Imperfect Pats Could Lose Key Players

Feb 4, 2008 Read more: South Florida Sun-Sentinel 26
The only perfect thing about the Patriots was their record. Now they don't even have that. Read more
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
joseph

Cornelia, GA

#1 Feb 4, 2008
Aorogant patriots get beat..Music to my ears....
Dan

Livermore, CA

#2 Feb 4, 2008
This team gave their soul for this season, you can tell. It didn't work out, now the rent is due.

Moss will be back, but don't expect most of their veteran players to be. I expect Moss is needed and the draft will bring in LB and db's.

Anyway you slice, don't be suprised if they go 8-8 next year. A great run, but this team will probably not be like this for another 15 years. It ain't over with the spygate thing going on.

The Giants proved god exist and he hates the Pats.

“Beyond all comprehension”

Since: Dec 06

The Moon

#3 Feb 4, 2008
Watching Belichick walk off the field gave me much humor.

That and seeing Brady get pummeled all night by the strong pass rush. Rattle Brady , and you get him to screw up.
John

Seffner, FL

#4 Feb 4, 2008
According to what I heard, Moss and Brady are a package. If one leaves, so will the other.
Giants Eat Pats Lunch

United States

#5 Feb 4, 2008
Bellicheat is a poor excuse for a NFL coach, he should be suspended for his actions.
ADC

Lindenhurst, NY

#6 Feb 4, 2008
John wrote:
According to what I heard, Moss and Brady are a package. If one leaves, so will the other.
Where did you get that information from? Last time I checked, Brady won 3 Super Bowles WITHOUT Moss.

For every great rise, there must be a great fall. It was inevitable!
Cynic Clinic

Palm Bay, FL

#7 Feb 4, 2008
I love to watch you idiots b-p-and-moan. Every last one of you would give his wife and kids away for a season ticket to Foxborough, if you lived in Boston. Be jealous, but be honest, or call yourselves liars, not sports fans.

The article was also full of speculation, but few facts about the future. Except for retirement -- after the problems Bruschi has had, for example -- where could any of these players go to have a better chance at a ring ? And don't say New York. They got one chance in twenty, at best.

The only problem Belichick had this season was the one that two other teams had before this. It takes a LOT out of a team to win EVERY WEEK. That's why only four have EVER done it. Most of them slack off, or have too many injuries, or lose focus. Belichick, meanwhile, has got to figure out just how to let his guys peak in week 19. When he does that, the rest of you can go on vacation until Easter -- you won't need to watch TV during February !
Delphinus 13

Los Olivos, CA

#8 Feb 4, 2008
I would have been happy for Seau, Eckel, and Welker if they had one a Super Bowl. Even so, what a great day for the 1972 Dolphins. Maybe this will help strengthen Bob Keuchenberg's bid for a Hall of Fame induction next year. This loss highlighted how next to impossible it is torun the table and have a perfect season.
Al Davis

Cleveland, TN

#9 Feb 4, 2008
Yesterday Bellidick proved what a jerk he is. No class, and no place for his crap in the NFL. Cheater, liar, jerk.
Late Night

Denver, CO

#10 Feb 4, 2008
I'll be tuning into Jay Leno tonight and the rest of the week. I can't wait to hear what kind of jokes he has on the Patriots.
ArrogantPatsLOST

Arcade, NY

#11 Feb 4, 2008
Hey Bill, wanna run up the score again? What goes around comes around you arrogant SOB. Bill and the crew are classless. On behalf of the rest of the teams in the NFL, we are eternally greatful to the Giants. Thanks for beating this arrogant disgusting team. hea hea hea hea hea hea hea LMAO LMAO!!!!!

Since: Dec 07

West Palm Beach, FL.

