Sports - Falcons Lose Again

Full story: WXIA Atlanta 36
Somewhere, Michael Vick must have been shaking his head. Joey Harrington just shrugged off Atlanta's season opener as a stroke of bad luck, but this was a troubling start. Full Story
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
WE NEED VICK

Calhoun, GA

#1 Sep 10, 2007
We are allready loosing games starting off. This is going to be the worse season. I was a fan until Vick was suspended. I don't even have an interest in the games.(too me they are boring now)... Maybe everyone will see the picture now.... Vick would've ran the ball more and made it happen.
Signed #~1 mike vick fan...
Innocent-guilty

Cumming, GA

#3 Sep 10, 2007
The Falcons did not support Vick. To support someone does not mean that you agree with what they have done. Rather it means that we are there for you. That would have provided him needed support. It would have demonstrated the strength of theFalcon team. They allowed a group, PETA, to lesson their support of VICK. That is discouraging. I am sure other players got the message even if they did not indicate it. The message is "you are a piece of meat to meat. Regardless of how much you have contributed to the team, we will drop you should cast a negative shadow upon the team. We will not support you. We will find another piece of meat.Yes we will find someone to take your place." The Falcons will discover that all meat does not taste the same. As my grandmother would say, Vick needed his team as a support but where were they. I have lost respect for the team. Others are hurling darts and stones at Vick. He will pay for his actions. The Falcons will pay for their lack of support in a time of need.
tls

Atlanta, GA

#4 Sep 10, 2007
The Falcon's will not be very good this year. But its not all about Vick. The turmoil, and lack of leadership will prove the downfall for them. New Quarterback, New Coach, drama, etc. I look forward to next season. This one was over before it started!
Beth

Montrose, AL

#5 Sep 10, 2007
Vick is too busy being punished for a crime he committed to run the ball. Come on people, lets not lose all of our self respect. I love watching football, I loved watching Vick play, but he screwed his career up, no one is to blame but himself. I really don't want to watch convicted felons play every Sunday, that's not my idea of fun. The joy of watching football is not worth trading in your morals just to have a strong player on the team.
WE NEED VICK wrote:
We are allready loosing games starting off. This is going to be the worse season. I was a fan until Vick was suspended. I don't even have an interest in the games.(too me they are boring now)... Maybe everyone will see the picture now.... Vick would've ran the ball more and made it happen.
Signed #~1 mike vick fan...
2RescuedPits

United States

#6 Sep 10, 2007
Arthur Blank staked the entire reputation and success of the franchise on the prowess of one man. Unbelievable. Per an article in ESPN, Vick was quite the prima donna and hasn't even performed to expectation.
The Falcons don't need Vick....but they do need an owner who doesn't put all of his eggs on one basket.
Innocent-guilty

Cumming, GA

#7 Sep 10, 2007
2RescuedPits wrote:
Arthur Blank staked the entire reputation and success of the franchise on the prowess of one man. Unbelievable. Per an article in ESPN, Vick was quite the prima donna and hasn't even performed to expectation.
The Falcons don't need Vick....but they do need an owner who doesn't put all of his eggs on one basket.
Its his money. He do what he wants with it.
bigboy

Atlanta, GA

#8 Sep 10, 2007
like it would be any different with Vick, just hope for a good draft pick...and this time don't blow it!
FalFan

Lithonia, GA

#9 Sep 10, 2007
The FALCON's owner, coaching staff and players need to learn what it means to be a TEAM and get a co-hesive passion for the game as well as each other. This has been lacking for a long time. Caring and being supportive of each other as a team will yield a great impact on the field. If money is the ruling factor you'll always fall short. In comparison, when watching other NFL and college teams many of them project something the FALCON's don't have... passion! May be that Vick's perdicament can also shed some light on the flaws of the team. Agree with you Innocent-quilty
Ms Equality

Atlanta, GA

#12 Sep 10, 2007
Let face it!!! The Falcon has finish for the Season. Michael you were certainly missed on Sunday. Arthur Blank knows it TheFalcon Organization knows this. Let make it real the Falcons were only to supends Vick for 4 games. If they could they would get him back. But they must loose to appease THE DOGS FANS!!

