Broncos announce they'll trade unhapp...

Broncos announce they'll trade unhappy QB Cutler

There are 74 comments on the Newsday story from Mar 31, 2009, titled Broncos announce they'll trade unhappy QB Cutler. In it, Newsday reports that:

In a move that ultimately could have a huge impact on the Jets , the Broncos announced last night that they have decided to trade quarterback Jay Cutler.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

First Prev
of 4
Next Last
john

East Quogue, NY

#1 Apr 1, 2009
Keep in mind, Jets fans, the reason Denver wants to get rid of Cutler is because he sucks. Let's not do a Brett Favre all over again.
grow your own

South Ozone Park, NY

#3 Apr 1, 2009
Apparently the players don't even want him, why should we?
Work on Ratliff instead.
craig

Virginia Beach, VA

#4 Apr 1, 2009
Get this guy at all cost. The reason why that stupid coach wanted to trade him is because he wants the Broncos to be New England west.

There is no one in the draft that the Jets can get that will even compare to Cutler. This is a one time chance to get a star QB whom by the way, the have never had.
Noodleroni

Mineola, NY

#5 Apr 1, 2009
john wrote:
Keep in mind, Jets fans, the reason Denver wants to get rid of Cutler is because he sucks. Let's not do a Brett Favre all over again.
Why dies he suck? Have you ever watched him play? Granted, his record is under 500, but that is solely because the Bronco Defense is a horror show. He would have the strongest arm in Jet history since Richard Todd if he came here. Brett Farve was a huge mistake..he was 40 years old with a damaged arm..Cutler is 25.

Don't make your argument in public...People will laugh at you!
Noodleroni

Mineola, NY

#6 Apr 1, 2009
grow your own wrote:
Apparently the players don't even want him, why should we?
Work on Ratliff instead.
Ratliff is unproven, other than a few td passes to Clowney in 4th quarter preseason mop up duty. Do you actually watch the games?
Noodleroni

Mineola, NY

#7 Apr 1, 2009
craig wrote:
Get this guy at all cost. The reason why that stupid coach wanted to trade him is because he wants the Broncos to be New England west.
There is no one in the draft that the Jets can get that will even compare to Cutler. This is a one time chance to get a star QB whom by the way, the have never had.
Finally a voice of intelligence. The Jets are going Wide Receiver with their first pick..NO DOUBT. Right now, we have no QB and no receiver to throw to. Get Cutler, then draft 2 WR's. Its not that hard!

“Down in the Bayou”

Since: Apr 08

Vancleave Mississippi

#8 Apr 1, 2009
who would want that crybaby on their team?...he is mentally weak..not a winner

“Down in the Bayou”

Since: Apr 08

Vancleave Mississippi

#9 Apr 1, 2009
oops..wait a minute..he does sound like a typical new yorker and jets fan..hahahahah
craig

Virginia Beach, VA

#10 Apr 1, 2009
Noodleroni wrote:
<quoted text>
Finally a voice of intelligence. The Jets are going Wide Receiver with their first pick..NO DOUBT. Right now, we have no QB and no receiver to throw to. Get Cutler, then draft 2 WR's. Its not that hard!
The Jets need to build for the future. They are not a superbowl team even with Cutler but he he would be a building block. Who was the last superstar the Jets drafted anyway?
charleyjet

Middlebury, CT

#11 Apr 1, 2009
The pursuit of another diva quarterback threw the Jets off course last season. Don't repeat the mistake.
NYStateOfMind

New York, NY

#12 Apr 1, 2009
Noodleroni wrote:
<quoted text>
Finally a voice of intelligence. The Jets are going Wide Receiver with their first pick..NO DOUBT. Right now, we have no QB and no receiver to throw to. Get Cutler, then draft 2 WR's. Its not that hard!
The cost may be too prohibitive. What I've read out of Denver is a minimum of two 1st round picks will start the conversation of a trade...

