Dominant effort

Dominant effort

There are 78 comments on the Baltimore Sun story from Dec 4, 2007, titled Dominant effort. In it, Baltimore Sun reports that:

There is nothing more demoralizing in pro football than when an offensive line can physically dominate a team and sustain long scoring drives.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Baltimore Sun.

First Prev
of 4
Next Last
HeWhoCannotBeNam ed

Völklingen, Germany

#1 Dec 4, 2007
I dont like this article. It isnt long enough.
Rob

Las Vegas, NV

#2 Dec 4, 2007
The Ravens lose games like no other team...when you loss a game like this you know your problems are deep rooted and a whole new foundation is needed....once again the weeds surfaced to tangle them..their in their own unique universe.... a bipolar universe, a highly unnatural state....
Sun Reader

Gwynn Oak, MD

#3 Dec 4, 2007
Again, the penalties are what hurt us, in the beginning and at the end. It's just so frustrating, and sad.

“No More Incompetence ”

Since: Oct 07

Maryland

#4 Dec 4, 2007
I have nothing but praise and respect for the Baltimore Ravens family. Our fans were awesome and our team played their hearts out. The penalties hurt and we are not discipline enough to stop making the dumb ones. However I find the officials went out of their way to interject themselves in the final 3 min. The referees have got to let the players decide the outcome. In hockey barring a blantant infraction the refs do not get involved. Possible the trash talking between the Baltimore defense and the officials may have influenced the call against Wilbur in the inzone and the inablility to see Gaffney lose control of that ball just before stepping out of bounds on the game winning catch. The announcing team and I saw it on HD and I am sure the Referee did also. But hey what can you say. Not sure why Brady was so smug during post game interview. Brady had his butt handed to him all night and made himself look bad by saying he would have made the first down when he was being tackled a yard behind scrimage after he got the ball. Go Ravens!
carolina coop

Henderson, NC

#5 Dec 4, 2007
Solid game. Some of the young guys stepped up. It looks like we have a lot of the building blocks if the team can play with some passion and learn discipline.
patsfan111111

Summerfield, FL

#6 Dec 4, 2007
James Collette wrote:
I have nothing but praise and respect for the Baltimore Ravens family. Our fans were awesome and our team played their hearts out. The penalties hurt and we are not discipline enough to stop making the dumb ones. However I find the officials went out of their way to interject themselves in the final 3 min. The referees have got to let the players decide the outcome. In hockey barring a blantant infraction the refs do not get involved. Possible the trash talking between the Baltimore defense and the officials may have influenced the call against Wilbur in the inzone and the inablility to see Gaffney lose control of that ball just before stepping out of bounds on the game winning catch. The announcing team and I saw it on HD and I am sure the Referee did also. But hey what can you say. Not sure why Brady was so smug during post game interview. Brady had his butt handed to him all night and made himself look bad by saying he would have made the first down when he was being tackled a yard behind scrimage after he got the ball. Go Ravens!
first of all brady was joking when he said he would have gotten that first down, thats why he smiled and the whole press room laughed. so for you to say that is just looking to start something for no reason.
second, this isnt hockey.#28 held watson for an entire 15 yards and you want the refs to just let them decide the game and let something that blatent go? that would probably sit well with you since that would have solidified the game for the ravens but then if they dont call it the refs still decide the game. bottom line is the refs made the call because it was a hold for an entire route. i dont think ive ever seen a hold that long.
third, typical sore loser to forget the reason the pats had two extra chances to score the td. your coach calling a bad timeout on 4th and 1. thats a ravens mistake, not the refs. then the hold, which was a 10 second hold, again a ravens mistake, not the refs.
also, you fail to mention your receiver piggybacking samuel on that hail mary before the ball was even close. i guess if they got in the endzone on that you would have wanted the refs to ignore that offensive pass interference as well? get real and stop making excuses for your incredibly undisciplined team. you have to play mistake free football to beat the pats and your defense didnt even come close. it had nothing to do with the refs. but by your post you would have preferred the refs to call things in the ravens favor so you could be happy this morning. yeah, well you clearly would be content on the refs handing you a win, but win or lose, i dont want any game being decided by the refs and last night wasnt, the ravens defense cost them that game.
also the td was reviewed and i agree it was questionable so take it back. you really think the pats werent going to get in with two more downs after that, it wasnt 4th down there? stop making excuses for your teams lack of discipline.
patsfan111111

Summerfield, FL

#7 Dec 4, 2007
Sun Reader wrote:
Again, the penalties are what hurt us, in the beginning and at the end. It's just so frustrating, and sad.
it is because baltimore clearly had that game in hand.
Randy

New Baltimore, MI

#8 Dec 4, 2007
Rob wrote:
The Ravens lose games like no other team...when you loss a game like this you know your problems are deep rooted and a whole new foundation is needed....once again the weeds surfaced to tangle them..their in their own unique universe.... a bipolar universe, a highly unnatural state....
Your comments are almost as lame as your grammar and spelling. Stick with arena football sonny.
dgt

