Patriots had a great season

Patriots had a great season

There are 215 comments on the Lowell Sun story from Feb 8, 2008, titled Patriots had a great season. In it, Lowell Sun reports that:

We've had seven good years. Three big wins and one loss. After 18 wins, one loss.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Lowell Sun.

First Prev
of 11
Next Last
Tim

Colchester, VT

#1 Feb 8, 2008
Excellent point
Jopa-n

United States

#2 Feb 8, 2008
They had the best reg. season in history- and the worst loss in NFL history. This one isn't going away for quite a while. Put all the flowers around it you want, but a true competitor would take 10-6 wild card and a superbowl ring over this any day of the week. Show me someone who says otherwise and I'll show you a liar.
The Chelmsford Flash

North Augusta, SC

#3 Feb 8, 2008
The Patriots had a good season, a very good season, not a great season.

Champions are the only ones to lay claim on a great season.

Looking forward to next year!
Tony K

Lawrence, MA

#4 Feb 8, 2008
The superbowl loss still leaves a bad taste in most Pat's fans mouths. Like Brady once said that most people will not remember the perfect regular season, just 18-1.
I'm looking forward to next season, perfect or not. The Pats will be back.
Patsrule

Beverly, MA

#5 Feb 8, 2008
The Pats had a great run this year. broke all kids of records along the way and won the AFC title. Only team to go 18 stright wins. No they did not win the big won Just like the other 41 teams in the league this year. If we are such big loosers, what does that make all the others who never came close to what the Pats accomplished. True NE fans will alway's be proud of the Patriots. We must never let people like Jopa-n
who loves to spred hatred because it's the only way he can try and get back at us for giving his Steelers such a beating. He can spin this all he want's but trying to make everyone else feel like shit is the only way he can make himself feel better about his teams own shortcomings. It's sad.
Let's just hope he is able to seek some help soon.
Delusion at its best

Indianapolis, IN

#6 Feb 8, 2008
Yeah, great season, but awesome post season. Let's see you choked in the Superbowl, your coach is under investigation again, your two whiners pull out of the Pro Bowl, and a player gets busted for a 1/2 pound of weed.

Great season.

Thank you Karma for finally showing up.
Patsrule

Beverly, MA

#7 Feb 8, 2008
Delusion at its best wrote:
Yeah, great season, but awesome post season. Let's see you choked in the Superbowl, your coach is under investigation again, your two whiners pull out of the Pro Bowl, and a player gets busted for a 1/2 pound of weed.
Great season.
Thank you Karma for finally showing up.
You just can't get over that the Colt's got knocked out in their first post season game this year, can you? Your just so bitter that Payton got his ass handed to him early on. If attacking the Pats takes your pain away from Colt's early exit, then be my guest.
HilariousSB

Covington, KY

#8 Feb 8, 2008
Pats are done, the lucky streak is at it's end.
I'm not bitter the Colts went out early, sometimes Peyton just don't show up, but I am sure as hell glad to see the Pat's went down in huge flames. Prediction: Pat's won't make it back to the SB next year.
Patsrule

Beverly, MA

#9 Feb 8, 2008
HilariousSB wrote:
I'm not bitter the Colts went out early, sometimes Peyton just don't show up, but I am sure as hell glad to see the Pat's went down in huge flames. Prediction: Pat's won't make it back to the SB next year.
Sounds like your trying to talk yourself into beleiving the pats are done. Of course you bitter about the Colts loss. I could be wrong but I don't see a loss by 3 poings in the last 37 seconds of the game as going down in flames. Here is my prediction. If the pats don't make it to the SB, the Colts won't make it to the post season. I also predict you will be wrong.
AZ State Alumni

Denver, CO

#10 Feb 8, 2008
Now they’re playing like the Patriots we’ve come to love. Like the Patriots of the 80s and 90s.

