Much adieu about a quarterback

Much adieu about a quarterback

There are 9 comments on the Newsday story from Jan 21, 2009, titled Much adieu about a quarterback. In it, Newsday reports that:

Rex Ryan will be officially introduced today as the Jets ' coach, and it won't be long before reporters grill him on the biggest issue he faces: What to do with Brett Favre ? The 39-year-old quarterback ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

U r not so smart

Bangkok, Thailand

#1 Jan 21, 2009
Favre was over the hill many moons ago.
Favre the Soap

Florham Park, NJ

#2 Jan 21, 2009
Once again an over the hill headcase is holding the future of a NFL fanchise hostage with his drama queen act. If the Jets don't get rid of Favre, it will be another no playoff year for Jets.
pjs

Brooklyn, NY

#3 Jan 21, 2009
Isn't David Carr available? He is very mobile and healthy after not being beat up the last few years. He looked great when he came in against the Vikings in the last regular season game.
RC Meany

AOL

#4 Jan 21, 2009
Footnote: Glauber failed to give Ira credit as the direct source of the statistics he cited above demonstrating Favre's dramatic December swoons since 2005. Ira posted the data on Boland's blog several days ago. Kudos, Ira. You owe him one, Glauber.
JetsFanDan

Mebane, NC

#5 Jan 21, 2009
You condemn Brett Favre, but yet you want to bring in a wildly inconsistent QB in Anderson here, with that cap number? Matt Cassel, are you kidding me? Can you imagine what it would be like here with another Pennington once his arm floats deep balls into defender's arms? I would rather have a Favre over both of them, because at least when Favre is on he can be elite.

Our best option is to just sign a vet, like a Leftwich, and just have them compete with Clemens and Ratty. One of those 2 guys should be our starter since they are in the system and are already here, so just let them battle it out. Maybe Sanchez would fall to us on draft day, stranger things have happened. But if he did I wouldn't really want him starting his rookie year, since the kid would be way too raw after one year of starting as USC. Who knows, he could surprise us, but he also has that one year wonder tag so you have to bring him along slowly.

BTW, I saw on espn that Ryan said he would welcome Favre back, how long till you write an article on him being insane?
kelley

AOL

#6 Jan 21, 2009
Favre the Soap wrote:
Once again an over the hill headcase is holding the future of a NFL fanchise hostage with his drama queen act. If the Jets don't get rid of Favre, it will be another no playoff year for Jets.
finheaven.com
kelley

AOL

#7 Jan 21, 2009
U r not so smart wrote:
Favre was over the hill many moons ago.
finheaven.com
Frankie

San Jose, CA

#8 Jan 21, 2009
pjs wrote:
Isn't David Carr available? He is very mobile and healthy after not being beat up the last few years. He looked great when he came in against the Vikings in the last regular season game.
Good suggestion. He is a guy under the radar and should be considered.
He was a number one draft choice and has all the tools so he is as good as any other choice out there. He has a good arm and can run and has experience and is still young. With protection he can be a good qb if not great.
Jetsfanchicago

United States

#9 Jan 21, 2009
what about making a move for Linehart?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Kellen Clemens Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Rivers Leads Chargers To Rout Of Jets (Oct '14) Oct '14 Streetfarter 1
News Former Browns QB Kosar believes he's been fired... (Apr '14) Apr '14 Brown Flushdown 1
News Rams' Kellen Clemens is wary of 49ers (Dec '13) Dec '13 Fartastic 3
News St Louis Rams Pulling Out All Of The Stops (Nov '13) Nov '13 Jpram 1
News Percy Harvin ruled out, is it best to wait unti... (Oct '13) Oct '13 Laughing Bear Fan 1
News Is Brett Favre coming back to the NFL? (Oct '13) Oct '13 Laughing Bear Fan 3
News Report: Rams Called Brett Favre About QB Job (Oct '13) Oct '13 changing times 2
More from around the web