Raiders determined to batten down def...

Raiders determined to batten down defensive hatches

There are 25 comments on the Times-Standard story from Dec 22, 2011, titled Raiders determined to batten down defensive hatches. In it, Times-Standard reports that:

A 14-game body of work illustrates the Raiders aren't close to having the defense Hue Jackson promised during training camp.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Times-Standard.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last

“PLAY TO WIN”

Since: Jul 09

" I DA HO " !

#1 Dec 22, 2011
RAIDERS may change defensive scheme!
RAIDERS have been a base 4-3 defensive team for years but hue jackson says he's not "wedded" to that scheme for the future considering that the RAIDERS are allowing 27.3 points per game. thats not surprising, "im not wedded to anything, i am wedded to whats going to help us win. im not going to stand pat and be like we've been, whether it's offense, defense or special teams i am going to look to make this team and organization better as long as i am here" jacko said.
if jacko has the experience, than go for it i say. like i was mentioning before, take advantage now that AL DAVIS (rest in peace)is gone. AL DAVIS, had a reputation that people know and can almost read but will bresnehan be back? if thats the case? i don't mind him comming back to try the 3-4 scheme. bresnehan seems to be a tough (D) coach but lacks something of todays defensive plays. don't know, but with that comes changes of players with height and weight and speed to stop the run and defend the pass. I'M ALL FOR IT! 27TH in (D)? yea, i'm all for it.
RAIDERS 2011!!! AL!
Raiderfaith

Indianapolis, IN

#2 Dec 22, 2011
Isn't the 3-4 what Curry struggled in at seattle? I too am for it if it works. But it can hinder us as well. I just hope Curry keeps up his"johhny on the spot" play. He has been a bright spot on our D. But again if the team gets better I am all for it
Laughing Bear Fan

Littleton, CO

#3 Dec 22, 2011
Merry Christmas OG
Hope all is well

“PLAY TO WIN”

Since: Jul 09

" I DA HO " !

#4 Dec 23, 2011
Raiderfaith wrote:
Isn't the 3-4 what Curry struggled in at seattle? I too am for it if it works. But it can hinder us as well. I just hope Curry keeps up his"johhny on the spot" play. He has been a bright spot on our D. But again if the team gets better I am all for it
it seems like the force is in the 4-3 but man, we gotta try something different cause for many years we have been at the bottom of the leauge. something's gotta change. right now my feelings are take it apart,"fix the inside", put it back together! i mean, if it just takes some new (cb's) new D-coach or new schemes, is good enough. it's like crennel of cheifs said, he likes what we have but we tend to loosen up "unquote". and it's true. you see our guys play some strong D and tight coverages and then like a bomb, we get hit with big passes or long runs.
"as long as it works" is correct!
RAIDERS 2011!!! AL!

“PLAY TO WIN”

Since: Jul 09

" I DA HO " !

#5 Dec 23, 2011
Laughing Bear Fan wrote:
Merry Christmas OG
Hope all is well
MAERRY CHRISTMAS to you and your whole family LBF.
hey, it's like receiving a christmas card =)
GO BEARS!
RAIDERS 2011!!! AL!
Freddy

Paducah, KY

#6 Dec 24, 2011
Raiderfaith wrote:
Isn't the 3-4 what Curry struggled in at seattle? I too am for it if it works. But it can hinder us as well. I just hope Curry keeps up his"johhny on the spot" play. He has been a bright spot on our D. But again if the team gets better I am all for it
Seattle is a 4-3. I am not sure if the Raiders will switch to a 3-4, but it seems Curry would do well in that scheme considering he plays more like a DE that LB. Curry is very explosive, a level above most players and has lethal combination of quickess and strength. He reminds of one great Raider. The unheralded Greg Townsend.
Freddy

Paducah, KY

#7 Dec 24, 2011
I am not a big fan of Bresnahan. He keeps saying it is execution (on the players) and not scheme (on him). Best thing the Raiders can do in the offseason, is to get Marshall back.

“PLAY TO WIN”

Since: Jul 09

" I DA HO " !

