Putrid past makes Saints hard to dislike

Putrid past makes Saints hard to dislike

There are 90 comments on the TwinCities.com story from Jan 19, 2010, titled Putrid past makes Saints hard to dislike. In it, TwinCities.com reports that:

The New Orleans Saints are so damn endearing. Anyone who has ever felt betrayed, jacked around or mistreated can relate to the Saints.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at TwinCities.com.

First Prev
of 5
Next Last
cnruf

Williamsburg, VA

#1 Jan 19, 2010
I am predicting and see a Vikings win, however, if fate would have otherwise you can rest assured that I would be rooting for the Saints. Like the Vikings they have had some tough breaks....you couldn't help but wishing them the best. That is one thing I have noticed`about many Vikings fans,... is that they do not harbor intense unbridled and uncivilized disdain (maybe excsept for the cowboys and they and the media have brought that upon themselves since the 70's proclaiming America Team). Heck even as a Vikings fan since the late sixties I was pulling for Favre and company in their first 90;s superbowl. To be humble, gracious, in that respect, is like an iron fist in a velvet glove.
so cal viking fan

West Hollywood, CA

#2 Jan 19, 2010
too bad the SB couldn't be between the Vikings & the Saints. F the Dolts & Jets anyway. I'm a Brees fans since the Purdue days. I prefer the Vikings win the SB finally but i'm cool with Brees winning it. N.O. has been through enuff as is. I don't hate GB but I kinda did want them to succeed in the mid 90's cause I was tired of Dallas & Frisco being in the SB. I do still have hatred for Frisco & the Dedskins because of the 80's where they've ruined the seasons of the Vikings & 80's Bears. They deserve to suffer forever as far as i'm concerned. And so do the refs who hate the Vikings since the 90's for no reason at all.
Saints VooDoo

AOL

#3 Jan 19, 2010
Gosh - maybe I should just say shucks and thanks but no thanks. You can all keep your well wishes, the Saints are so pitiful and sad, the 98 pound weaklings, bla, bla, bla....you better come to play 'tards, or you will be licking your wounds a very long time. Bring your big boy britches and don't forget that Katrina washed the sins away in the Big Easy, and it has not been the same since. And, btw, who dat is best not explained by a newspaper closer to Canada than the rest of the country. Let's just say, bring it 'tards. favre is toast.
Saints VooDoo

AOL

#4 Jan 19, 2010
Oh, almost forgot - you winter white pale yanks better come prepared to languish a bit after a good old bayou butt whipping in the Dome. We like to celebrate with you later in the Vieux Carre. In case you guys don't speak cajun drawl (as in the explanation of who date in the article), that means French Quarter. Yeppers, we gonna who dat you in the Dome, then who dat you on Rue Bourbon, Rue St. Chatres, Rue Iberville, Poydras, Canal, Rue St. James and even on Magazine while your lady folk spend some dollars. The difference between who dat and American's team, what we have is ancient old, real, not the Galleria and sky scrapers, l'artifice, trash.
cnruf

Williamsburg, VA

#5 Jan 19, 2010
so cal viking fan wrote:
too bad the SB couldn't be between the Vikings & the Saints. F the Dolts & Jets anyway. I'm a Brees fans since the Purdue days. I prefer the Vikings win the SB finally but i'm cool with Brees winning it. N.O. has been through enuff as is. I don't hate GB but I kinda did want them to succeed in the mid 90's cause I was tired of Dallas & Frisco being in the SB. I do still have hatred for Frisco & the Dedskins because of the 80's where they've ruined the seasons of the Vikings & 80's Bears. They deserve to suffer forever as far as i'm concerned. And so do the refs who hate the Vikings since the 90's for no reason at all.
I agree with the ref. thing. What is it about the Vikings that the refs. seem intent on making it more difficult than it is to win a game? Did a previous Vikings coach send a poison pen letter or something? It has become glaringly obvious over the past years and like Sundays game it appeared that the refs. were overly biased and keenly focused on any chance to catch a Minnesota miscue or make a marginal call against them.
Raier

Decorah, IA

#6 Jan 19, 2010
I like the Saints but I love the Vikings. I wish them the best but I'm all for number 4 and the crew making there move. We have endured plenty since 1977 and this is very likely the year they make it over the top. Hey, the Red Sox did it. It will be a good game and I'm all for the men in purple taking this one back up to Norse country.
odennorsson

Duluth, MN

#7 Jan 19, 2010
Viking fans can relate! We'll be the underdog darlings if we get to the Superbowl. I can't wait. Get out your paper bags Saints!
odennorsson

Duluth, MN

#8 Jan 19, 2010
I hope to see Sharper in that probowl game. That'll be a nice consolation for him.
oh eight

Stillwater, MN

#10 Jan 20, 2010
okay there fun-boy!
fmc651

Granton, WI

#11 Jan 20, 2010
Hamilton Malloy wrote:
Hey Tom,
You are a condescending, thinks they're clever, cucking funt. And you will find it very easy to hate the Saints after Sunday night. All of you will.
I agree with half of what you said.But I like the current Saints team. They play a fun style. Have nice players. Good coach.So if they do beat the Vikings I will not hate the Saints. I will just be disappointed the Vikes lost is all.

“ALL IN AGAIN!!!”

Since: Jun 09

St.John's, Newfoundland

#12 Jan 20, 2010
Saints VooDoo wrote:
Gosh - maybe I should just say shucks and thanks but no thanks. You can all keep your well wishes, the Saints are so pitiful and sad, the 98 pound weaklings, bla, bla, bla....you better come to play 'tards, or you will be licking your wounds a very long time. Bring your big boy britches and don't forget that Katrina washed the sins away in the Big Easy, and it has not been the same since. And, btw, who dat is best not explained by a newspaper closer to Canada than the rest of the country. Let's just say, bring it 'tards. favre is toast.
...break out the prayer beads and contact St.Peter ( the patron Saint of hopeless cases): the heathens are coming to exorcise your a*s*s*....GO VIKES!
David d

Cottage Grove, WI

#13 Jan 20, 2010
Check out the picture of the Saints owner, His wife and Drew. What do ya think? I say she is busted. lol

eric113

“Smack the Pack”

Since: Sep 09

Oslo,Norway

#14 Jan 20, 2010
Saints VooDoo wrote:
Oh, almost forgot - you winter white pale yanks better come prepared to languish a bit after a good old bayou butt whipping in the Dome. We like to celebrate with you later in the Vieux Carre. In case you guys don't speak cajun drawl (as in the explanation of who date in the article), that means French Quarter. Yeppers, we gonna who dat you in the Dome, then who dat you on Rue Bourbon, Rue St. Chatres, Rue Iberville, Poydras, Canal, Rue St. James and even on Magazine while your lady folk spend some dollars. The difference between who dat and American's team, what we have is ancient old, real, not the Galleria and sky scrapers, l'artifice, trash.
And here I was thinking Saints fans had some class.
CT Viking Fan

Saint Paul, MN

#15 Jan 20, 2010
It's hard not to like the Saints because of all that franchise has been through. It's hard not to like a lot of their players. It's hard not to like watching that explosive offense put up points. However, I will have no problem at all hating their #$%*ing guts on Sunday. Peace. Go Vikes!
vikingfan_67

Fredericksburg, VA

#16 Jan 20, 2010
They were saying "who dat" back in 1987-88. I'll never forget that. I got so tired of hearing it. Vikings turned out to be who dat that year, and beat the Saints 44-10 in the playoffs.
Venison

United States

#17 Jan 20, 2010
CT Viking Fan wrote:
It's hard not to like the Saints because of all that franchise has been through. It's hard not to like a lot of their players. It's hard not to like watching that explosive offense put up points. However, I will have no problem at all hating their #$%*ing guts on Sunday. Peace. Go Vikes!
They put themselves thru all the problems they've encountered. Don't feel sorry for ineptness.
Indyfan

Fishers, IN

#18 Jan 20, 2010
In essence what Powers is trying to say is that the Saints are LOSERS and so is he. Apparently that common ground gives him some kind of a sick brotherhood with them.

We will have the same kind of pity on the Saints as we had on the Cowbabies last Sunday. If Powers needs an arse kickin to feel better about himself maybe he should sass his boyfriend right before the game. Go Vikes "who dey".
Maddmike

Wichita Falls, TX

#19 Jan 20, 2010
DON'T judge all Saints fans because of one jerk. I'm a Football fan. Yes I hope the Vikings and Favre win, I am also one of those who will root for the Saints in the Super Bowl if Vikes don't win. VooDoo has some issues, don't know why, not gonna let it bother me. Ive been to New Orleans and there's plenty of good people there.
Go Blue

Lake Worth, FL

#20 Jan 20, 2010
Hope the Saint's kick Favre into immediate retirement....
Pigskin Follies

Prairie Farm, WI

#21 Jan 20, 2010
How can anybody not love the Saints? I think every Vikes coach, player, and fan has a very soft spot in their heart for the New Orleans franchise. It's just that this Sunday we want to "crush their little heads like ants on a sidewalk" and then worry about the love and sympathy later. Go Vikes!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 5
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Keith Brooking Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Dan Connor, Brodney Pool Added To The Growing D... (Mar '12) Nov '14 Flatulence Fred 4
News The Peyton Manning Effect: QB has made all of t... (Jan '13) Jan '13 Black Deal 2
News Five Broncons are Pro Bowl bound (Dec '12) Dec '12 BRONCONS 1
News Denver Broncos' coordinator Jack Del Rio showca... (Dec '12) Dec '12 Dick Shipley 1
News Keith Brooking Signs with Denver Broncos: Opini... (Aug '12) Aug '12 Karen 1
News Everything's On the Line for Cowboys Defense (Dec '11) Jan '12 Mit Wobet 4
News Romo's fault? Not totally, Cowboys teammates say (Sep '11) Sep '11 Itsfarts 4
More from around the web