I just revel in it when a Pats fan says “well we still had and unbelievable season, no ones won 18 before” Then I remind them of how they got thumped and demoralized in the only game that mattered, the Super Bowl. That’s when I hand them the toll free number to the suicide prevention hotline. LOL.
They remind me of my neighbor, he goes out clubbing, dances and flirts with more babes than anyone but never gets laid. Isn’t that what it’s all about, getting girl, not how many you danced or talk to.

I said it once, I’ll say it again.
It was January 14, 2006
It was the 2nd round/divisional playoffs.
It is now what is referred to as the “beginning of the end” for the N.E. Patriots.
All you heard the Patriots talk about was that they were going to be the 1st team ever to 3 peat and have 4 SB wins in 5 years.
Bilicheat was up to his same old tricks with controversial red flag throwing on an unchallengeable play just to get his boys some breathing time in the Mile hi air.
Brady was always whining and wanting a roughing the QB flag.
Then they got Betch slapped and lost 27--13 to the Broncos and Jake the Snake Plummer.
And in the post game press conference Bilicheat was short with his muffled responses and Brady had admitted that his team had been lucky in the past and had many calls go their way in order to win the SB’s they won.
So cheating and getting lucky is how they even won the 3 SB’s they have, hmmm.

As far as Moss is concerned, They lured him in, asked him to take a pay cut, they asked him to tape his mouth shut and if he did so they would guarantee him a SB ring. Well he held up his part of the deal and they didn’t deliver. He didn’t sign up for that, he’s done, he’s got to get paid and there just isn’t enough room in the salary cap to pay him what he wants. I agree with Moss, It’s no fun playing for free and not winning the SB, its time to get paid.

Looks like they’ll be spending their off season on Capital Hill before the Senate while the Giants will be having dinner at the White House.
Jeep1965

New Albany, IN

#11 Feb 9, 2008
Patsrule wrote:

No they did not win the big won Just like the other 41 teams in the league this year.
&
True NE fans will alway's be proud of the Patriots

Whatta moron......Any TRUE fan of any NFL team knows that there are only 32 teams in the league (2 conferences with 4 divisions & 4 teams in each division.

As far as all the other wins & records, they are all a myth because your coach cheated to win Championships & then used those to recruit players who wouldn't habe otherwise come to NE. So even if they didn't cheat this year, it's still tainted like the rest. Fruit of the poisoness tree. Stupid Pats fans
The Commissioner

Vesper, WI

#12 Feb 9, 2008
Patsrule wrote:
The Pats had a great run this year. broke all kids of records along the way and won the AFC title. Only team to go 18 stright wins. No they did not win the big won Just like the other 41 teams in the league this year. If we are such big loosers, what does that make all the others who never came close to what the Pats accomplished. True NE fans will alway's be proud of the Patriots. We must never let people like Jopa-n who loves to spred hatred because it's the only way he can try and get back at us for giving his Steelers such a beating. He can spin this all he want's but trying to make everyone else feel like shit is the only way he can make himself feel better about his teams own shortcomings. It's sad.
By all means keep trying to support your team even though you don't have any means to defend them. The rest of the country is enjoying watching you and the rest of your Patsy loyalist squirm under the humiliation of your Superbowl defeat. The Pats will always be remembered as being the team that went 18-1 and LOST the Superbowl!
lowering the bar

Quincy, MA

#13 Feb 9, 2008
I've heard of sore losers...but sore winners??
Jopa-n

Dallas, PA

#14 Feb 9, 2008
Patsrule wrote:
The Pats had a great run this year. broke all kids of records along the way and won the AFC title. Only team to go 18 stright wins. No they did not win the big won Just like the other 41 teams in the league this year. If we are such big loosers, what does that make all the others who never came close to what the Pats accomplished. True NE fans will alway's be proud of the Patriots. We must never let people like Jopa-n
who loves to spred hatred because it's the only way he can try and get back at us for giving his Steelers such a beating. He can spin this all he want's but trying to make everyone else feel like shit is the only way he can make himself feel better about his teams own shortcomings. It's sad.
I resent the fact that you say I love to spread hatred and spin things. I only try to speak the truth and state facts when something sounds bogus. Its amazing to me how you and other Pats fans, the leaders of ripping other teams, go around now saying 'bad sport' to all that you ripped for months leading up to the biggest loss in sports history. I saw, how those like you, were spending so much time on the Indy Star comment sites- Laughing and rubbing their nose in it ever since the Pats won the reg. season game. I was the one that tried to worn some of you that talking like that was gonna come back and bite you. But I gotta give Indy fans the good sportmanship award- considering how bad they were getting stoned by Pats fans the last 3 months- the response wasn't as harsh as I thought it would be.

