Dolphins two Chad's hogging all the work

Dolphins two Chad's hogging all the work

There are 119 comments on the South Florida Sun-Sentinel story from Aug 12, 2008, titled Dolphins two Chad's hogging all the work. In it, South Florida Sun-Sentinel reports that:

Dolphins coach Tony Sparano has clearly ditched his initial plan to rotation quarterbacks during training camp.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at South Florida Sun-Sentinel.

First Prev
of 6
Next Last
joseph

Dawsonville, GA

#2 Aug 12, 2008
Far out

“Left Coast Fin Fan”

Since: Dec 06

San Diego, Calif.

#3 Aug 12, 2008
Sounds to me like the Trifecta have already decided the QB rotation: Penny and Henne. The players already seem to notice a huge "leadership" difference with Penny after one day of practice. Sad to say, but there appears to be a lot less support in the locker room for Beck and McCown.

I was reading the Cowboys blog yesterday and there is much talk that Dallas needs to find a younger QB to back up Romo. Brad Johnson stunk up Qualcomm Stadium here in San Diego on Saturday night, and there is a lot of speculation that Jones is trolling for another backup QB. While Dallas scouts were at the Fins-Bucs game, they were not looking at the Fins QBs but Chris Simms of Tampa Bay. Still ... with the Dallas connection ... don't be surprised if something happens.
jack

Cape Coral, FL

#4 Aug 12, 2008
GREAT NEWS !!!!
Bullshark

Hialeah, FL

#5 Aug 12, 2008
Send Beck to Cam's team....
JAK

Miami, FL

#6 Aug 12, 2008
Penne in '08;
Henne in '09, and beyond.

NOW we're cooking. Pick up a stud WR in next year's draft, some more young guys and FAs, and it's on for the 2010's. Thank goodness.
Steve

Dayton, NV

#7 Aug 12, 2008
While watching the game on Saturday I was thinking we needed to scrap the idea of giving each qb equal reps and just pick one. We need to get the starter ready for the opener. Give Chad (Penny) the reps he needs to start and the rest what ever is left.

Before the year is over we may need all 4 qbs.
Dice

United States

#8 Aug 12, 2008
I guess that Beck will go back to do missionary work in some third world country.
cool hand luke

Anchorage, AK

#9 Aug 12, 2008
say gooddbye to beck. i like him, but there isn't enough room for him, and it is in his best interest to go somewhere he can compete. I hope they get a good draft pick for him, maybe a second rounder since he is young capable and was also drafted second. more high round picks is a good thing, too. good luck beck, sincerely.

Since: May 08

Carlsbad, CA

#10 Aug 12, 2008
This is huge for fin fans, gotta be, right? I mean he's not going to make the SB or anything but he should bring some credibility to that offense, instantly. And is a perfect mentor for Chad squared. I still think Henne is your guy's future, so this is perfect, a solid veteran to play for a couple years and let things soak in. He seems like a real likeable and stand-up guy, so he should be good in the clubhouse, and from the earlier posts sounds like that's already taking place. Good luck Finfans, unfortunately it's still going to be a long season. But hey, it's better than baseball.
Max

Boone, NC

#12 Aug 12, 2008
"But on Tuesday he stressed that the backups must be veterans who doesn't "require a lot of reps to be able to get ready to play."

Bye Bye Beck.
Parcells sucks

Salt Lake City, UT

#13 Aug 12, 2008
As a phin fan I am disgusted. How can we be excited about Chad Pennington as our starting quarterback? What do we gain by starting a guy that couldn't start for the 4-12 Jets of a year ago. Why not start Beck or Henne right from the get go, take our lumps and start right now finding out who our "franchise" qb is? This is like starting Trent Green all over again! What a waste! What do we gain by winning 6 or 7 games with Pennington starting? We will still start next season with inexperienced quarterbacks of the future. Does Parcells owe Pennington something? What?
Paul

AOL

#14 Aug 12, 2008
See ya Beck.
GFK

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#15 Aug 12, 2008
BYE BYE Morano!!!!!
you won't last one season with your mustache......
GFK