“A Smile Can Light The World”

Since: Aug 07

Pennsylvania

#13 Sep 10, 2007
Umm people, one person does not a football team make. It takes a whole bunch of individuals with talent to make a team. And from what I have seen, the Falcons have a ways to go before they can become a winning team. Look at how many years the Colts went winless before they won.

But concerning Mike Vick, he alone was the one who let the Atlanta Falcons down.

Why, when he was asked repeatedly did he not come forward and admit to both the NFL Commissioner and the Falcons owner that yes he was involved in dogfighting, instead of repeatedly denying it? They asked him on more than one occasion did he have anything he needed to tell them. And one response was "They have nothing on me." And the other response was "I had nothing to do with it, and I love dogs."

You know Georgia, just about gave the world to Mike Vick and how did he repay them? With lies and the finger. The Falcons will come back in time and be a better team for it. And yes, without Mike Vick, because Mike Vick will be away for a few years, and will be unavailable to play.
Welcome to our nightmare

Danielsville, PA

#20 Sep 10, 2007
"Arthur Blank staked the entire reputation and success of the franchise on the prowess of one man."

This has always been the dilemna of the Falcons...in the 30 years I've lived in Atlanta..our team has ALWAYS been built around one player...and they usually wind up sucking.....GO COLLEGE FOOTBALL, where the games are played becuase the kids WANT to play football.
Kyeasha Shaw

Fort Huachuca, AZ

#21 Sep 10, 2007
I think the Minnesota Vikings did a fine and fair job in defeating the Atlanta Falcons. Yet, even with this big blow out of a lose for the Atlanta Falcons, I truly believe that the absence of Michael Vick not being there, gave Minnesota an easier advantage to overpower and out play the Atlanta Falcons.
Thank you,
Kyaeasha Shaw
flarp

South Milwaukee, WI

#22 Sep 10, 2007
Joey Harrington sucks and is a second stringer if that. The NFL and the Falcons should have grown a pair and told terrorist sponsoring PETA and all these animal kooks to get bent.
I do however see where alot of these people are coming from. If my choice was to save one of my pet cats lives or save someone I dont like(half the people on topix), damn right my cat will be still alive.
The Falcons best way to salvage their season: bring in Byron Leftwich to replace Harrington....
So go ahead, call me sick or whatever names you like. I value internet opinions as much as I value what my cats leave in the litter box....
Kyeasha Shaw

Fort Huachuca, AZ

#23 Sep 10, 2007
I think the Minnesota Vikings did a fine and fair job in defeating the Atlanta Falcons. Yet, even with this big blow out of a lose for the Atlanta Falcons, I truly believe that the absence of Michael Vick not being there, gave Minnesota and easier advantage to overpower and out play the Atlanta Falcons.
Thank you,
Kyeasha Shaw
Vivisect

Malaysia

#31 Sep 10, 2007
Vick entered the NFL in 2001, didnt play much that year. 2002 he took the Falcons to the playoffs and handed the Green Bay Packers their first ever home playoff loss. I saw that game and it was pretty much Michael Vick that beat the Packers. 2003 missed 11 games due to fractured right fibula. 2004 Michael Vick took the Falcons to the NFC championship game. 2005-2006 werent very good years for the Falcons but Vick did make the pro bowl in 2005.

If you look at ANY hall of fame QB's stats, Dan Marino, John Elway, Brett Favre, Joe Montana. They ALL have a couple years that their numbers and team records werent very good.

To say the Falcons looked like crap WITH Vick is pretty ignorant. He is the best quarterback the Falcons have had since Steve Bartkowski 1975-1984...

“Magnum frater spectat te.”