“Back at'cha!”

Since: Aug 07

Somewhere near you...

#15 Feb 9, 2008
You can't get over the fact that the Patriots will forever be lableled as the biggest loosers of all time, regardless of what they do from here to eternity.
Patsrule wrote:
<quoted text>
You just can't get over that the Colt's got knocked out in their first post season game this year, can you? Your just so bitter that Payton got his ass handed to him early on. If attacking the Pats takes your pain away from Colt's early exit, then be my guest.

“Back at'cha!”

Somewhere near you...

#16 Feb 9, 2008
You're exactly correct, sir. Its sour grapes forever for them and they will never live it down. They were talkin' trash all year and now they have to pay for their indiscretions and lack of class. Crow is served, lesson learned. It's freakin' hilarious.
Jopa-n wrote:
<quoted text>I resent the fact that you say I love to spread hatred and spin things. I only try to speak the truth and state facts when something sounds bogus. Its amazing to me how you and other Pats fans, the leaders of ripping other teams, go around now saying 'bad sport' to all that you ripped for months leading up to the biggest loss in sports history. I saw, how those like you, were spending so much time on the Indy Star comment sites- Laughing and rubbing their nose in it ever since the Pats won the reg. season game. I was the one that tried to worn some of you that talking like that was gonna come back and bite you. But I gotta give Indy fans the good sportmanship award- considering how bad they were getting stoned by Pats fans the last 3 months- the response wasn't as harsh as I thought it would be.
Delusion at its best

Indianapolis, IN

#17 Feb 9, 2008
Patsrule wrote:
<quoted text>
Doofus, I got over that a long time ago. What I won't get over and will enjoy all year long, is watching your team choke in the Superbowl.

It couldn't have happened to a better team.

“Back at'cha!”

Somewhere near you...

#18 Feb 9, 2008
Yeah, he is a complete doofus. I think we all can enjoy this loss forever. First, Peyton beats them in the payoffs last year and gets his long over due ring, and then his little bother puts the icing on the cake with the biggest exclamation point the NFL has ever seen. It was beautiful and we can all savor it forever.
Delusion at its best wrote:
<quoted text>
Doofus, I got over that a long time ago. What I won't get over and will enjoy all year long, is watching your team choke in the Superbowl.
It couldn't have happened to a better team.

“Back at'cha!”

Somewhere near you...

#19 Feb 9, 2008
This is my gut feeling as well. It was a demoralizing loss and it could have taken the wind out of their sails. We shall see what they are really made of next season.
HilariousSB wrote:

“Back at'cha!”

Somewhere near you...

#20 Feb 9, 2008
Yes, The New England Patriots are both, and have finally learned the meaning of humility.
lowering the bar wrote:
I've heard of sore losers...but sore winners??

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 11
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Junior Seau Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News How watching football helped me understand peop... (Sep '17) Sep '17 HigherPhartz 4
News Belichick: Long injury list linked to Super Bow... (Aug '15) Nov '15 Fart news 25
News Dallas Cowboys Copy Patriots' Successful Free A... (Mar '15) Mar '15 Mr Jones and Me 2
News Junior Seau, former NFL star linebacker, found ... (May '12) Dec '12 Mrstea 2
News New Orleans Saints: Should Congress Get Involve... (May '12) May '12 i_m_watching 1
News Seau's friends didn't see warning signs (May '12) May '12 junior 6
News Remembering Junior Seau (May '12) May '12 annie113 1