Steelers draft Florida center

Steelers draft Florida center

There are 17 comments on the InYork story from Apr 23, 2010, titled Steelers draft Florida center. In it, InYork reports that:

PITTSBURGH -- No trades for the Pittsburgh Steelers on the first day of the NFL draft.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at InYork.

6burgh PA

Washington, DC

#1 Apr 23, 2010
Love the pick. The oline improved greatly. Now we need a Corner and defensive lineman tonight.
Rusty

Mount Laurel, NJ

#2 Apr 23, 2010
They should have drafted Jimmy Clausen.
SteelConcious

New York, NY

#3 Apr 23, 2010
Welcome to Pittsburgh Steelers, Pouncey! Hope lots of tattoos doesn't mean another thing comin'(again)...
6burgh

Baltimore, MD

#4 Apr 24, 2010
The draft is over. We got McFadden back at Corner,a good replacement for Parker, some pass rushers that should be really good on special teams. We filled in any weakness this team had last year. We are going to be tough this season.
Bullfarts

United States

#5 Apr 26, 2010
5th Rnd Crezdon Butler - CB - Clemson

McFadden the joke

Lame

“The Lombardi Sixpack”

Since: Feb 08

Butler, PA

#6 Apr 26, 2010
Bullfarts wrote:
5th Rnd Crezdon Butler - CB - Clemson
McFadden the joke
Lame
for someone so obsessed with CBs you should at least have a small bit of knowledge about the game. get a book. do some research...maybe even watch the game of football.
Rex J Steelman

Slippery Rock, PA

#7 Apr 27, 2010
Bob Roberts wrote:
<quoted text>
for someone so obsessed with CBs you should at least have a small bit of knowledge about the game. get a book. do some research...maybe even watch the game of football.
I don't know why he thinks McFadden is so lame. McFadden is an excellent CB--he was playing injured in the playoffs last year, and the Saints picked on him, but he's healed now. Everybody likes to talk about how Big Ben saved the day when he tackled the Colts' CB after the Bettis fumble. But IMO, McFadden is even more responsible for saving that game. He broke up two consecutive Manning TD passes (the second on a spectacular diving play). If the CB had scored, the Steelers O still would have had a minute and a half to work with, but if Manning had scored there, it would have been all over.
Rex J Steelman

Slippery Rock, PA

#8 Apr 27, 2010
Rusty wrote:
They should have drafted Jimmy Clausen.
If you're serious, then your brain is rusty, Rusty. A spoiled little egomaniac like Clausen is the LAST thing the Steelers need right now. We'll get a lot more leadership from the backup QBs we already have.
SteelConcious

New York, NY

#9 Apr 27, 2010
Pouncey looks like having a good manner and all...

“The Lombardi Sixpack”

Since: Feb 08

Butler, PA

#10 Apr 27, 2010
SteelConcious wrote:
Pouncey looks like having a good manner and all...
i've heard nothing but good things about pouncey. the word is he is smart and a good student of the game...something we need in a center since he will be calling the protection. my guess is he will battle for the right guard spot this year and move over to center next year.
Rex J Steelman

Slippery Rock, PA

#11 Apr 27, 2010
Bob Roberts wrote:
<quoted text>
i've heard nothing but good things about pouncey. the word is he is smart and a good student of the game...something we need in a center since he will be calling the protection. my guess is he will battle for the right guard spot this year and move over to center next year.
Yep. Some even think he'll challenge for the starting C position sometime this season.

Since: Apr 08

Denver, CO

#12 Apr 27, 2010
Move Pouncey to left guard to take advantage of his athleticism on an island. Move Kemo to right guard to take advantage of his brute strength and power run blocking moves. Let Legursky duke it out with Hartwig for the starting center position. Wham bam thank you ma'am. We have ourselves a short yardage game again.

Since: Mar 10

Gibsonia, PA

#13 Apr 27, 2010
LZ-Steel wrote:
Move Pouncey to left guard to take advantage of his athleticism on an island. Move Kemo to right guard to take advantage of his brute strength and power run blocking moves. Let Legursky duke it out with Hartwig for the starting center position. Wham bam thank you ma'am. We have ourselves a short yardage game again.
Sounds good to me.

STEELERS ROCK !!!
Gerfarts

United States

#14 Apr 28, 2010
Bob Roberts wrote:
<quoted text>
for someone so obsessed with CBs you should at least have a small bit of knowledge about the game. get a book. do some research...maybe even watch the game of football.
You hear that Tomlin

Get some real CB's
George

Berryville, VA

#15 Apr 28, 2010
Gerfarts wrote:
<quoted text>
You hear that Tomlin
Get some real CB's
Why not some TB's and ZB's you fool?
Gerfarts

United States

#16 Apr 28, 2010
If they can cover

Get them

These CB's on the roster now blow
SteelConcious

New York, NY

#17 Apr 28, 2010
Gerfarts wrote:
If they can cover
Get them
These CB's on the roster now blow
Easy now, BabyGerberfarts...we got lots of LB in the meantime, they can be re-shuffled later! So, no more Bullwinkle here?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Justin Hartwig Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Why the Pittsburgh Steelers Should Take Mike Po... (Feb '11) Feb '11 Atl Gator 2
News Steelers draft Florida C Pouncey (Apr '10) Jun '10 Bullfarts 8
News Steelers pick Florida offensive lineman (Apr '10) Apr '10 SteelerMan 1
News Pittsburgh Steelers: Hines Ward Deserves a Co-C... (Mar '10) Mar '10 Bullfarts 2
News Steelers reflect on dismal season (Jan '10) Jan '10 iluvBenjaminToddR 6
News Big Ben strikes at 0:00 to lift Steelers over P... (Dec '09) Dec '09 i_luv_Big_Ben 5
News Dramatic TD saves Steelers | The Columbus Dispatch (Dec '09) Dec '09 A WIN IS A WIN 1
More from around the web