this guy is a mush....he can turn gold into $ hit touching it..........Shanahan, another mistake....he like Favre shot his wad and is coming off a longtime relationship....his heart is in Denver like Favre's is in GB..........Poppa Shott would be the lesser of to evils if you pick any Shott ...... Spags would be a excellent choice but I hate the Giants to lose him to their PSL raping partners.......Just some thoughts
Marty Glickman

Spartanburg, SC

#2 Jan 2, 2009
BTW....Rex Ryan would be an excellent choice because he is a 3-4 dee guy.....Spags runs a 4-3 and after the Jets just brought in the personnel to run the 3-4 it would be another major re-fitting of the team....
TnJetsFan

Kingsport, TN

#3 Jan 2, 2009
Just because Schottenheimer had Favre 'thrust' upon him is no excuse for his not making the right adjustments to Favre's game. It was obvious Schotty had no clue how to establish an offensive identity for his team and has no right to even be interviwed by Mr. Johnson. If Johnson wants to see a mass exodus of fans go ahead and give the job to Schotty, who most fans revile almost as much as they did Mangini. Better yet how about interviwing Bob Sutton???
funnyman

Fairfield, CT

#4 Jan 2, 2009
Callahan?..Im no fan of the Jets, but why have him in when he couldnt even win at Nebraska? I remember when Pete Carroll was a Jet coach and let him go for what? Would have to go after a coach who likes running the 3-4 ( even thou I hate the 3-4) but bring in someone who can juice up the offense because to be truthful, that offense was vanilla. The o-line is in tact, but you need some good productive players into what offense they want to bring in. Good Luck finding a coach, because there arent too many of them out there anymore.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Kellen Clemens Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Rivers Leads Chargers To Rout Of Jets (Oct '14) Oct '14 Streetfarter 1
News Former Browns QB Kosar believes he's been fired... (Apr '14) Apr '14 Brown Flushdown 1
News Rams' Kellen Clemens is wary of 49ers (Dec '13) Dec '13 Fartastic 3
News St Louis Rams Pulling Out All Of The Stops (Nov '13) Nov '13 Jpram 1
News Percy Harvin ruled out, is it best to wait unti... (Oct '13) Oct '13 Laughing Bear Fan 1
News Is Brett Favre coming back to the NFL? (Oct '13) Oct '13 Laughing Bear Fan 3
News Report: Rams Called Brett Favre About QB Job (Oct '13) Oct '13 changing times 2
More from around the web