Raiders place franchise tag on S Tyvon Branch

Mar 1, 2012 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: MySanAntonio.com

The Oakland Raiders placed the franchise tag on safety Tyvon Branch on Thursday, guaranteeing him about $6.2 million for 2012 to keep him off the open market in free agency.

Comments
1 - 7 of 7 Comments Last updated Mar 5, 2012
mdlovesdemraider s

Concord, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 2, 2012

All I have to say is McFadden better stay healthy! I hate to see Bush go, but we have to trust Reggie and his ability to guide the Raiders in the right direction.(To be a winning top team again). Let's get the Silver and Black back the respect they once commanded for so many years.
mdlovesdemraider s

Concord, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 2, 2012

mdlovesdemraiders wrote:
All I have to say is McFadden better stay healthy! I hate to see Bush go, but we have to trust Reggie and his ability to guide the Raiders in the right direction.(To be a winning top team again). Let's get the Silver and Black back the respect they once commanded for so many years.
oops I meant to post this to the article about Bush, oh well!

“PLAY TO WIN”

Since: Jul 09

OG, "so cal."

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 3, 2012

i like bush!
RAIDERS 2012!!!
Ford Man

Arlington, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 3, 2012

mdlovesdemraiders wrote:
Now that I know what it has cost to franchise Branch, I hate this move...It would've only cost 1.5 million more to franchise Bush.
Ford Man

Arlington, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 3, 2012

I know Branch has his upside besides being a good safety and ability to return kicks, but when it comes to returning kicks Ford is the man!!!!!!!!!

“RaiderNation of Domination”

Since: May 07

Some West Texas County

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 3, 2012

Ford Man wrote:
I know Branch has his upside besides being a good safety and ability to return kicks, but when it comes to returning kicks Ford is the man!!!!!!!!!
WTF are you doing over here..!?!?!

I agree with what you've said, but here's a Raider history lesson for you...While we have a great WR/KR in Jacoby Ford, in the late 90s we had a kicker named Cole Ford and he SUCKED!!!!

Since: Jul 11

Michigan

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 5, 2012

I think this is the right move. Bush wants to be a starter....and he SHOULD be.....and he will be.

Tyvon is probably our best DB and we need to keep him around. I also think it will be easier and cheaper to replace Bush. I hate to see him go but that's too much $$ for a #2 RB who comes in to rest the #1.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••