Orange Bowl: Kansas beat Virginia Tech

Orange Bowl: Kansas beat Virginia Tech

There are 13 comments on the Chicago Tribune story from Jan 3, 2008, titled Orange Bowl: Kansas beat Virginia Tech. In it, Chicago Tribune reports that:

The high-scoring Kansas Jayhawks brought their usual assortment of tricks to the Orange Bowl.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Chicago Tribune.

Jon Photon

AOL

#1 Jan 3, 2008
You know, your ignorance is on full display. To say that KU's defense was a "surprise" is a fine example of how the uninformed make bogus comments--all in the name of keeping a job.
Darlene

Winnipeg, Canada

#2 Jan 3, 2008
VT coaches lost that game with their STUPID play-calling. Run the ball when it's 2nd and 4, and you have a good running game!! Don't ask your QB who consistently throws into double and triple coverage to pass the ball. DUH!! Unbelieveable!!
jhawk alum

United States

#3 Jan 4, 2008
go jhawks
Depot Jim

United States

#4 Jan 4, 2008
Congratulations to the Kansas JayHawks on a super season. They were really the Cinderella team this year. Head coach Mark Mangino, who looks like he could be former Bears Head Coach Abe Gibron's son, has done a great job in building up the football program at KU since coming over from Oklahoma. Congratulations again.
SKEETER PARKER

United States

#5 Jan 4, 2008
HOW BOUT THEM FARMER BOYZ!!!!!!
Shane

Overland Park, KS

#6 Jan 4, 2008
Rock Chalk, what a season and what a way to cap it off. No one was giving them any respect heading into this game, and I think the 'Hawks proved they deserved to be in the BCS, and in all honesty, if LSU beats Ohio State, I think AP voters should think long and hard about giving KU a share of the national title, why not they have only 1 loss and went out with a big win (unlike Hawaii, which would be the only other 1 loss team).
NewLenoxMike

United States

#7 Jan 4, 2008
Finally, a BCS bowl game that was actually worth watching!!! Congratulations KU.
viewer

Chicago, IL

#8 Jan 4, 2008
Good game but BCS is still a joke and the hype and games do not merit the attention of true college football fans
Bob of Omaha

Omaha, NE

#9 Jan 4, 2008
Big 12 Rocks...........Lock it Up
Depot Jim

United States

#10 Jan 4, 2008
Bob of Omaha wrote:
Big 12 Rocks..........Lock it Up
But my Oklahoma Sooners were a real big disappointment again.

Since: Jan 08

Los Angeles, CA

#11 Jan 4, 2008
Almost everybody in the Big 12 showed up to play this bowl season, what a pleasant surprise. And with the exception of OU, the losses were were close (CO by 6 (although this game was not as close as the score indicates) and A&M by 7). So kudos to the Big 12 and hook 'em.
Joe

Chicago, IL

#12 Jan 4, 2008
Sure, and LSU gets in the title game with 2 losses when it should have been KU-OSU.
Darlene

Morris, Canada

#13 Jan 6, 2008
I'm a Canadian gal who watches mainly (3 down) CFL football. So I'm wondering... how do you explain VT not going to their running game on 2nd and 4 situations, but instead having the QB throw into double and triple coverage? It's not as if the running game was getting stuffed either.

Honest to goodness, I couldn't believe my eyes. I started wondering if the Offensive Co-ordinators/Coaches were throwing the game. Also, why wouldn't the Head Coach step in and say, "You nitwits! Call running plays or I'll get your sorry asses out of here next season!!" ??

I always thought you had top-notch coaching down there in the USA, but I don't think that anymore. The VT coaches literally gave the game away IMO!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Josh Morgan Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Chicago Bears' Biggest Preseason Disappointment... (Aug '14) Sep '14 Flatulence Fred 7
News Redskins Could Have Been a Very Different Team ... (Feb '13) Feb '13 Hqeathen 1
News Washington Redskins: 10 Keys to Victory Against... (Dec '12) Dec '12 Udders and Bells 8
News Redskins' RG3 says he can take hits, chides Rams (Sep '12) Sep '12 Griffany 6
News Saints vs. Redskins: Angry Who Dat's Opponent M... (Sep '12) Sep '12 Angry Who Dat 2
News Redskins depth chart: WR Josh Morgan listed as ... (Sep '12) Sep '12 Morgan Freeman 3
News Teammate: RGIII is Vick, Peyton, Brady in one (Sep '12) Sep '12 QB Clams 3
More from around the web