Glauber: Rex, forget Favre and check ...

Glauber: Rex, forget Favre and check out options

There are 34 comments on the Newsday story from Jan 21, 2009, titled Glauber: Rex, forget Favre and check out options. In it, Newsday reports that:

Rex Ryan will be officially introduced today as the Jets ' coach, and it won't be long before reporters grill him on the biggest issue he faces: What to do with Brett Favre ? The 39-year-old quarterback ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Phil

Pewaukee, WI

#23 Jan 21, 2009
Of all your options, Favre managing a game vs. trying to be the young gunslinger of his youth, seems far more viable than trading for a current pro. Keeping Favre does not rule out drafting Sanchez, and if Favre fails, take a baptism by fire approach with Sanchez.
Jets Fan

Three Rivers, MI

#24 Jan 21, 2009
Enough of putting the blame on Favre for the Jets downfall. Kellen Clemens or Brett Ratliff? Yea they will fail miserably. Drafting a quarterback is out of the question. Let Favre finish what he started in New York, if you are going to say Favre made the Jets worse your crazy.
J E T S jets jets jets

Miami, FL

#25 Jan 21, 2009
Jets Fan wrote:
Enough of putting the blame on Favre for the Jets downfall. Kellen Clemens or Brett Ratliff? Yea they will fail miserably. Drafting a quarterback is out of the question. Let Favre finish what he started in New York, if you are going to say Favre made the Jets worse your crazy.
I'll blame Mangini before Favre for the downfall of last season.
jets

Hoboken, NJ

#26 Jan 21, 2009
J E T S jets jets jets wrote:
<quoted text> I'll blame Mangini before Favre for the downfall of last season.
i wouldnt blame mangini all the way on offense since shotenhimer does all of the play calling.
superbowl3

Lexington, KY

#27 Jan 21, 2009
I totally agree and hope you'll keep on raising this issue till resolved. Farve is more then over, he's toast. It's shocking that Farve supporters in NY pretend he's in his 20s and can play a whole season. He'll be 40 this year, looks it on the field and does't want to train or do the hard work that Green Bay let him skate on before offering him $20M to move aside and stay OFF THE FIELD! Besides costing us a 3rd round draft choice Woody & Tan are willing to blow $13M of this years salary cap on this has been. But what's really annoying is this turkey's lack of desire to win. His pre-game pep talk before losing to Miami is classic loser. "It doesn't matter if we win..." If this guy was a general in WWII, we'd all be speaking German. He doesn't even realize he's blowing his reputation as a class act and winner with his prima donna "I don't know if I want to play" act. He used to be good, but now he's just an aging loser. What a shame.
superbowl3

Lexington, KY

#28 Jan 21, 2009
I missed some of today's Jet coverage but as told Tanny said Farve can mske his decision anytime, even June and that he did it this year with no problem. If that's true, FIRE TANNENBAUM! He doesn't know football, the locker room problems Farve blowing off OTAs will create or even salary cap management since Farve will cost us $13M. How many talented Free Agents will we miss because of Farve's negative cap impact? How will this blow the draft for us? And lastly, did Mr. T see Farve's atrocious collapse (2TDs, 9INTs) down the stretch that cost us the playoffs? Is anybody home in Jet management?
Matt E

Syracuse, NY

#29 Jan 21, 2009
Read today's Baltimore Sun article about Ravens free agent safety Jim Leonhard. He impressed his teammates and his d-coordinator, now the HC of the NYJ. I don't know the contract status of Elam and E. Smith, but Leonhard could be a Jet next season. I wasn't impressed when Leonhard was a Bill, but it shows that Ryan got the most out of him. Hopefully Ryan can maximize Gholston's potential.
Frankie the yankee

Gladys, VA

#30 Jan 21, 2009
I think we have been here before . Jet fans I mean,when is this madness going to end ! Its the same story every year.Hope this or that works.Is G Bush running the teem?
kelley

AOL

#31 Jan 22, 2009
superbowl3 wrote:
I totally agree and hope you'll keep on raising this issue till resolved. Farve is more then over, he's toast. It's shocking that Farve supporters in NY pretend he's in his 20s and can play a whole season. He'll be 40 this year, looks it on the field and does't want to train or do the hard work that Green Bay let him skate on before offering him $20M to move aside and stay OFF THE FIELD! Besides costing us a 3rd round draft choice Woody & Tan are willing to blow $13M of this years salary cap on this has been. But what's really annoying is this turkey's lack of desire to win. His pre-game pep talk before losing to Miami is classic loser. "It doesn't matter if we win..." If this guy was a general in WWII, we'd all be speaking German. He doesn't even realize he's blowing his reputation as a class act and winner with his prima donna "I don't know if I want to play" act. He used to be good, but now he's just an aging loser. What a shame.
aging loser or not, he is the jets best option.
what did favre do to you run over your dog or
something. why do you continue to bash him, he is
the jets qb, just like pennington was.
he will not be here as long as pennington was, so
i don't see why you continue to bash him.
if he comes back, the pressure on him is going to
greater than in 2008, he will not only be expected
to make the playoffs, probably he has to go to the
superbowl,and redemn himself to the fans.
if he comes back, give the guy a break.
Bob Vopat

Winter Garden, FL

#32 Jan 22, 2009
If they are forced to take Favre back and keep in mind the penalties involved if they release him. He should be on a very short leash if he comes back.We will never be a winner if we don't develop a QB long term. Im a Jet fan since 65 and truly believe we have some dumb people over these many years making decisions
Rob

New York, NY

#33 Jan 22, 2009
Please Bob, you're a writer and not a very good one so shut the f up.
schultz

Milwaukee, WI

#34 Jan 23, 2009
God save us from these guys who think they know about football but have never set foot on a field.
schultz

Milwaukee, WI

#35 Jan 23, 2009
Everyone wants to know why this guy is such a Favre hater. Listen...take a look at the guys who are Favre haters. They are all of the same ilk and it's soooo obvious that they are jealous. I would like to know how they manage to keep their jobs because this guy writes like a complete moron.
Frankie

San Jose, CA

#36 Jan 23, 2009
Rex Ryan and Woody Johnson should tell Favre we
want to meet with you within the next 10 days
and end this stu.pid drama.
So make up your mind already. Favre has already had over one month since his last game so what is his problem now with telling the Jets he does or does not want to come back? Good Riddance to him!!! Most Jets fans do NOT want him back. He should have the decency to make a decision and not drag this out any longer. Favre is probably laughing right now about all the drama he is creating by not making an announcement yet. The smart thing would be for Favre to say he wants to come back and then trade him and get the draft choice they lost for getting him while also saving 13 million they would have to pay him.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Kellen Clemens Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Rivers Leads Chargers To Rout Of Jets (Oct '14) Oct '14 Streetfarter 1
News Former Browns QB Kosar believes he's been fired... (Apr '14) Apr '14 Brown Flushdown 1
News Rams' Kellen Clemens is wary of 49ers (Dec '13) Dec '13 Fartastic 3
News St Louis Rams Pulling Out All Of The Stops (Nov '13) Nov '13 Jpram 1
News Percy Harvin ruled out, is it best to wait unti... (Oct '13) Oct '13 Laughing Bear Fan 1
News Is Brett Favre coming back to the NFL? (Oct '13) Oct '13 Laughing Bear Fan 3
News Report: Rams Called Brett Favre About QB Job (Oct '13) Oct '13 changing times 2
More from around the web