#8 Dec 24, 2011
Freddy wrote:
I am not a big fan of Bresnahan. He keeps saying it is execution (on the players) and not scheme (on him). Best thing the Raiders can do in the offseason, is to get Marshall back.
that would be embarrasing to ask him (marshall) to come back. he was doing good already. just because you clean house does not mean he couldn't have stayed? maybe if and when the rummored (gm) reggie makenzie joins the RAIDERS, they'll straighten that out and get marshall back or someone else.
RAIDERS 2011!!!
Go Blue

West Palm Beach, FL

#9 Dec 24, 2011
Time to start playing for the draftpicks again....sheesh.....
Freddy

Paducah, KY

#10 Dec 24, 2011
RAIDER MISTERIO OG wrote:
<quoted text>that would be embarrasing to ask him (marshall) to come back. he was doing good already. just because you clean house does not mean he couldn't have stayed? maybe if and when the rummored (gm) reggie makenzie joins the RAIDERS, they'll straighten that out and get marshall back or someone else.
RAIDERS 2011!!!
I am not sure that it would be embarassing. It seemed that Marshall got along with Cable really well. The team (and defense) had improved a lot and cleaning house was not necessary. My belief is that Marshall reacted to the Cable news much like Lechler. The Raiders did not exactly rush to hire a DC right away.
Freddy

Paducah, KY

#11 Dec 24, 2011
RAIDER MISTERIO OG wrote:
<quoted text>that would be embarrasing to ask him (marshall) to come back. he was doing good already. just because you clean house does not mean he couldn't have stayed? maybe if and when the rummored (gm) reggie makenzie joins the RAIDERS, they'll straighten that out and get marshall back or someone else.
RAIDERS 2011!!!
Reggie Makenzie would be a very good choice.
Freddy

Paducah, KY

#12 Dec 24, 2011
Go Blue wrote:
Time to start playing for the draftpicks again....sheesh.....
lol.

“RaiderNation of Domination”

Since: May 07

Some West Texas County

#13 Dec 24, 2011
Go Blue wrote:
Time to start playing for the draftpicks again....sheesh.....
What draft picks? we've already spent nearly all of them

“RaiderNation of Domination”

Since: May 07

Some West Texas County

#14 Dec 24, 2011
I'm not opposed to Rob Ryan coming back and trying the 3-4 like he initially was doing until Al Davis butted in and made him switch because Warren Scrapp benefited better statistically in the 4-3. Ryan seems to be doing well with the 3-4 in Dallas but his pass D there sucks.

We need better DBs and a better defensive coordinator. A right guard and right tackle wouldn't hurt either.
Freddy

Paducah, KY

#15 Dec 24, 2011
TexasRaider wrote:
I'm not opposed to Rob Ryan coming back and trying the 3-4 like he initially was doing until Al Davis butted in and made him switch because Warren Scrapp benefited better statistically in the 4-3. Ryan seems to be doing well with the 3-4 in Dallas but his pass D there sucks.
We need better DBs and a better defensive coordinator. A right guard and right tackle wouldn't hurt either.
I am opposed to Ryan coming back.
Defense

Cypress, TX

#16 Dec 24, 2011
Bresnahan needs to go...

“PLAY TO WIN”

Since: Jul 09

" I DA HO " !

#17 Dec 24, 2011
NO ON RYAN!
we got beat on the deep pass again today like always. but like i was saying, we're like a prostitude's under wear on (D), up and down, up and down!
RAIDERS 2011!!! AL!
Laughing Bear Fan

Littleton, CO

#18 Dec 27, 2011
Prostitutes wear underwear? Put down the everclear OG. GO CHIEFS
Soaking Wet

Houston, TX

#19 Dec 27, 2011
Some have to wear depends pads....

“PLAY TO WIN”

Since: Jul 09

" I DA HO " !

#20 Dec 27, 2011
(LOL) okay okay guys, stop for a second! i was simply trying ta make a statement hea! didn't mean ta take your minds out of football!
GO RAIDERS 2011!!! AL!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Kamerion Wimbley Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Wimbley: Roomto improve (Jan '13) Jan '13 dirtyfivethirty 1
News Cardinals vs. Titans: TV Schedule, Live Stream,... (Aug '12) Aug '12 samanta 1
News The modernization of the Raiders (Apr '12) Apr '12 RAIDER MISTERIO OG 3
News Raiders get a visit from linebacker Phillip Whe... (Mar '12) Mar '12 TexasRaider 1
News Oakland Raiders 2012 Draft Wishlist No. 3: NT N... (Mar '12) Mar '12 TexasRaider 4
News What are the Raiders up to? (Mar '12) Mar '12 RAIDER MISTERIO OG 3
News Raiders, Packers vying for same free agents (Mar '12) Mar '12 TexasRaider 1
More from around the web