Many players want to see Vick return

Many players want to see Vick return

There are 136 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from May 20, 2009, titled Many players want to see Vick return. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

If Michael Vick is seeking support for an NFL comeback, he would get it from many of his former peers.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

First Prev
of 7
Next Last
cat woman

United States

#2 May 21, 2009
Captain Love wrote:
Thugs, like sewage, stick together.
Dr. Love
http://www.thepetitionsite.com/1/stop-NFL-fro...
ban Vick
DOWHATITDO2U

Detroit, MI

#3 May 21, 2009
I'm sure you've been in enough sewage to know this first hand.
Retired Too

Heathsville, VA

#5 May 21, 2009
White, retired, respected, independent, not a big football fan, wishes you all the best Mr. Vick, and looking forward to seeing you on the field again.
Uhhhh

Moseley, VA

#6 May 21, 2009
Dolphins said no. That's probably because they had enough of his brother for his cup of coffee he had in Miami.

Though Ron Mex..I mean Michael Vick is knowledgable of the security people at Miami International.
Andy

United States

#7 May 21, 2009
New Orleans said no
USA Rocks wife

United States

#9 May 21, 2009
Retired Too wrote:
White, retired, respected, independent, not a big football fan, wishes you all the best Mr. Vick, and looking forward to seeing you on the field again.
And you will - creating more highlights and making some team immediately competitive!
JECU

New Bern, NC

#10 May 21, 2009
When all this went down I was of the opinion that he was scum, I hated Vick, I've been a Vick hater ever since he single handedly upended my Pirates back in the college days, so I'm no band wagon Vick hater. But you know what, he has paid his debt to society, let him be. I wish him the best of luck and I hope he has been rehabilitated. I hope he has a remarkable come back! It should hopefully serve as inspiration to all of us on how to pick yourself up and grind away at being a better person, I don't know about you but I've made my fair share of mistakes...
Cindy

United States

#11 May 21, 2009
If he's rehabilitated, I'll kiss his azz
News Flash

Newport News, VA

#12 May 21, 2009
Prison broadened Vicks horizons ,while he can no longer be a tight end he can be a wide reciever , tailback , ballroom dancer and can wash socks and underware for 30 men in one sink oh I almost forgot he suck bed sheets up a cell mates butt!!
Mr E

Newport News, VA

#13 May 21, 2009
"...and making some team immediately competitive!"

That's highly speculative; it will depend on what team is willing to sign him. The Falcons were not always competitive when he was their QB. Now, he won't be a starting QB, maybe not a starter at any position. It's more difficult for a part-time player to make that much of an impact.
Fool me once

Hampton, VA

#14 May 22, 2009
Dolphins took in Marcus Thug Vick as charity work and he proved to be as big a loser on the field as off, so now they might try his mentor Michael Thug Vick?

A born liar

Hampton, VA

#15 May 22, 2009
I'm just waiting to hear his next lie to cover up his next illegal action.
USA Rocks wife

United States

#16 May 22, 2009
Mr E wrote:
"...and making some team immediately competitive!"
That's highly speculative; it will depend on what team is willing to sign him. The Falcons were not always competitive when he was their QB. Now, he won't be a starting QB, maybe not a starter at any position. It's more difficult for a part-time player to make that much of an impact.
Then do all the actual people who PLAYED in the NFL seem to think he is better than half the QBs in the NFL right now even after being out for 2 seasons? Those media talking heads are guys that got cut from pee wee leagues. The NFL Network had a roundtable with Deion Sanders, Marshall Faulk and Warren Sapp all saying the same thing. You saying THEY know less about the game then Skip Bayless?
Zak904

Ponte Vedra Beach, FL

#17 May 22, 2009
Fool me once wrote:
Dolphins took in Marcus Thug Vick as charity work and he proved to be as big a loser on the field as off, so now they might try his mentor Michael Thug Vick?
Get over it he's coming back obviously. I mean think about it Goodell gave guys like Adam Jones and Tank Johnson a second chance. If he wasn't going to get reinstated Goodell would've made it clear by now. Yeah i know his offense was much more serious than any of the others but its quite obvious he will be reinstated if he keeps his nose clean, good luck MV.
Mr E

Newport News, VA

#18 May 22, 2009
Hmmm..., I don't think Deion, Faulk, or Sapp ever played QB. I don't know how much credibility Deion or Sapp have, anyways. Marshall Faulk does seem to have some, though. We all know that Skip Bayless is really a blow-hard.

To say that Vick is better than half of the QBs in the NFL right now is not saying a whole lot when you look at who some of them are. Take the AFC West, for example. Besides Philip Rivers, do you even know who the rest of the QB are in that division?

