Showdown with Jets no surprise to Pen...

Showdown with Jets no surprise to Pennington

There are 15 comments on the Newsday story from Dec 26, 2008, titled Showdown with Jets no surprise to Pennington. In it, Newsday reports that:

Although Sunday's scenario seems surreal to those on the periphery, that isn't the case for the player who will be the focal point for two fan bases.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

LetsPlay2

New York, NY

#1 Dec 26, 2008
Good for Pennington. This guy was always a class act who left it all on the field. Even though few of us were sorry to see him go when Favre came aboard, we never doubted his effort despite some terrible injuries over the years - injuries sustained while trying to turn around this hapless franchise. So now, all of those qualities are benefitting the previously hapless Dolphins on whom the football gods are now smiling. For the Jets, as usual, no one is smiling. Dolphins 31, Jets 20.
Tinker

Brooklyn, NY

#2 Dec 26, 2008
Big time Jets fan here. If the Jets loose Sunday, my hat's off to Chad. The Jets have no one to blame but themselves.

Jerks.
Jet Fan in SC

Waynesville, NC

#3 Dec 26, 2008
I wish Chad the best.As LetsPlay2 said he left it all on the field every game. A bad OL lead to all his injuries, and to Favre's shoulder this season. Whatever happens Sunday, Chad can hold his head high knowing he proved all his critics wrong.
Hooohohoho

Melville, NY

#4 Dec 26, 2008
Go Chad!!! i've been a jets fan ti'l the day the jets got favre.
Jack The Cabbie

New York, NY

#5 Dec 26, 2008
This could be right out of a movie. Football team gets Hall of Fame QB, dumps the existing one. He goes to a division rival and nearly beats former team in first game of the season. Now former QB can not only beat his former team, but knock them out of the playoffs. As much as I hate to admit this, Chad will beat Favre Sunday, and it won't be pretty.
FIRE ERIC the ROBOT

Jersey City, NJ

#6 Dec 26, 2008
in hollywood, the only ending can be that the JETS lose to CHAD & MIA.

in JETS world, its not the same ending. here's why:

if the jets lose, ERIC the ROBOT is out and we may get a real coach (I said "may"). if they win, but don't make the playoffs (most likely scenario), they win give ERIC the ROBOT another year to continue ruining the careers of 7 pro-bowlers and the lives every JETS fan.

here's my guess: either JETS win and so do both BALT and NE -OR- BALT or NE lose and we also lose to MIA

either way, its all more misery

AAAGHHHHHHH !!!!

SO FRUSTRATING to be a long suffering JETS fan

MERRY CHRISTMAS
hatchet

Saint Louis, MO

#7 Dec 26, 2008
Naw man Jets win. Farve has been under this kind of pressure countless times before. How about Chad? This is probably the biggest game of his career. It will be a great game.
Green Machine

Miami, FL

#8 Dec 26, 2008
hatchet wrote:
Naw man Jets win. Farve has been under this kind of pressure countless times before.
...and usually chucks an interception with 4 minutes to go.
Jim

Madison, WI

#9 Dec 26, 2008
Look...Penn wouldn't be having this kind of year with the Jets, the Jets & their fans wouldn't allow it to happen...even Penn basically said as much, the negative energy makes you question yourself no matter how good you are & that reflects in your play...Favre is seeing that too, when he isn't on his back.

Every Jets fan needs the Dog Whisperer guy to come up, jab them in the side of the neck with one of his "sssh" deals until they get rid of their negative "poor me" energy and start acting like fans that support their team & its players vs. fans that just want something but are unwilling to give anything in return until they get it.
Hyman Seltzer

Saint Petersburg, FL

#10 Dec 26, 2008
It all depends on what Hank Goldberg thinks.
Ur notsosmart

Bangkok, Thailand

#11 Dec 26, 2008
Dolphins by 20
bestjets

New York, NY

#12 Dec 26, 2008
ebo
time for you to step up and write something to inspire the jet team and fans going into miami game lots of negativity and it comes from a lot of negative sports writers time for you now
unless you truly believe in the other team like your compatriots
John

East Quogue, NY

#13 Dec 26, 2008
Who knows? If he was still on the Jets and they didn't have Favre, he might have been sitting on the bench watching Kellen Clemans play.
John

East Quogue, NY

#14 Dec 26, 2008
...and in the Jets' defense, Pennington usually would be injured by this time of the season. The fact that he stayed healthy all year if the real surprise.
Ur notsosmart

Bangkok, Thailand

#15 Dec 29, 2008
Jets lost,I told you so!!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Kellen Clemens Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News BC-FBN--Chargers-Rivers Injured,1st Ld-Writethru Nov '17 braddybonersfarts 2
News Rivers Leads Chargers To Rout Of Jets (Oct '14) Oct '14 Streetfarter 1
News Former Browns QB Kosar believes he's been fired... (Apr '14) Apr '14 Brown Flushdown 1
News Rams' Kellen Clemens is wary of 49ers (Dec '13) Dec '13 Fartastic 3
News St Louis Rams Pulling Out All Of The Stops (Nov '13) Nov '13 Jpram 1
News Percy Harvin ruled out, is it best to wait unti... (Oct '13) Oct '13 Laughing Bear Fan 1
News Is Brett Favre coming back to the NFL? (Oct '13) Oct '13 Laughing Bear Fan 3
More from around the web