Dominant effort

There are 18 comments on the Dec 4, 2007, Baltimore Sun story titled Dominant effort. In it, Baltimore Sun reports that:

There is nothing more demoralizing in pro football than when an offensive line can physically dominate a team and sustain long scoring drives.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Baltimore Sun.

First Prev
of 4
Next Last
keke

Washington, DC

#61 Dec 4, 2007
Jim Kiley wrote:
What game were you watching? The Patriots won and that's all that counts in the NFL (Not For Long),
The "Big Money Betters" won!! Don't get it twisted.
kandi

AOL

#62 Dec 4, 2007
Billik has some very very good athletic guys , who are extremerly good at their jobs. Why then ,oh why are they so undisciplined? No matter what was said out there by a ref. Bart Scot ,as good as he is ,cost his team a chance to win. But others cost the team also. they remind me of the cow who gives a qt. of milk and then kick it over
Truth

Herndon, VA

#63 Dec 4, 2007
patsfan111111 wrote:
<quoted text>too bad your defense melted down and made too many mistakes. why is it when a team loses to a better team its the refs and when they beat that same team its good play? your defense allowed the patriots to stay in that game until the end. its no secret, you have to play mistake free football to beat the pats and the ravens didnt. end of story, it wasnt the refs, it was bad judement on defense and thats it. be a man like your team claims to be and take it like a man. it was your game to lose and you did, without help from the refs.
..and you are an idiot, we made PLENTY of mistakes and STILL should have one. You do NOT need to play mistake free football to beat the Pats, you need to play hard-nose football.......that is something the Patriots cannot handle.
Truth

Herndon, VA

#64 Dec 4, 2007
Jason wrote:
To the disrespectful Pats fans... I'm not one to blame officiating for any loss. The last touchdown wasn't a touchdown, but that's football. Calls went both ways for both teams throughout the game, but everything went your way in the 4th quarter.
However, your team will never be considered undefeated or the best ever because you were caught cheating and penalized for it. Hence, you should have forfeited that game. Why you didn't have to forfeit a game in which you cheated is beyond me & only adds to the conspiracy theories. And McNabb wants his ring back too.
Jason, you are lame!
Ink

Piedmont, SC

#65 Dec 4, 2007
Our team is a reflection of our coach. Did you see that exchange that he had with Rodney Harrison. That sums it up right there. Would Bellichec or Dungy even entertain getting into that altercation, NO! He lost control, just like our defense did down the stretch. They lost composure and eventually blamed everything on the refs. Doesn't that sound familiar? Billick blames everyone except for himself. Were a reflection of our coach. A composed team would have found a way to get a first down to salt away the game clock. A composed team would have found a way to stop the patriots even though the refs seemed to not help at all. Scott had a meltdown...a reflection of our coach.

With all that said, I was proud of how our team played for 57 minutes. Except for the two three and outs in the 4th quarter when we had a chance to seal the game. Again, I blame Billick for not adjusting to the patriots putting 8 and 9 in the box. Boller interception changed the momentum of the game. Up to that point the patriots were about to quit. They were being manhandled and there will was almost broke. That gave them life...

That takes me back to the Harrison incident. Harrison said something to Billick, he got caught up in it, acted as if he were a kid. Coach your damn team! Scott has been getting worse and worse during the season. We have no discipline and that is all on the coach...

False starts, offsides, personal fouls, fumbles, interceptions, poor clock management, and overall frustration by the defense.

HE NEEDS TO GO. WE NEED NEW LIFE.
Don Shoulda

United States

#66 Dec 4, 2007
Boo hoo wrote:
<quoted text>
That was bad. Shula really is looking like a donkey...his complete and phoney reversal is pathetic. I wish he had the testicles to at least stand by what he originally said. He's a sad old man.
Also...
In the begining of the game, the voice over annouvcer asked "when will the NFL crack down on Belichiks blatent disregard for the thier dress code?"
Too funny.
Check out this link on Shula......pretty funny.

http://www.bangcartoon.com/2007/shulahula.htm
Don Shoulda

United States

#67 Dec 4, 2007
Dave wrote:
Patsfan111111.......you are an idiot....pure and simple. The Colts were the ones who got the bad calls in that game.
You, my friend, are an idiot.
charris

Atlanta, GA

#68 Dec 4, 2007
This article makes no sense. Your whole article is talking about how great the Ravens played and how poorly the Pats played. Well the score was 27-24. If the Pats defense allowed 24 points and they sucked, then logic would dictate the Ravens defense was just as bad. Your article just gushes on and on about how the Ravens punched the Pats in the mouth. The only thing is the Pats punched back and knocked the Ravens out. And the whining about the calls is pathetic. The hold in the red zone. Yeah, you held him the whole time, of course they're gonna make that call.Bottom line a win is a win 12-0 is 12-0. The better team would win the game, and they did. And calls, the
charris