Consider too that Rex Grossman is currently unsigned. This is a guy who led his team to the Super Bowl just a couple of years ago...far more than anything that Vick has ever accomplished.
Cindy

Blacksburg, SC

#19 May 22, 2009
cat woman wrote:
<quoted text>Dr. Love
http://www.thepetitionsite.com/1/stop-NFL-fro...
ban Vick
please do
USA Rocks wife

United States

#20 May 22, 2009
Mr E wrote:
Hmmm..., I don't think Deion, Faulk, or Sapp ever played QB. I don't know how much credibility Deion or Sapp have, anyways. Marshall Faulk does seem to have some, though. We all know that Skip Bayless is really a blow-hard.
To say that Vick is better than half of the QBs in the NFL right now is not saying a whole lot when you look at who some of them are. Take the AFC West, for example. Besides Philip Rivers, do you even know who the rest of the QB are in that division?
Consider too that Rex Grossman is currently unsigned. This is a guy who led his team to the Super Bowl just a couple of years ago...far more than anything that Vick has ever accomplished.
The best people to ask would be the guys on the DEFENSIVE side of the ball. It was their career to stop the QB...are you serious thinking that first ballot Hall of Fame guys who played cornerback and defensive tackle can't judge a QB? Their careers were made on looking at the film of the QB...and yeah, as Alge Crumpler said, even with Mike missing two seasons, take a poll of lockerrooms in the NFL and you'll find most of them saying hell yeah, we'll take Vick as our starter.

Since: Apr 09

Bonita, CA

#21 May 22, 2009
JECU wrote:
When all this went down I was of the opinion that he was scum, I hated Vick, I've been a Vick hater ever since he single handedly upended my Pirates back in the college days, so I'm no band wagon Vick hater. But you know what, he has paid his debt to society, let him be. I wish him the best of luck and I hope he has been rehabilitated. I hope he has a remarkable come back! It should hopefully serve as inspiration to all of us on how to pick yourself up and grind away at being a better person, I don't know about you but I've made my fair share of mistakes...
I always love this argument.

1. He didn't pay his debt to society. The average sentence for dogfighting is 5 years in prison. That's just for dogfighting, not funding an entire operation across several states, not brutally tortuing and murdering dozens of dogs. He got celebrity treatment in his sentence, and didn't even have to serve it with the general prison population.

2. He has not been rehabilitated. The only remorse he has is that he got caught. Being sent to jail does not erase your past crimes. There is a reason people have a criminal record. Finishing your sentence doesn't mean you never committed the crime.

3. I've made my fair share of mistakes too.. but I've never repeatedly electricuted, lynched, drowned, or slammed a dogs head against the ground. Mistakes happen once, not repeatedly. Mistakes aren't something you regret doing, not something you do to entertain yourself and your buddies.
Michelle

Blacksburg, SC

#22 May 22, 2009
Jess 2009 wrote:
<quoted text>
I always love this argument.
1. He didn't pay his debt to society. The average sentence for dogfighting is 5 years in prison. That's just for dogfighting, not funding an entire operation across several states, not brutally tortuing and murdering dozens of dogs. He got celebrity treatment in his sentence, and didn't even have to serve it with the general prison population.
2. He has not been rehabilitated. The only remorse he has is that he got caught. Being sent to jail does not erase your past crimes. There is a reason people have a criminal record. Finishing your sentence doesn't mean you never committed the crime.
3. I've made my fair share of mistakes too.. but I've never repeatedly electricuted, lynched, drowned, or slammed a dogs head against the ground. Mistakes happen once, not repeatedly. Mistakes aren't something you regret doing, not something you do to entertain yourself and your buddies.
I agree 100%
http://www.thepetitionsite.com/1/stop-NFL-fro...
pass it on
the jocksniffers are good at their work
USA Rocks wife

United States

#23 May 22, 2009
Jess 2009 wrote:
<quoted text>
I always love this argument.
1. He didn't pay his debt to society. The average sentence for dogfighting is 5 years in prison. That's just for dogfighting, not funding an entire operation across several states, not brutally tortuing and murdering dozens of dogs. He got celebrity treatment in his sentence, and didn't even have to serve it with the general prison population.
2. He has not been rehabilitated. The only remorse he has is that he got caught. Being sent to jail does not erase your past crimes. There is a reason people have a criminal record. Finishing your sentence doesn't mean you never committed the crime.
3. I've made my fair share of mistakes too.. but I've never repeatedly electricuted, lynched, drowned, or slammed a dogs head against the ground. Mistakes happen once, not repeatedly. Mistakes aren't something you regret doing, not something you do to entertain yourself and your buddies.
You're lying. The average sentence for first time offending dogfighters is what? Link please so you can prove your lie.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 7
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Josh Morgan Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Chicago Bears' Biggest Preseason Disappointment... (Aug '14) Sep '14 Flatulence Fred 7
News Redskins Could Have Been a Very Different Team ... (Feb '13) Feb '13 Hqeathen 1
News Washington Redskins: 10 Keys to Victory Against... (Dec '12) Dec '12 Udders and Bells 8
News Redskins' RG3 says he can take hits, chides Rams (Sep '12) Sep '12 Griffany 6
News Saints vs. Redskins: Angry Who Dat's Opponent M... (Sep '12) Sep '12 Angry Who Dat 2
News Redskins depth chart: WR Josh Morgan listed as ... (Sep '12) Sep '12 Morgan Freeman 3
News Teammate: RGIII is Vick, Peyton, Brady in one (Sep '12) Sep '12 QB Clams 3
More from around the web