Brett Favre will retire from Jets

Brett Favre will retire from Jets

There are 489 comments on the Orlando Sentinel story from Feb 11, 2009, titled Brett Favre will retire from Jets. In it, Orlando Sentinel reports that:

Jets quarterback Brett Favre, who has told his agent he plans to retire, walks off the field during a game against the Dolphins last season.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Orlando Sentinel.

First Prev
of 25
Next Last
Oh Brett

Deltona, FL

#1 Feb 11, 2009
He'll be back in 3 weeks with the Lions!
GangGreen

Miami, FL

#2 Feb 11, 2009
Thanks for the memories Brett. You're the best QB ever. Enjoy your retirement.
thankful

West Palm Beach, FL

#4 Feb 11, 2009
ROTFL ... That's freakin awesome.

Favre run outta town by the NY media and their fans after a predictably awful season.

The stinkin CropDUSTERS sold out for him and all the other primodonnas on their roster and got nothing in return. And now have NO QB.

This just keeps getting better and better.

Bwwwaaaahahahahahahahahahahaha ha!!!!
cfb62

Jupiter, FL

#5 Feb 11, 2009
He's got to be regretting that he didn't opt to go out in style, and instead is going out as "that wishy washy girly QB"... but I still wish him the best.
jim

Spartanburg, SC

#6 Feb 11, 2009
Farve is the biggest drama queen in the NFL.If he watched Titanic 30 times he would cry 90 times.

“Share the Road.”

Since: Jul 08

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#7 Feb 11, 2009
cfb62 wrote:
He's got to be regretting that he didn't opt to go out in style, and instead is going out as "that wishy washy girly QB"... but I still wish him the best.
Yep, one of the greatest QB's ever, but he should have retired last year. The best thing about Brett is when he won the Super Bowl and NFL MVP; he was addicted to pain killers all year!
Fute Bawl

Pompano Beach, FL

#8 Feb 11, 2009
thankful wrote:
ROTFL ... That's freakin awesome.
Favre run outta town by the NY media and their fans after a predictably awful season.
The stinkin CropDUSTERS sold out for him and all the other primodonnas on their roster and got nothing in return. And now have NO QB.
This just keeps getting better and better.
Bwwwaaaahahahahahahahahahahaha ha!!!!
This seems to hold entertainment value for you. If you had a least a high school education, perhaps you'd find it sports news and nothing more. He's retiring, BUT.........if it raises your standing in life by calling it "run out of town," by all means, knock yourself out. The fact that you find this sooooo important indicates a rather small mind.

“Life is for Living...”

Since: Nov 08

Orlando

#9 Feb 11, 2009
Oh Brett wrote:
He'll be back in 3 weeks with the Lions!
Nah, the Vikings.
Drew

Hollywood, FL

#10 Feb 11, 2009
As it stands now bret favres last play has him getting destroyed by a dolphins player on the desperation lateral
Horrafle

Monroe, NC

#11 Feb 11, 2009
Good Riddens. Great player but drama drama drama. Just go away already. So sick of Brett Favre talking about retirement for the last 4 years now.

Since: Jan 07

Location hidden

#12 Feb 11, 2009
Who didn't see this coming?? This is like the 3-4 time he has retired.....I guess the Jets will move to the Clemens era, which is great news for the AFC East....LOL!!!
Pass the Gravy

Kissimmee, FL

#13 Feb 11, 2009
Thanks for Chad!
Love, a Fins Fan

“The Best Is Yet To Come...”

Since: Jan 07

South Florida

#14 Feb 11, 2009
I'll believe it when I see it.
Huh

Oviedo, FL

#15 Feb 11, 2009
Will someone please nail his door shut so he actually stays retired this time? On the brighter side, Days of Our Lives is hiring, so he can put his great talents at emotional drama to use.
skyman

United States

#16 Feb 11, 2009
jim wrote:
Farve is the biggest drama queen in the NFL.If he watched Titanic 30 times he would cry 90 times.
Not sure i get it, but I LMAO!
Sean

Stafford, VA

#17 Feb 11, 2009
The Dolphins sent Joe Montana packing in his final game as well when he was a Chief.

Bret stayed too long, I don't think he can stand up to the abuse of an NFL season.

Adios, Bret. I hope this means a whole new era of the Dolphins monkey-stomping the Jets twice a year.
Stu

Pompano Beach, FL

#19 Feb 11, 2009
Brett, thanks for your many great years in the NFL. You were the best.
DBL

Daytona Beach, FL

#20 Feb 11, 2009
Thank you NYJ for giving away Chad Pennington to a real team.

Hope signing Favre for one season was worth it. Sorry 'bout the no playoffs thing. It was our pleasure to knock you out of contention.

Enjoy Kellen Clemons and the bottom of the AFC East!

Go Dolphins!
Jules Winfield

Boca Raton, FL

#21 Feb 11, 2009
Pass the Gravy wrote:
Thanks for Chad!
Love, a Fins Fan
You're very welcome. Remember his last game? Expect more of it, IF he can possibly stay healthy 2 years in a row. Which if it happens will be the first time. There's a reason he's won 2 Comeback player of The Year Awards.

While we're all in the thanking mode, thank you for Westhoff...
Rev Al

West Palm Beach, FL

#22 Feb 11, 2009
Enough with this guy already. Who cares anymore? He needs to just go away and put everyone out of their misery. He has -0- class, no respect for his teamates, organizations, NFL or fans at this point. He will never have the grace or class of Montana, Kelly, Elway or Marino. His lasting impression is hanging on like Johnny U. and Nameth. Just retire already, it's boring.

BRETT JUST GO AWAY, PLEASE!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 25
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Kellen Clemens Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Rivers Leads Chargers To Rout Of Jets (Oct '14) Oct '14 Streetfarter 1
News Former Browns QB Kosar believes he's been fired... (Apr '14) Apr '14 Brown Flushdown 1
News Rams' Kellen Clemens is wary of 49ers (Dec '13) Dec '13 Fartastic 3
News St Louis Rams Pulling Out All Of The Stops (Nov '13) Nov '13 Jpram 1
News Percy Harvin ruled out, is it best to wait unti... (Oct '13) Oct '13 Laughing Bear Fan 1
News Is Brett Favre coming back to the NFL? (Oct '13) Oct '13 Laughing Bear Fan 3
News Report: Rams Called Brett Favre About QB Job (Oct '13) Oct '13 changing times 2
More from around the web