Poway, CA

#33 Sep 10, 2007
Vivisect wrote:
Vick entered the NFL in 2001, didnt play much that year. 2002 he took the Falcons to the playoffs and handed the Green Bay Packers their first ever home playoff loss. I saw that game and it was pretty much Michael Vick that beat the Packers. 2003 missed 11 games due to fractured right fibula. 2004 Michael Vick took the Falcons to the NFC championship game. 2005-2006 werent very good years for the Falcons but Vick did make the pro bowl in 2005.
If you look at ANY hall of fame QB's stats, Dan Marino, John Elway, Brett Favre, Joe Montana. They ALL have a couple years that their numbers and team records werent very good.
To say the Falcons looked like crap WITH Vick is pretty ignorant. He is the best quarterback the Falcons have had since Steve Bartkowski 1975-1984...
Best running back. Can't pass. Stats are average. Back-up's stats are better. Great runner, though! Impossible to defend, because he's a showboat, rather than a team player.Dazzling in short video clips.

“Magnum frater spectat te.”

Poway, CA

#34 Sep 10, 2007
Anbreen wrote:
<quoted text>
Best running back. Can't pass. Stats are average. Back-up's stats are better. Great runner, though! Impossible to defend, because he's a showboat, rather than a team player.Dazzling in short video clips.
Voted "Most Overrated."
vick a complete moron

Westwood, NJ

#35 Sep 10, 2007
Innocent-guilty wrote:
The Falcons did not support Vick. To support someone does not mean that you agree with what they have done. Rather it means that we are there for you. That would have provided him needed support. It would have demonstrated the strength of theFalcon team. They allowed a group, PETA, to lesson their support of VICK. That is discouraging. I am sure other players got the message even if they did not indicate it. The message is "you are a piece of meat to meat. Regardless of how much you have contributed to the team, we will drop you should cast a negative shadow upon the team. We will not support you. We will find another piece of meat.Yes we will find someone to take your place." The Falcons will discover that all meat does not taste the same. As my grandmother would say, Vick needed his team as a support but where were they. I have lost respect for the team. Others are hurling darts and stones at Vick. He will pay for his actions. The Falcons will pay for their lack of support in a time of need.
what are you talking about? how can they play vick when he's going to jail in about 8 weeks.he's done!!!most criminals loose their jobs if they have one. get real!

“A Smile Can Light The World”

Pennsylvania

#36 Sep 10, 2007
The funny thing is if the Falcons were to go out tomorrow and recruit a star quarterback, with a great throwing arm, and he got along well with his teammates, Vick would be old news, and the Falcons and the fans would say who?????

But to say that the Falcons are failures because Vick is not playing, sure doesn't say much for the fans who are supposed to be supporting the whole team.

We had a great quarterback in Pittsburgh two years ago by the name of Rothlisberger, who took us to the Super Bowl and won. Then on his off season he gets into a lovely accident with a motorcycle. So instead of waiting until he was completely healed he decides to play and the Steelers did not have that great a season. The point is the fans stuck by the Steelers in both the good times and the bad. So to the Falcon fans who feel that the team cannot make it without Vick, you sure don't think to much of your teamdo ya? I bet you all make the Falcons proud, dontcha?

Has for Mike Vick, word from his agent is that he will be tied up for at least a couple of years, and won't be able to come out and play.
debatl112

Irving, TX

#37 Sep 10, 2007
why aren't the falcons going after quarterback leftwich who was release from
jacksonville to help save the season are they stupid we all know that they won't win anything with harrington.Please make this one of your polls and see what the fans think.Leftwich is a great quarterback and Arthur Blank needs to go after him before someone else gets him.Falcon Fan of Fort Worth TEXAS

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Keith Brooking Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Dan Connor, Brodney Pool Added To The Growing D... (Mar '12) Nov '14 Flatulence Fred 4
The Peyton Manning Effect: QB has made all of t... (Jan '13) Jan '13 Black Deal 2
Five Broncons are Pro Bowl bound (Dec '12) Dec '12 BRONCONS 1
Denver Broncos' coordinator Jack Del Rio showca... (Dec '12) Dec '12 Dick Shipley 1
Keith Brooking Signs with Denver Broncos: Opini... (Aug '12) Aug '12 Karen 1
Everything's On the Line for Cowboys Defense (Dec '11) Jan '12 Mit Wobet 4
Romo's fault? Not totally, Cowboys teammates say (Sep '11) Sep '11 Itsfarts 4
More from around the web