#13 Feb 4, 2008
Cynic Clinic wrote:
I love to watch you idiots b-p-and-moan. Every last one of you would give his wife and kids away for a season ticket to Foxborough, if you lived in Boston. Be jealous, but be honest, or call yourselves liars, not sports fans.
!
Sorry, but as Dolphin fans, we have been there. The only difference is that our team finished the deal. So beyond that, no, I would not trade anything to run the table only to lose in game #19. As much as the Perfect Season is special, losing a perfect season that way is just as infamous - and not in the way you want it.
don shula 1972

Jacksonville, FL

#14 Feb 4, 2008
All teams lose players . Some teams even lose videographers . Losing an ego is a hard thing to do . When the ego turns to arrogance , the players no longer matter . That was evident when he only shakes hands with a coach after a game . Opposing players seem meaningless , although it's the players that win and lose THE GAME . That is pure ARROGANCE .
fooners3

United States

#15 Feb 4, 2008
Whole article was rehashed,same old, same old, so-called news. Poor Pats.

"72 Fins 17-0, another toast as another loser bites the dust.
vaDolphin

Smithfield, VA

#16 Feb 4, 2008
Belichick should have stayed on the sideline until the end. What a jerk, no class! I'm glad to see him lose.
HoT DoG MaN

United States

#17 Feb 4, 2008
They won't be as good next time around.
Not just because of loss of players and possibly coaches. They piss/ed alot of teams off. And teams will want revenge and they'll be gunnin for Brady.
The problem with one game at a time and 18 straight wins is you don't have the drive and the enthusiasm as a Hungry team, like the Giants. Seymore said, "we couldn't match thier energy"
Everybody proped Brady up as the next great quarterback, he's no Montana or Marino by a long shot. He had a great supporting cast and all day to throw.
You saw what happened when he was rushed,he sucked and goes back to bad games with the Dolphins when he was under a heavy rush.
JET FAN

United States

#18 Feb 4, 2008
ADC wrote:
<quoted text>
Where did you get that information from? Last time I checked, Brady won 3 Super Bowles WITHOUT Moss.
For every great rise, there must be a great fall. It was inevitable!
After showing what he can do his stock went up. I don't see him staying for peanuts at this point. His agent should be looking for a big fat paycheck for Randy.$$$$$
Success cost money,Welker should be asking for more and the lineman that made the probowl etc.
poor taxpayer

Gotha, FL

#19 Feb 4, 2008
Ignignokt wrote:
Watching Belichick walk off the field gave me much humor.
That and seeing Brady get pummeled all night by the strong pass rush. Rattle Brady , and you get him to screw up.
Brady can spend the off season knocking up more models. The second half of the season was mostly fueled by luck for the Pats. They didn't beat the Ravens on the Mon night game, the Ravens beat themselves. The fact that the Ravens were even in that game proves the Pats were way over-rated and lucky (or maybe even cheaters in ways we don't even know about yet). Well, the luck ran out yesterday and its all DOWNHILL next season. I see 7-9 and no playoffs in 2008.
Doug

Bangkok, Thailand

#20 Feb 5, 2008
In 35+ years of watching superbowls I have never gone NFC, until superbowl 42. Way to go Giants. Whoever thought I'd be saying something like that. Thanks Eli and Strahan and Co. for the absolute best game of the Dolphin 07 season, may they R.I.P. (every last one of the 07 Phins).
Dont cry

Miami, FL

#21 Feb 5, 2008
Oh sorry pat fans.... are you all cried out by now or are we going to have to stomach your whining and excuses for yet another day??

As you woke up to the reality that you are losers and the cheating didn't help you. boo hoo, Grab the crying towel.
ha ha ha ha ha ha ha

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Junior Seau Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Dallas Cowboys Copy Patriots' Successful Free A... Mar '15 Mr Jones and Me 2
News Junior Seau, former NFL star linebacker, found ... (May '12) Dec '12 Mrstea 2
News New Orleans Saints: Should Congress Get Involve... (May '12) May '12 i_m_watching 1
News Seau's friends didn't see warning signs (May '12) May '12 junior 6
News Remembering Junior Seau (May '12) May '12 annie113 1
News Former Charger Junior Seau Commits Suicide: Source (May '12) May '12 flbadcatowner 2
Junior Seau - we'll miss you !!! (May '12) May '12 New Age Spiritual... 1
More from around the web