Signs suggest Jets looking to draft q...

Signs suggest Jets looking to draft quarterback

There are 8 comments on the Newsday story from Apr 21, 2009, titled Signs suggest Jets looking to draft quarterback. In it, Newsday reports that:

Rex Ryan and Mike Tannenbaum sure sound sincere. So far this offseason the Jets ' coach and general manager have consistently supported the quarterbacks - Kellen Clemens , Brett Ratliff and Erik Ainge - on the roster and did so again last week during the voluntary minicamp.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

“ALTERNATIVE NATION”

Since: Jun 08

United States

#1 Apr 21, 2009
Our #1 and Thomas Jones to KC for their #1 and Larry Jones. With Leon and Woodhead, they can be aggressive. Then draft Sanchez!!!!!!!!!
IRA

United States

#2 Apr 22, 2009
Can't see Sanchez getting past the Skins. Synder will trade up to #3 and draft him.
charleyjet

United States

#3 Apr 22, 2009
Thanks for the input Herm.
DannyBoy

Washington, DC

#4 Apr 22, 2009
Honestly, I don't see what the fuss is about over Sanchez. He's a poor man's Matt Leinart, and Leinart stinks. Sanchez never impressed me in college and I don't see him as a great pro. The only reason we're discussing him at all is that this is a bad year for QBs. We have other needs (WR, TE, NT) that can better addressed with that first pick.
venom

Albany, NY

#5 Apr 22, 2009
DannyBoy wrote:
Honestly, I don't see what the fuss is about over Sanchez. He's a poor man's Matt Leinart, and Leinart stinks. Sanchez never impressed me in college and I don't see him as a great pro. The only reason we're discussing him at all is that this is a bad year for QBs. We have other needs (WR, TE, NT) that can better addressed with that first pick.
agreed, those USC QB's that played in college with half the team future NFL players, have NOT been showing anything in the NFL
fatso

Corona, NY

#6 Apr 22, 2009
Draft Sanchez
Get Brett back for another year
Trade Clemmons for a #3
jetset

Burbank, CA

#7 Apr 22, 2009
We can't win now with one of these "top" QB's in this year's draft. Draft a DE/LB with the first pick, trade up for a receiver, package TJ and a later pick to move up for Donald Brown!
Paul Milliken

Lehigh Acres, FL

#8 Apr 22, 2009
Sometimes I think that the Jets draft a position player that they really shouldn't draft at all just to draft somebody. After all they drafted Clemens as their future QB and now that the future is here they are still looking elsewhere. Just like last years first round draftpick Goldstin who so far is another bust and if possible they should try and unload him for a pick hopefully two. And if it's that obvious that they need a wide receiver then go get the best available even if that is a veteran player. And with all of the negative talk about freeman then why draft him or any other QB that won't make the team any better. And if jones doesn't want to play out his contract then get rid of his ass. He finally has one good year because the entire offensive line made all pro no doubt but what did he do the previous two years to deserve a new contract. I would also try and unload him for some picks and then get a good back in the draft.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Kellen Clemens Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Rivers Leads Chargers To Rout Of Jets (Oct '14) Oct '14 Streetfarter 1
News Former Browns QB Kosar believes he's been fired... (Apr '14) Apr '14 Brown Flushdown 1
News Rams' Kellen Clemens is wary of 49ers (Dec '13) Dec '13 Fartastic 3
News St Louis Rams Pulling Out All Of The Stops (Nov '13) Nov '13 Jpram 1
News Percy Harvin ruled out, is it best to wait unti... (Oct '13) Oct '13 Laughing Bear Fan 1
News Is Brett Favre coming back to the NFL? (Oct '13) Oct '13 Laughing Bear Fan 3
News Report: Rams Called Brett Favre About QB Job (Oct '13) Oct '13 changing times 2
More from around the web