Warrior Replay: Five big plays

Warrior Replay: Five big plays

There are 5 comments on the Honolulu Star-Bulletin story from Sep 15, 2008, titled Warrior Replay: Five big plays. In it, Honolulu Star-Bulletin reports that:

The Setup: Hawaii 0, Oregon State 0, 9:54 remaining, first quarter, Hawaii ball, first and 10 at Oregon State 31 The Play: Oregon State S Al Afalava is called for illegal contact above the shoulders against ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Honolulu Star-Bulletin.

OBSERVANT

Honolulu, HI

#1 Sep 15, 2008
I went to the practices. UH does not spend enough time on Special Teams, and they do not make it game realistic. This is the time where you can hit allout, so you know what your players will do when someone is trying to block them. Majority of these guys are not starters and need the live hitting. All Special Teams play should be live in practice even if it's done only for 10 minutes. The players have to go all out in practice if you want them to go all out in the game.
Poi Boy

AOL

#2 Sep 15, 2008
Right on Pilares!!!!!!!!
RTKONA

Honolulu, HI

#3 Sep 15, 2008
Coach, you also ran three running plays in a row at least twice. Both 3 and out. If you can't see where the play calling could be improved, you are not looking hard enough.
Mainland Perspective

United States

#4 Sep 15, 2008
OBSERVANT wrote:
I went to the practices. UH does not spend enough time on Special Teams, and they do not make it game realistic. This is the time where you can hit allout, so you know what your players will do when someone is trying to block them. Majority of these guys are not starters and need the live hitting. All Special Teams play should be live in practice even if it's done only for 10 minutes. The players have to go all out in practice if you want them to go all out in the game.
If they spent more time practicing the fundamentals of the game instead of that stupid pre-game ooga booga dance maybe their problems would be solved

However, their dancing skills combined with cultivating the wild haired barbarian image, makes them well prepared for a career as a luau sideshow attraction, which, lets face it, is all they will amount to anyway.
Coach

Honolulu, HI

#5 Sep 15, 2008
Poi Boy wrote:
Right on Pilares!!!!!!!!
Poi Boy,

I'm sorry but Kealoha is part of what is wrong with the Warriors. He is too weak. He cannot break any tackles. If everything goes right for him, meaning no one around to tackle him, he can get a few yards, but he just does not have the power to break any tackles. Evidence the 3rd down and 2 situation he failed to convert in Corvallis. And yeah, UH needed him to get that first down, Tyler needed him to get that first down. Nobody supported Tyler. Too many dropped passes and weak ball running. Tyler could never establish any rhythm(?). Yeah he committed some mistakes too, but when everyone is making mistakes things cannot go. Receivers gotta go and catch the ball, runners gotta be tough to tackle and make some yards. Kealoha made his fame racking up yardage against Pac Five and Iolani. He carried 50 times in one game against Iolani! When I saw him playing against Kamehameha he was held to minimum yardage. No place to go. Personally, I cannot understand UH's belief in Kealoha as a D1 running back. He could play at D2, but not D1. He is just not powerful enough. We need to go bigger. Ilaoa and Mauia were good. We may not be able to get as big and fast as Mauia, but we need bigger and stronger than Pilares and Libre. These guys should both play slot, we need improvements there also.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Keenan Lewis Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Panthers release 34-year-old WR Smith (Mar '14) Mar '14 viking nation 4
News Does New Orleans Saints CB Patrick Robinson Hav... (Jun '13) Jun '13 baba kekua 1
News The Steelers Should Let Keenan Lewis Leave if H... (Mar '13) Mar '13 urug26 3
News Pittsburgh Steelers: Which Free-Agent Loss Will... (Mar '13) Mar '13 John Polvere 1
News What Does Pittsburgh Steelers Signing of Willia... (Mar '13) Mar '13 jopitp 1
News Predicting the Pittsburgh Steelers' Free-Agent ... (Mar '13) Mar '13 Reginald 1
News Pittsburgh Steelers: 7 Round 2013 NFL Mock Draft (Jan '13) Feb '13 t-zax 3
More from around the web