Colts re-sign DE Thomas for 1 year

Colts re-sign DE Thomas for 1 year

There are 14 comments on the The Indianapolis Star story from Mar 18, 2008, titled Colts re-sign DE Thomas for 1 year. In it, The Indianapolis Star reports that:

Defensive end Josh Thomas, one of the Colts' unrestricted free agents, will return to the team after signing a one-year contract today.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Indianapolis Star.

slanted_instinct

Indianapolis, IN

#1 Mar 18, 2008
NOOOOO! We can't seem to shake this guy loose.:-(
Tom

Sacramento, CA

#2 Mar 18, 2008
this guy sucks why would we re sign him FFS!
NORCAL

Gaffney, SC

#3 Mar 18, 2008
Tom wrote:
this guy sucks why would we re sign him FFS!
Just a body...
are you in sacramento or just your server address?
Trent

Dekalb, IL

#4 Mar 18, 2008
I don't understand why you think he's a bad player. He's undoubtedly a great reserve/role player for our defensive line.
Amazing Larry

Monon, IN

#5 Mar 18, 2008
He is a good, smart football player who is faster than most people think, and he is obviously good enough to play behind the best ends in football.
what

Dayton, OH

#6 Mar 18, 2008
Amazing Larry wrote:
He is a good, smart football player who is faster than most people think, and he is obviously good enough to play behind the best ends in football.
I'm sorry, but the best ends in football clearly play for the Giants. The Colts might be second best.
spulaw

Arlington Heights, IL

#7 Mar 18, 2008
Better than a poke in the eye with a sharp stick.
Stevendust7

Cleveland, OH

#8 Mar 18, 2008
I, for one, am happy to see him stay for another season. It's nice to have depth at this position. Who's to say that Freeney will be 100%, or that Mathis could go down. You never know, but it's nice to have a reliable back-up. One you know and trust.
In The Nic-of Time

Marysville, OH

#9 Mar 18, 2008
Sorry Jeff Fisher, we couldn't "afford" to loose this guy..... Try another
F Jim Rome

Palatine, IL

#10 Mar 18, 2008
Welcome back Josh. It's always good to have a guy who gives 100% on every play.
PTN

United States

#11 Mar 18, 2008
What good is it to have depth if the guy is just plain awful.He stinks!Didn't see him get to the QB too many times in the San Diego game or any other game after D.F. was place on IR.He's awful.
Rob

United States

#12 Mar 18, 2008
My guess is he's only back because we didn't get the free agent DE we were after. Thomas is okay, but clearly not the answer if Freeney or Mathis are injured. He's okay coming in to give those guys a rest but that's about it.
Jim

Punxsutawney, PA

#13 Mar 19, 2008
Welcome home, Josh
Jay

Windham, ME

#16 Sep 10, 2008
Played high-school football with Josh, hes gay

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Josh Thomas Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Some Baltimore fans not ready to forget (Dec '07) Sep '10 Stop Ignoring Eve... 139
News Colts C Saturday agrees to 3-year-deal (Feb '09) Mar '09 Michael in Ohio 5
News Buffalo hands Ball State its 1st loss and wins MAC (Dec '08) Dec '08 90 Alum 1
News Colts Keep Defensive End Thomas with New Deal (Mar '08) Mar '08 Coltzilla 1
News 2 Colts visit Titans (Mar '08) Mar '08 Larry W 37
News Colts sign Clark to 6-year deal (Feb '08) Feb '08 Tim 143
News Clark highest paid tight end in NFL history (Feb '08) Feb '08 Blue Star Mom 2