Philadelphia, PA

#9 Dec 4, 2007
We were one play away from winning the game against a fantastic football team. It hurts, but what great effort by a team that was picked to lose badly. This game will help the team win down the stretch.
Drew

Denver, CO

#10 Dec 4, 2007
I applaud the effort the ravens showed! Bring that inspired play every week and do charm city proud, because even though we lost its how you play the game (bart scott gets a pass cus he played his heart out). Oh and Tom Brady is over rated Give kyle that much time. Ray Lewis is the true G.O.A.T!
Barry

East Haven, CT

#11 Dec 4, 2007
How is it that Ed Reed escapes blame again. He continually turns the ball over trying to be more than he can be, but never has to take responsibility for it. Many times his teammates follow the play and fall on his fumbles to save him. If you are the one of the best safeties in the league you don't give the ball back to the other team after you intercept it.

Since: Nov 07

Laurel, MD

#12 Dec 4, 2007
I just wanted to say that I am really proud of the way the team played. It was like a totally different team decided to show up last night. With all of the recent discussion about how we need to draft for this position and that position, it was good to see a total team effort. Both sides of the ball played a great game and it gives me hope for the future. It sure has been a lousy week though, between WV losing to Pitt and that loss last night, this week has sucked!!
Dash

Tampa, FL

#13 Dec 4, 2007
My hat off to Boller, Willis, the O'line, and the D. They played their hart out. If it wasnt for shady calls by refs and a clear non-touchdown catch...who knows. It is just too bad we waited this long to show how we can play. Boller should be the starter next season, and BB should get atleast 1 more year.
Dash

Tampa, FL

#14 Dec 4, 2007
Drew wrote:
I applaud the effort the ravens showed! Bring that inspired play every week and do charm city proud, because even though we lost its how you play the game (bart scott gets a pass cus he played his heart out). Oh and Tom Brady is over rated Give kyle that much time. Ray Lewis is the true G.O.A.T!
AMEN!
Zack

Mahwah, NJ

#15 Dec 4, 2007
Everyone got their money's worth last night, win or loose. The Ravens played the game of their lives. Best MNF of the year. It's just not their year. There is hope for the future....hang in there guys you did Bmore proud.
jon

Newtown, PA

#16 Dec 4, 2007
What a heartbreaker! Any idiot out there who thinks Ogden is washed up needs to just go away! I hope J.O. wants to play another year or two. He's only 32. He dominated A. Thomas. And Kyle looked damn good last night. We have our QB....Go Steelers, crush the pats next week.
Raven Realist

Mcdonough, GA

#17 Dec 4, 2007
All things included it was a good effort overall by this team. What you saw is what can be. We have good talent, our young players can make plays. We just need to put them in a position to make plays and THEY NEED TO BELIEVE. Bottom line, I don't want people to drink the koolaid. Billick still has major improvements to make and one good effort doesn't make up for years of offensive misery. Finally he had a game plan. The team seemed prepared. JO where have you been. He looked like he could play a year or two more. I am glad we lost. We need a top five pick and we can't make the post season. Boller looked servicable. We still need a franchise QB which he is not. We saw the players unravel at the end, Billick has no control. Gaffney made a catch in the end zone which looked good. Plays were made, we had our chances. Look, bottom line, I still think Billick should go because we won't win another game. Our offense still needs work, and he has talent. I just hope we don't start winning and lose our top 5 pick.
Matt

Baltimore, MD

#18 Dec 4, 2007
Reading this articl you would think we won the game. Too bad the refs wanted the opposite to happen.
Grimoire

Hanover, MD

#19 Dec 4, 2007
James, your comments are right on the mark. The Ravens played their hearts out, but in the end, the officials handed the game over to the Pats. The Ravens should be proud.

It's funny how three times this year, the refs have made the game deciding call against the Ravens (the Bengals Week 1, the Browns two weeks ago, and this week).
patsfan111111

Summerfield, FL

#20 Dec 4, 2007
Matt wrote:
Reading this articl you would think we won the game. Too bad the refs wanted the opposite to happen.
too bad your defense melted down and made too many mistakes. why is it when a team loses to a better team its the refs and when they beat that same team its good play? your defense allowed the patriots to stay in that game until the end. its no secret, you have to play mistake free football to beat the pats and the ravens didnt. end of story, it wasnt the refs, it was bad judement on defense and thats it. be a man like your team claims to be and take it like a man. it was your game to lose and you did, without help from the refs.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Junior Seau Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Belichick: Long injury list linked to Super Bow... (Aug '15) Nov '15 Fart news 25
News Dallas Cowboys Copy Patriots' Successful Free A... (Mar '15) Mar '15 Mr Jones and Me 2
News Junior Seau, former NFL star linebacker, found ... (May '12) Dec '12 Mrstea 2
News New Orleans Saints: Should Congress Get Involve... (May '12) May '12 i_m_watching 1
News Seau's friends didn't see warning signs (May '12) May '12 junior 6
News Remembering Junior Seau (May '12) May '12 annie113 1
News Former Charger Junior Seau Commits Suicide: Source (May '12) May '12 flbadcatowner 2
More from around the web