Oakland Raiders: Taking a Look at the...

Oakland Raiders: Taking a Look at the Outside Linebacker Competition

There are 8 comments on the BleacherReport story from Jun 27, 2010, titled Oakland Raiders: Taking a Look at the Outside Linebacker Competition. In it, BleacherReport reports that:

The Oakland Raiders' coaching staff emphasizes competition during training camp.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at BleacherReport.

“RaiderNation of Domination”

Since: May 07

Some West Texas County

#1 Jun 28, 2010
I like Howard and Scott as starters and Wimbley as a situational player. They're all good and give us good depth and you gotta have depth to really be effective

“Now trade Green n were good.”

Since: Jun 10

Newark

#3 Jun 29, 2010
Alll i have to say about this is i have no idea why Scott isnt starting opposite end Seymour. Howard and Wimbley no question, if you want Scott at LB then convert to a 3-4.

Some West Texas County

#4 Jun 30, 2010
I thought the trio of Howard, Scott, and Morrison was pretty good. Drafting McClain pretty much meant THE END for Morrison. Wimbley is pretty much like Scott...Can play both LB and DE. I honestly don't care who starts...All I care about is WIN in 2010!!!!!!!!!!

“PLAY TO WIN”

Since: Jul 09

" I DA HO " !

#5 Jul 8, 2010
did RAIDERS release (LB) isaiah ekejiuba? or just rummors?
RAIDERS 2010!!!
Chris

United States

#6 Jul 9, 2010
Yes he is released

“PLAY TO WIN”

Since: Jul 09

" I DA HO " !

#7 Jul 9, 2010
Chris wrote:
Yes he is released
thanks chris. i've been out of tune on the news lately but cant wait for the nfl season to kick off soon.
RAIDERS 2010!!

Some West Texas County

#8 Jul 9, 2010
King Dyce wrote:
Alll i have to say about this is i have no idea why Scott isnt starting opposite end Seymour. Howard and Wimbley no question, if you want Scott at LB then convert to a 3-4.
If we were going 3-4 then I think we would've kept Morrison. I almost thought that's what we were gonna do when we drafted McClain, but then when Morrison was traded instead of Howard, I figured that we were sticking to 4-3. Scott is one of those guys that plays well at either OLB or DE. I thought Howard would be on the trading block after Cable annouced that Scott and Wimbley would start at OLB. I really don't know that much about Wimbley...All I really care is that we WIN in 2010!!!!!!!!!!

“Now trade Green n were good.”

Since: Jun 10

Newark

#9 Jul 19, 2010
Wimbley is a beast I watched him at fsu ... All they do is produce high caliber defenders... Ernie sims lawrence timmons geno hayes etc. Wimbley will start I gaurentee it I just think we should keep Howard starting on the other side his speed is perfect for covering rb's n even the slot receiver. With wimbley mcclain n Howard we easily have the fastest linebacking core n with all the upgrades to the d-line they'll be running free... I've never been this excited for the season to start. Raiders in 2010!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Kamerion Wimbley Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Wimbley: Roomto improve (Jan '13) Jan '13 dirtyfivethirty 1
News Cardinals vs. Titans: TV Schedule, Live Stream,... (Aug '12) Aug '12 samanta 1
News The modernization of the Raiders (Apr '12) Apr '12 RAIDER MISTERIO OG 3
News Raiders get a visit from linebacker Phillip Whe... (Mar '12) Mar '12 TexasRaider 1
News Oakland Raiders 2012 Draft Wishlist No. 3: NT N... (Mar '12) Mar '12 TexasRaider 4
News What are the Raiders up to? (Mar '12) Mar '12 RAIDER MISTERIO OG 3
News Raiders, Packers vying for same free agents (Mar '12) Mar '12 TexasRaider 1
More from around the web