JaMarcus Russell's short Oakland Raid...

JaMarcus Russell's short Oakland Raiders career

There are 14 comments on the Sacramento Bee story from May 6, 2010, titled JaMarcus Russell's short Oakland Raiders career. In it, Sacramento Bee reports that:

The Raiders #1 draft choice JaMarcus Russell meets and greets and hugs former great Raider quarterback Jim Plunkett.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Sacramento Bee.

oak tree newb

Plano, TX

#1 May 6, 2010
hip hip horay. finally al davis made a good decision in getting that fat horable qb out of our sites. hopefully campbell can step up in the silver and black. good riddence russell. good luck being a 3rd string.
Loki

Los Angeles, CA

#2 May 6, 2010
Lane Kiffin is laughing his ass off on this one. J-Bust was the very reason he was fired!!
Space Cowboy

San Antonio, TX

#3 May 6, 2010
Getting rid of Russell is one of the best moves the Raiders have made since coming back to Oakland.

“Back in Black”

Since: Nov 09

Mission Viejo, CA

#4 May 6, 2010
It is about f**cking time! We may have a good season this year...great mini camp, good draft solid 'D' and a decent QB with some seasoned Wideouts and a improved 'O' line and great running backs....I feel good about may Raiders!
808 RaiderFan

Honolulu, HI

#5 May 6, 2010
My wife bought me a J-Bust jersey for my birthday and I made her take it back. She was sooo p!$$3d!!! I think she'll understand now.

“RaiderNation of Domination”

Since: May 07

Some West Texas County

#6 May 7, 2010
The Stabler Raider wrote:
It is about f**cking time! We may have a good season this year...great mini camp, good draft solid 'D' and a decent QB with some seasoned Wideouts and a improved 'O' line and great running backs....I feel good about may Raiders!
I've got a feeling that Tom Cable lit a fire under Al Davis. I think Al Davis is intimidated by Cable after what happened to Randy Hanson and actually takes him seriously when he tells him what's best for the team. Cable shouldn't have to worry about what Davis thinks when he has to bench a player no matter who that player is. We seem to be managing like a football team instead of an Al Davis Dictatorship. WIN in 2010!!!!!!!!!!

“Back in Black”

Since: Nov 09

Mission Viejo, CA

#7 May 7, 2010
TexasRaider wrote:
<quoted text>
I've got a feeling that Tom Cable lit a fire under Al Davis. I think Al Davis is intimidated by Cable after what happened to Randy Hanson and actually takes him seriously when he tells him what's best for the team. Cable shouldn't have to worry about what Davis thinks when he has to bench a player no matter who that player is. We seem to be managing like a football team instead of an Al Davis Dictatorship. WIN in 2010!!!!!!!!!!
I don't think Al is intimidated but I do think Cable has earned his respect. Al's not goping away but I believe it is Cable's team. This should be a good year for the Silver and Black.

“Just Win Baby!”

Since: Sep 09

Raleigh, NC

#8 May 7, 2010
Agreed.
The Stabler Raider wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't think Al is intimidated but I do think Cable has earned his respect. Al's not goping away but I believe it is Cable's team. This should be a good year for the Silver and Black.

“PLAY TO WIN”

Since: Jul 09

" I DA HO " !

#9 May 7, 2010
i think all is working well with the coaching staff and the players. no more kiffins or hansons or russells or moss es or sapps. everyone seems to be happy! does anyone (player or staff) seem disgruntled? as long as al davis is happy, i'm happy!(LOL)
RAIDERS of 2010!!!

“PLAY TO WIN”

Since: Jul 09

" I DA HO " !

#10 May 7, 2010
808 RaiderFan wrote:
My wife bought me a J-Bust jersey for my birthday and I made her take it back. She was sooo p!$$3d!!! I think she'll understand now.
thats cold!(LOL) you could have saved it for ten yrs. and remembered when.... it could have been! hope you didn't get a marinovich one from her too! send it back!!!(lol)
RAIDERS 2010!!!

“RaiderNation of Domination”

Since: May 07

Some West Texas County

#11 May 7, 2010
RAIDER MISTERIO OG wrote:
i think all is working well with the coaching staff and the players. no more kiffins or hansons or russells or moss es or sapps. everyone seems to be happy! does anyone (player or staff) seem disgruntled? as long as al davis is happy, i'm happy!(LOL)
RAIDERS of 2010!!!
I'll be happy if all this pays off in the regular season. Everybody seems to be on the same page and seems ready to WIN in 2010!!!!!!!!!

“RaiderNation of Domination”

Since: May 07

Some West Texas County

#12 May 7, 2010
The Stabler Raider wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't think Al is intimidated but I do think Cable has earned his respect. Al's not goping away but I believe it is Cable's team. This should be a good year for the Silver and Black.
I think Cable and Davis respected one another and Cable did the things Davis wanted him to do and proved that he needed to take a different direction. Therefore Davis allowed Cable to take the reins and go with it.

“Back in Black”

Since: Nov 09

Mission Viejo, CA

#13 May 8, 2010
TexasRaider wrote:
<quoted text>
I think Cable and Davis respected one another and Cable did the things Davis wanted him to do and proved that he needed to take a different direction. Therefore Davis allowed Cable to take the reins and go with it.
Well that may or may not be true...Cable was given the job not hired for it soooo at the end of the season he had to earn the respect and beat out the competition to keep the job (there were some who thought he wasn't the right guy for the job as I recall). Pesonally I think he is the right guy! Silver and Black forever....Just Win Baby!
Bullfarts

Houston, TX

#14 May 18, 2010
Real tough trying to "beat out competition" when there was none for the coaching job this year with the Faiders

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Justin Fargas Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Gradkowski better equipped this time (Dec '09) Oct '15 Fart news 8
News Oakland Raiders: Back to downhill running for M... (Jun '13) Jun '13 Corran Horn 4
News Why The Raiders Will Let Michael Bush Walk (Feb '12) Feb '12 Whaat 1
News Raiders stars are hurting (Aug '10) Sep '10 RAIDER MISTERIO OG 124
News Battle of backs at Raiders' camp (Aug '10) Aug '10 VILLETOOTOWN 1
News Double Trouble: The Bush/ McFadden 1000 Yard Ru... (Jun '10) Jun '10 Bullfarts 3
News The Litmus Test in Oakland: Can the Running Gam... (May '10) May '10 TexasRaider 3
More from around the web