QB's fall: is team or Smith to blame?

CHICAGO - Here's the $24 million question: Did Alex Smith fail the 49ers or did the 49ers fail Alex Smith? The quarterback arrived as the No." Four seasons later, it all has gone terribly awry. Full Story
Bay Area Bob

Dublin, CA

#1 Aug 22, 2008
Blame Alex wins in my opinion. His slow delivery, consistant off-targetness, and lack of leadership ability has nothing to do with anyone, or anything other than him. He will never be a Super Bowl or Pro Bowl QB in the NFL. God bless the kid, but he just doesn't have it.
Nebraska Niner Fan

Omaha, NE

#2 Aug 24, 2008
Maybe it's not his time yet. Bruce could make him better, but he won't be in S.F. long. Morgan or Davis are his only hopes for developing there, and I feel they'll have a good year this year. I like O'Sullivan better, but it took this long for him to even be considered a starter. Don't count Smith out yet, even though it's very tempting.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Julian Peterson Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
As scouting combine nears, Detroit Lions likely... (Feb '11) Feb '11 Gomer 1
2011 NFL Mock Draft: With Myriad Of Options, Wh... (Feb '11) Feb '11 kramerrobert80 1
Pulling hair leads to penalty against Lions' Suh (Nov '10) Nov '10 getahaircut 1
Lions snatch defeat from the mouth of victory -... (Nov '10) Nov '10 Gomer 1
Lions lose some hope without a healthy Stafford (Sep '10) Sep '10 mwgfret 2
Lions rookie Jahvid Best already being compared... (Sep '10) Sep '10 kramerrobert80 1
Will Lions bid for Atogwe? (Jun '10) Jun '10 robert 3

Julian Peterson People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE