Raiders meet salary cap prior to cuts

Raiders meet salary cap prior to cuts

There are 17 comments on the Silver And Black Pride story from Mar 10, 2012, titled Raiders meet salary cap prior to cuts. In it, Silver And Black Pride reports that:

On Wednesday it was revealed that the Raiders had restructured the contracts of defensive tackle Richard Seymour and safety Michael Huff .

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Silver And Black Pride.

“RaiderNation of Domination”

Since: May 07

Some West Texas County

#1 Mar 10, 2012
Looks like Wimbley may be gone. Henderson wouldn't be missed that much. I still think we should've used the franchise tag on Bush and maybe we could've re-signed Branch to a long term deal.

Reason I say we should've franchised Bush is because it would've only cost 1.5 million more at most and it would be If McFadden got hurt and Bush had to carry the load then sign Bush to a long term deal and cut ties with McFadden, but if McFadden stays healthy and pulls his weight, then let Bush walk next year.
proudnewdad

Richmond, KY

#2 Mar 11, 2012
TexasRaider wrote:
Looks like Wimbley may be gone. Henderson wouldn't be missed that much. I still think we should've used the franchise tag on Bush and maybe we could've re-signed Branch to a long term deal.

Reason I say we should've franchised Bush is because it would've only cost 1.5 million more at most and it would be If McFadden got hurt and Bush had to carry the load then sign Bush to a long term deal and cut ties with McFadden, but if McFadden stays healthy and pulls his weight, then let Bush walk next year.
idk I really like bush and he is talented enough to start in half the other teams. He is a more than capable back up
raiderfaith

United States

#3 Mar 11, 2012
I hope we keep wimbley. Bush is more expendable. He is good. But his style of running is pretty common and getting a strong rb isn't as difficult as a crazy legs rb.

“RAIDERS 2016--JUST WIN BABY!”

Since: Jul 11

Michigan

#4 Mar 11, 2012
The way things are going with all the guys restructuring. who knows.....maybe we can strike a deal with Bush to keep him in Oakland. I know he wants to be a starter--he easily could be--and that's the problem with keeping on the roster with DMac, but until they announce he has signed somewhere else, I will continue to hold out hope.

Michigan

#5 Mar 11, 2012
Sorry...

..."keepin him on the roster with Dmac"....

that's what happens when I get excited and type too fast LOL

“8-8 isn't quite good enough.”

Since: Aug 08

Location hidden

#6 Mar 13, 2012
TexasRaider wrote:
I think we should find a way to keep Bush. Personally I think McFadden is by far the better running back, but he gets injured too often. Bush seems to be our primary back.
Bushaholic

Houston, TX

#7 Mar 14, 2012
Raider X wrote:
<quoted text>
I think we should find a way to keep Bush.
Agree...everyone needs Bush....
Laughing Bear Fan

Littleton, CO

#8 Mar 14, 2012
Bushaholic wrote:
<quoted text>
Agree...everyone needs Bush....
We want Bush
We want Bush
(no wonder he was elected twice!)

Michigan

#9 Mar 14, 2012
I read that Henderson and Carlisle are gone. Can anyone confirm that?
Carlise

Houston, TX

#10 Mar 14, 2012
Zild0405 wrote:
I read that Henderson and Carlisle are gone. Can anyone confirm that?
Just by what is out there.,..

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/rapid-reports/po...
Henderson

Houston, TX

#11 Mar 14, 2012
Henderson was released with the “failed physical” designation after played through knee woes in 2011. He was owed $4 million in salary. Henderson is 32 years old.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/03/...

Michigan

#12 Mar 14, 2012
that puts 9.2 Mill under the cap according to Comcast.
Spend

Houston, TX

#13 Mar 14, 2012
Zild0405 wrote:
that puts 9.2 Mill under the cap according to Comcast.
Time to get more aggressive in F/A market...

“PLAY TO WIN”

Since: Jul 09

" I DA HO " !

#14 Mar 14, 2012
we are a poor black team!
RAIDERS of 2012!!!
Buford

Littleton, CO

#15 Mar 15, 2012
RAIDER MISTERIO OG wrote:
we are a poor black team!
RAIDERS of 2012!!!
Then raise the white flag and surrender

“PLAY TO WIN”

Since: Jul 09

" I DA HO " !

#16 Mar 15, 2012
NO of course not! NEVER! it's not in our nature. we gotta march first! WE WILL REGAIN OUR VICTORY!
(i didn't say when) but we will.
RAIDERS 2012!!!
Laughing Bear Fan

Littleton, CO

#17 Mar 15, 2012
buford....white.....doh

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Kamerion Wimbley Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Wimbley: Roomto improve (Jan '13) Jan '13 dirtyfivethirty 1
News Cardinals vs. Titans: TV Schedule, Live Stream,... (Aug '12) Aug '12 samanta 1
News The modernization of the Raiders (Apr '12) Apr '12 RAIDER MISTERIO OG 3
News Raiders get a visit from linebacker Phillip Whe... (Mar '12) Mar '12 TexasRaider 1
News Oakland Raiders 2012 Draft Wishlist No. 3: NT N... (Mar '12) Mar '12 TexasRaider 4
News What are the Raiders up to? (Mar '12) Mar '12 RAIDER MISTERIO OG 3
News Raiders, Packers vying for same free agents (Mar '12) Mar '12 TexasRaider 1
More from around the web