Atlanta, GA

#69 Dec 4, 2007
And the idiots who think that was not a TD catch. ARE you kidding!!! You and I have seen worse catches than that get called fair. There was no juggling or bobbling. All you want to be officials try to define what a catch is. Look up the rules (what he did was a catch). And please don't say he didn't have control!!! They are who we thought they were!!!
hank

United States

#70 Dec 4, 2007
keke wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree with everything you said except for the go steelers part. As much as I would love to see the Pats lose, I do not want the Squeelers to be the first team to do it. Maybe since the Dolphins gave the Squeelers a challenge, they might be the team to do it if they have to play them. I can only immagine how arrogant those fans and the team would be if they were the first to knock them off. I hate the Squeelers and I am rooting for the Pats this week Only!! 45-7 Pats. Go AD!!!
Sorry can't agree.The Steelers have more class then these arrogant bunch of cheaters in NE.The Dolphins didn't challenge the Steelers.The weather and the field conditions were equalizer. I want our guys to give the Steelers a good"whoopin"prior to their run at the playoffs.First I want to see the Steelers serve the pats some "humble pie".My wife is a Steelers fan.I was impressed that she was rootin for our team like it was hers.Maybe I have hope for a conversion!
Holding Ravens

Wellesley Hills, MA

#71 Dec 4, 2007
Adalius won the game. I'm sure he was more than happy.
skidrow wilson

Los Angeles, CA

#72 Dec 4, 2007
hank wrote:
<quoted text>"First I want to see the Steelers serve the pats some "humble pie".My wife is a Steelers fan.I was impressed that she was rootin for our team like it was hers.Maybe I have hope for a conversion!"
Sorry I can't go agree there...These guys don't have the brains to make a pie...but I'm sure they won't forget the Kool-Whip...
Phil

United States

#73 Dec 4, 2007
Sir Raven wrote:
I just wanted to say that I am really proud of the way the team played. It was like a totally different team decided to show up last night. With all of the recent discussion about how we need to draft for this position and that position, it was good to see a total team effort. Both sides of the ball played a great game and it gives me hope for the future. It sure has been a lousy week though, between WV losing to Pitt and that loss last night, this week has sucked!!
Second that! I was ready to purchase my National championship package, but I decided to wait. Good decision, bad week all over.
Go Ravens

Jericho, VT

#74 Dec 4, 2007
The Pats are a bunch of soft pretty boys. You can have your magazine-cover, fawn-holding, cry-baby Tom Brady- I'll take Ray, Ed, Bart, Buddy Lee, and the boys any day of the week. Part of the Ravens game plan was to show the Pats they didn't fear them or their fancy-pants system - so they got in their heads, talked trash, bullied them, and hit them in the mouth

AD was great in B-more but he's nothing without the supporting cast he had as a Raven - got manhandled by Ogden, rookie fullback McClain, AND Kyle Boller blocked him. Ravens don't play like a team my left one - watch that defense play together and tell me they aren't a TEAM. Go Ravens - maybe we can build on this for next season - can the O-line keep playing this well? How great would that be.
geo

Copenhagen, Denmark

#75 Dec 5, 2007
So Mike Preston did like that game, so did I.

I Wonder about the rest of the Suns Crew... Maese, Steele et al? Do they like football at all!
HeWhoCannotBeNam ed

Berlin, Germany

#76 Dec 5, 2007
Rob wrote:
The Ravens lose games like no other team...when you loss a game like this you know your problems are deep rooted and a whole new foundation is needed....once again the weeds surfaced to tangle them..their in their own unique universe.... a bipolar universe, a highly unnatural state....
That was good stuff, Robert ! Keep em coming . I bet your fave Simpson episode is the one in which Homer takes Peyote. Keep on truckin .
PatsFan4Lyfe

Antrim, NH

#77 Dec 5, 2007
yeah this is all nice, but the Ravens are still 4-8. They got some lucky breaks
patsfan111111

Lady Lake, FL

#78 Dec 26, 2007
Truth wrote:
<quoted text>..and you are an idiot, we made PLENTY of mistakes and STILL should have one. You do NOT need to play mistake free football to beat the Pats, you need to play hard-nose football.......that is something the Patriots cannot handle.
didnt realize that the pats lost this game. and yes you have to play mistake free football to beat the pats. they can handle the hard nosed football. why am i even responding to you? you dissappeared after this post anyway because your theories have been shot down every week since.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Junior Seau Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Dallas Cowboys Copy Patriots' Successful Free A... Mar '15 Mr Jones and Me 2
News Junior Seau, former NFL star linebacker, found ... (May '12) Dec '12 Mrstea 2
News New Orleans Saints: Should Congress Get Involve... (May '12) May '12 i_m_watching 1
News Seau's friends didn't see warning signs (May '12) May '12 junior 6
News Remembering Junior Seau (May '12) May '12 annie113 1
News Former Charger Junior Seau Commits Suicide: Source (May '12) May '12 flbadcatowner 2
Junior Seau - we'll miss you !!! (May '12) May '12 New Age Spiritual... 1
More from around the web