Jets trade up, take Southern Cal QB Mark Sanchez

Full story: Newsday 24
In a move that had been rumored but was still no less stunning or bold, the Jets traded with the Cleveland Browns for this year's fifth overall pick in Saturday afternoon's draft and selected USC quarterback Mark Sanchez. Full Story
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Dan in RI

Westerly, RI

#1 Apr 25, 2009
We don't have a great record in selecting quarterbacks--Chad Pennington is the best one we've chosen since Joe Namath...how pathetic is that? Will Sanchez break that tradition of futility? Good lord, I hope so. I would have preferred holding onto the picks & taking a receiver, a DE, or an offensive lineman. But now that it is done, I hope Sanchez turns out to be this year's Matt Ryan or Joe Flacco.
albewolf

Brooklyn, NY

#2 Apr 25, 2009
When you see your franchise QB, you take him. Best player on the board, our team is set for YEARS at the most important position. What, Jets Fans?? Will this still our beating hearts?? Can we operate with hope as opposed to a wing and a prayer??
I was so perturbed by fans ranting about 'a running game and a good defense is all we need..." Get real! We got SANCHEZ!!!
jeford6256

Mebane, NC

#3 Apr 25, 2009
once again the Browns prove they don't have a clue!
Justin

Bronx, NY

#5 Apr 25, 2009
Hopefully, they can get a decent WR and maybe, just maybe a decent DE. Lord knows they need someone that can put pressure on the other teams QB. Time will tell. I think drafting a possible fanchise QB is always the best move if you do not have one already. We'll see what happens. Remember, this is the Jets we are talking about.
Donald Rizzi

Hillsdale, NJ

#6 Apr 25, 2009
He's 5 feet tall and will be buried in the NFL.
Jewy Jewman

Torrington, CT

#7 Apr 25, 2009
they had a chance to get a franchise QB...one who is already established and was a no brainer in Jay Cutler...they chose not to trade for him, and now they have a maybe on their hands that is going to get 30 million in guarantees before he takes an NFL snap. the jets have a fairly young team, they could have traded away their draft picks for the next 5 yrs and been ok with Cutler. they boned up not getting him.
Wingding Wiesenheimer

Hillsdale, NJ

#8 Apr 25, 2009
Jets boned it. BONED IT.

Thank You.
Omar

Bronx, NY

#9 Apr 25, 2009
Can Erik Boland read? Directly from the University of Southern California (never Cal) media guide:

"Note to the media: In editorial references to athletic teams of the University of Southern California, the following are preferred: USC, Southern California, So. California, Troy and Trojans for men’s or women’s teams, and Women of Troy for women’s teams. PLEASE do not use Southern Cal (it’s like calling San Francisco “Frisco” or North Carolina “North Car.”

http://graphics.fansonly.com/photos/schools/u...

“Go BRUINS ”

Since: Jan 09

Manhattan Beach CA

#10 Apr 25, 2009
Donald Rizzi wrote:
is he THAT tall? Can you say waterboy?
wow

Patchogue, NY

#13 Apr 25, 2009
Hes 6'2" 227...
Donald Rizzi wrote:
LIAM

Clermont, FL

#15 Apr 25, 2009
Gutsy move by the Jets, gotta like it!
Independent

Budd Lake, NJ

#16 Apr 25, 2009
New faces at the Jets draft board but same old decisions... it's going to be another long and miserable season.
Wide Receivers is what we needed... what good does it do to have someone who can throw a football if the ones who have to catch it are sub-par?
And these jokers throw in the pick in the second round, too...
jim

Brewster, NY

#17 Apr 25, 2009
the jets should never have given up the second round pick.the pats have the right idea by trading down into the second round where the true value is.the jets need so much --- wr,te,and de and we had to sit there and watch them build there team--just because our owner wants a star qb- to sell psl's.
Dan Marino

United States

#18 Apr 25, 2009
Pretty bad when Cleveland rips you off so bad.
Ronkonkoma Rag Fan

Glen Head, NY

#20 Apr 25, 2009
jim wrote:
the jets should never have given up the second round pick.the pats have the right idea by trading down into the second round where the true value is.the jets need so much --- wr,te,and de and we had to sit there and watch them build there team--just because our owner wants a star qb- to sell psl's.
Whats the point of having recievers when there is no one there to THROW to them? You see a franchise Q you take him, that is the hardest thing to fill. You can always trade for WRs.
True Grit

Jersey City, NJ

#21 Apr 25, 2009
Hey he's latin. Los Jets anyone?

He better be everything they say he is or Rex is in for a long year and short tenure as Jets Head Coach.

And as far as the media guide - Even people in Southern Cal call it Southern Call. Get over it.
This is NY

Farmingdale, NY

#23 Apr 25, 2009
Omar wrote:
Can Erik Boland read? Directly from the University of Southern California (never Cal) media guide:
"Note to the media: In editorial references to athletic teams of the University of Southern California, the following are preferred: USC, Southern California, So. California, Troy and Trojans for men’s or women’s teams, and Women of Troy for women’s teams. PLEASE do not use Southern Cal (it’s like calling San Francisco “Frisco” or North Carolina “North Car.”
http://graphics.fansonly.com/photos/schools/u...
Who cares get a life!
Problem

Brooklyn, NY

#24 Apr 26, 2009
Good thing the Jets moved off Long Island because Sanchez would have been targeted by the local rednecks.
JET FAN

United States

#25 Apr 26, 2009
Donald Rizzi wrote:
Who pat white?
Hey you losers kept asking,"who's your quarterback?"
Well we got a damn good one that i watched take apart teams in college.
Couldn't be happier we're loaded for bear this year.
The JETS are on the way to Miami, Baby! Get used to gettin your butt kicked. Pat white? LMFAO
JET FAN

United States

#26 Apr 26, 2009
True Grit wrote:
Hey he's latin. Los Jets anyone?
He better be everything they say he is or Rex is in for a long year and short tenure as Jets Head Coach.
And as far as the media guide - Even people in Southern Cal call it Southern Call. Get over it.
You sound like another loser, he's latin? comeon? how about tony gonzalez,anthony munoz,pete garcia. It's ignorant awfulin fans who say ignorant bullsheet! How's Beck,satelle and Ginn doin?
If i were you i would be worried about your own stinkin draft. With a cornerback with a couple a screws loose a midget QB and another corner that was a wide receiver. You losers still don't have a receiver do ya? or a pass rusher! LMFOA it's like chickens barkin at fox in a chicken coup! Too funny you losers are!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Kellen Clemens Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Rivers Leads Chargers To Rout Of Jets Oct 6 Streetfarter 1
Former Browns QB Kosar believes he's been fired... (Apr '14) Apr '14 Brown Flushdown 1
Rams' Kellen Clemens is wary of 49ers (Dec '13) Dec '13 Fartastic 3
St Louis Rams Pulling Out All Of The Stops (Nov '13) Nov '13 Jpram 1
Percy Harvin ruled out, is it best to wait unti... (Oct '13) Oct '13 Laughing Bear Fan 1
Is Brett Favre coming back to the NFL? (Oct '13) Oct '13 Laughing Bear Fan 3
Report: Rams Called Brett Favre About QB Job (Oct '13) Oct '13 changing times 2

Kellen Clemens People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE