Patriots Expect No Break

Patriots Expect No Break

There are 18 comments on the Hartford Courant story from Dec 18, 2007, titled Patriots Expect No Break. In it, Hartford Courant reports that:

"I hope I play every snap," quarterback Tom Brady said after Sunday's 20-10 victory over the Jets.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hartford Courant.

OldNavyChief

Silver Spring, MD

#1 Dec 18, 2007
Inasmuch as the Dolphins ran the ball very effectively against the Patriots in the first game, the starting defense should see much action. Lord knows the Patriots, especially the secondary, certainly need practice tackling. As for the offense, it didn't look too sharp against the Jets either.
molly

Tarrytown, NY

#2 Dec 18, 2007
colts and patriots are awsome man! especially peyton manning on the colts he's a great running back man!
molly

Tarrytown, NY

#3 Dec 18, 2007
OldNavyChief wrote:
Inasmuch as the Dolphins ran the ball very effectively against the Patriots in the first game, the starting defense should see much action. Lord knows the Patriots, especially the secondary, certainly need practice tackling. As for the offense, it didn't look too sharp against the Jets either.
PATRIOTS SUCK DUDE!!!: P
rest Brady

Cos Cob, CT

#4 Dec 18, 2007
Lets see Brady but up 5 TD in the first half (4 to Moss) and put those records to bed. The way the Giants are playing... DJ Hernendez at QB could beat them so I'm not too concerned about Cassell playing the majority of that game.(Why did the Pats cut Testeverde?)
Sports Fan

Charlotte, NC

#5 Dec 18, 2007
Work is work people it's the Pats job to take of business on the field week in and week out. It's just another regular season game not the Pats whole season. It's good that the Dolphins got their first win of the season last weekend. The Pats will be focused on what they need to be on Sunday. Go Pats!!!!!
Maxx

Pineville, LA

#6 Dec 18, 2007
While other teams will be resting their starters and letting injured players heal. The Pats won't have that luxury.
Brady wants the passing touchdown record and Belichick wants the perfect season. And you can't do that and rest players.
Which may come back to hurt the Pats in the playoffs.
patsfan111111

Summerfield, FL

#7 Dec 18, 2007
Maxx wrote:
While other teams will be resting their starters and letting injured players heal. The Pats won't have that luxury.
Brady wants the passing touchdown record and Belichick wants the perfect season. And you can't do that and rest players.
Which may come back to hurt the Pats in the playoffs.
please they are going to put these last two games away in the first half and sit the second. then they will have another week of full rest and start their real season. besides you really think manning is going to sit the entire game these next two weeks? watch, he will play into the second half in both.
Maxx

Pineville, LA

#8 Dec 18, 2007
patsfan111111 wrote:
<quoted text>please they are going to put these last two games away in the first half and sit the second. then they will have another week of full rest and start their real season. besides you really think manning is going to sit the entire game these next two weeks? watch, he will play into the second half in both.
Don't be so sure of a easy time for the Pats in those two games. They haven't pulled away from a team for a while until the Jets game and Brady didn't add to his passing touchdown total. So, they may be in longer then you think.
As for the Colts. Manning does want to stay in as much as possible to work with the backups to the injured players. But, Dungy will have the final say.
Dan

Redwood City, CA

#9 Dec 18, 2007
I could be wrong, but the Colts seemed to lose momentum when they took it easy toward the end of 2005, and the Steelers took SBXL. But last year the Colts played all the way through and won, so which stratgey is better?

Besides, the 1972 Dolphins played all the way, right?
patsfan111111

Summerfield, FL

#10 Jan 4, 2008
Dan wrote:
I could be wrong, but the Colts seemed to lose momentum when they took it easy toward the end of 2005, and the Steelers took SBXL. But last year the Colts played all the way through and won, so which stratgey is better?
the colts didnt play all the way through last year. they rest every year, its dungy's philosophy and thats why they are 1-5 in just getting to the superbowl since dungy has been in indy.
as far as 1972 there wasnt a wildcard so i believe they had to play all the way through. personally i believe in doing what the pats are doing and thats playing through regardless of record or solidifying your playoff spot. it just seems to me the teams that rest are playing scared and it seems to kill their momentum.
uprooted hoosier

Moline, IL

#11 Jan 4, 2008
patsfan111111 wrote:
<quoted text>the colts didnt play all the way through last year. they rest every year, its dungy's philosophy and thats why they are 1-5 in just getting to the superbowl since dungy has been in indy.
as far as 1972 there wasnt a wildcard so i believe they had to play all the way through. personally i believe in doing what the pats are doing and thats playing through regardless of record or solidifying your playoff spot. it just seems to me the teams that rest are playing scared and it seems to kill their momentum.
That is of course your opinion now because Pats didnt rest anyone. We lost to pitts in 05 not because of the rest but the distraction of Tonys son taking his on life.
uprooted hoosier

Moline, IL

#12 Jan 4, 2008
patsfan111111 wrote:
<quoted text>please they are going to put these last two games away in the first half and sit the second. then they will have another week of full rest and start their real season. besides you really think manning is going to sit the entire game these next two weeks? watch, he will play into the second half in both.
We see your brilliance pats couldnt put anything away against the Giants and Peyton played 3 series
Bob

United States

#13 Jan 4, 2008
they put away a 16 - 0 season

have the guys in game shape and ready to go while still having a few days to rest

just how much time off do the colts need anyway? every year they do the same thing. are they that beat up every year that they need more time off?

the worst part is they cheated by letting a team win when the playoffs had not yet been set. they cost one team a playoff spot and gave one to another. they deliberately changed the outcome of the NFL season, that's cheating! now there might be a case of collusion on top of it. the colts should watch them selves before the commish gets to them.
uprooted hoosier wrote:
<quoted text>We see your brilliance pats couldnt put anything away against the Giants and Peyton played 3 series
Biasucki

Plainfield, IN

#14 Jan 4, 2008
Bob wrote:
they put away a 16 - 0 season
have the guys in game shape and ready to go while still having a few days to rest
just how much time off do the colts need anyway? every year they do the same thing. are they that beat up every year that they need more time off?
the worst part is they cheated by letting a team win when the playoffs had not yet been set. they cost one team a playoff spot and gave one to another. they deliberately changed the outcome of the NFL season, that's cheating! now there might be a case of collusion on top of it. the colts should watch them selves before the commish gets to them.
<quoted text>
The Pats cheated Bob...you're in total denial
Bob

Harrisburg, PA

#15 Jan 5, 2008
the only denial is by haters who can't admit it was a rule infraction for a camera placement, even after being given the facts as set in the rulebook.
Biasucki wrote:
<quoted text>
Our Time

Warwick, MA

#16 Jan 5, 2008
Biasucki wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey! Whose side are you on!?
skidrow wilson

United States

#17 Jan 6, 2008
Our Time wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey! Whose side are you on!?
...last year was "your" time...
Hmm

Bethlehem, KY

#18 Jan 7, 2008
Dan wrote:
I do not know, but they played all the way this year ;)

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Junior Seau Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Belichick: Long injury list linked to Super Bow... (Aug '15) Nov '15 Fart news 25
News Dallas Cowboys Copy Patriots' Successful Free A... (Mar '15) Mar '15 Mr Jones and Me 2
News Junior Seau, former NFL star linebacker, found ... (May '12) Dec '12 Mrstea 2
News New Orleans Saints: Should Congress Get Involve... (May '12) May '12 i_m_watching 1
News Seau's friends didn't see warning signs (May '12) May '12 junior 6
News Remembering Junior Seau (May '12) May '12 annie113 1
News Former Charger Junior Seau Commits Suicide: Source (May '12) May '12 flbadcatowner 2
More from around the web