It wouldn't surprise me if Cutler is traded for Brady Quinn plus another 1st day draft choice...
Noodleroni

Mineola, NY

#13 Apr 1, 2009
craig wrote:
<quoted text>The Jets need to build for the future. They are not a superbowl team even with Cutler but he he would be a building block. Who was the last superstar the Jets drafted anyway?
LOL, um Kyle Brady? Blair Thomas? Marvin Jones? How bout more recently with Nugent? Face it, the Jets don't know how to draft, and can not build for the future. We have been building for the future since I was a fan in the 70's...look we it got us.
Jack The Cabbie

New York, NY

#14 Apr 1, 2009
Hmmm. This is a toughie. Getting Cutler is certainly an improvement, but if he doesn't do well here, how will he handle the NY media? I am sure the Denver area doesn't have the media barrage NY has. He certainly will be better than Favre. However, I for one would like to see Ratliff, but as someone said he is unproven, but I still think he has more potential than Clemens who started some regular season games, albeit a horrible O line, but was still horrible. Oh to be a Jet fan.
Noodleroni

Mineola, NY

#15 Apr 1, 2009
NYStateOfMind wrote:
<quoted text>
The cost may be too prohibitive. What I've read out of Denver is a minimum of two 1st round picks will start the conversation of a trade...
It wouldn't surprise me if Cutler is traded for Brady Quinn plus another 1st day draft choice...
Brady Quinn has done nothing with the limited play time he has had. He is starting to look like Matt Leinart, who Arizona has given up on, even before the second rising of Kurt Warner. I think out of the teams in the running, the Jets have the best chance. If it does take 2 first rounders, one this year, and one next year, I say do it.
U r not so smart

Bangkok, Thailand

#16 Apr 1, 2009
He will go to a team that can and wants to win.NY sucks he will not go there.
Bob

Brooklyn, MI

#17 Apr 1, 2009
lions should trade their #1 overall for cutler.
NYStateOfMind

New York, NY

#18 Apr 1, 2009
Noodleroni wrote:
<quoted text>
Brady Quinn has done nothing with the limited play time he has had. He is starting to look like Matt Leinart, who Arizona has given up on, even before the second rising of Kurt Warner. I think out of the teams in the running, the Jets have the best chance. If it does take 2 first rounders, one this year, and one next year, I say do it.
Look at Cutler's numbers outside of the AFC West. Inconsistent at best, especially against teams over .500.

I only say Brady Quinn due to the offensive system McDaniels runs, created by Charlie Weis. I don't advocate trading two #1's for that kind of production. Besides, other teams have players plus draft picks that may be more palatable to the Broncos...
Word

United States

#19 Apr 1, 2009
Not sure about Cutler, but I am sure Clemens is not the answer.
John

Schenectady, NY

#20 Apr 1, 2009
Oh man I hope the Jets get this crybaby. I would love to see him implode under the pressure and scrutiny of playing in NY. This would be another terrible move by Tannenbaum but typical. Looks good on paper so it should work out in his mind. He won't even consider the fact that they guy is a horrible leader and a "me first" player. If he was upset at even the thought of a little competition from Cassell and is acting like a spoiled brat because of it, how is he going to handle the intense NY media and fans who are constantly questioning they're players? This is a disaster waiting to happen. From another AFC east fan, please sign Jay Cutler.
Noodleroni

Mineola, NY

#21 Apr 1, 2009
U r not so smart wrote:
He will go to a team that can and wants to win.NY sucks he will not go there.
It's not like he is a free agent, genius. The broncos have him under contract, and can trade him anywhere. DUH!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Kellen Clemens Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News BC-FBN--Chargers-Rivers Injured,1st Ld-Writethru Nov '17 braddybonersfarts 2
News Rivers Leads Chargers To Rout Of Jets (Oct '14) Oct '14 Streetfarter 1
News Former Browns QB Kosar believes he's been fired... (Apr '14) Apr '14 Brown Flushdown 1
News Rams' Kellen Clemens is wary of 49ers (Dec '13) Dec '13 Fartastic 3
News St Louis Rams Pulling Out All Of The Stops (Nov '13) Nov '13 Jpram 1
News Percy Harvin ruled out, is it best to wait unti... (Oct '13) Oct '13 Laughing Bear Fan 1
News Is Brett Favre coming back to the NFL? (Oct '13) Oct '13 Laughing Bear Fan 3
More from around the web