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#16 Aug 12, 2008
Parcells sucks wrote:
As a phin fan I am disgusted. How can we be excited about Chad Pennington as our starting quarterback? What do we gain by starting a guy that couldn't start for the 4-12 Jets of a year ago. Why not start Beck or Henne right from the get go, take our lumps and start right now finding out who our "franchise" qb is? This is like starting Trent Green all over again! What a waste! What do we gain by winning 6 or 7 games with Pennington starting? We will still start next season with inexperienced quarterbacks of the future. Does Parcells owe Pennington something? What?
This franchise just don't have a friggin clue.....have'nt you figured that out yet?......I mean the hiring of Parcells should have told you that!!!

PARCELLS HAS NOT WON IN 20 YEARS!!!!!
WHAT MAKES YOU THINK HE IS GOING TO WIN HERE.......HEEELLLLLLOOOOO????
Jenkins

Potomac, MD

#17 Aug 12, 2008
Henne will do fine until he sees anything more than a base defense. Beck is smarter and makes better decisions, and was a much better QB in college despite having less talent around him. Henne was surrounded by NFL caliber talent, but was still average.

But it looks like Parcells wants his people in, and it looks like the Fins will be destined for mediocrity again. Bummer.
Phins get real

Miami, FL

#18 Aug 12, 2008
OMG OMAR! you're so biased! Beck is our savior, how could you say that? I mean, it's not like you attend practice everyday!
/sarcasm
Rob from Dallas

Dallas, TX

#19 Aug 12, 2008
I think Pennington gives us a chance to be a spoiler & keep us in the game. The guy is smart & accurate. My only concern is durability. With no true backup, if Penne goes down, we're going to be a very boring & predictable run first, pass never kind of team. This defense doesn't have the depth or run stopping ability to dictate and compensate for a team that scores 10 to 14 points a game. Lets just Penne stays healthy for 10 - 12 games to mentor Henne. That would give the kid enough time to get more comfortable with the speed of the game, good reads, etc.
Parcells sucks

Salt Lake City, UT

#20 Aug 12, 2008
Phins get real wrote:
OMG OMAR! you're so biased! Beck is our savior, how could you say that? I mean, it's not like you attend practice everyday!
/sarcasm
And attending practice makes you and expert judge of talent? Boy, there must be a lot experts out there from the ball boys to the field crew. This is all about Bill Parcells being able to pound on his chest and say I won with my guys. Period! I hope they either release John Beck or trade him so he can go where he is wanted and win.
Brian C

Jefferson City, MO

#21 Aug 12, 2008
JAK wrote:
Penne in '08;
Henne in '09, and beyond.
NOW we're cooking. Pick up a stud WR in next year's draft, some more young guys and FAs, and it's on for the 2010's. Thank goodness.
As a lifelong fan I hope hes "the one" but I want to see him start next week against Jvilles 1st Defense and display all this poise hes siad to have.

Last week against TBs 2nd Team D he did exactly what he shouldve been able to do behind our 1st Teamers seeing he had all day to throw and TB had went to man coverage.

I'll get excited when he performs better than Beck under the EXACT same circumstances against and with the EXACT same personnel.
Steve B

Ocala, FL

#22 Aug 12, 2008
Having a good left Tackle can really change things for the Dolphins.
Give Penny or Henne adequate time to see the field and they can hit their receivers.
That will be a big difference from last year when our quarterbacks had no time at all.
I think we keep Beck and let Mckown go.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 6
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Josh McCown Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Former Westfield standouts shine on Sunday (Sep '14) Sep '14 BulldogsBullchit 3
News Josh McCown Proving Chicago Bears Made Right Call (Sep '14) Sep '14 Go Blue Forever 3
News NFL Preview - St. Louis (Sep '14) Sep '14 In Lovie with losing 1
News Updated 2015 NFL Mock Draft Picks 6-10: Houston... (Aug '14) Aug '14 Obriens Butt-Chin 1
News Picking playoff sleeper in 2014 (Jun '14) Jul '14 Ponder It 2
News Chicago Bears Rumors: Team to Sign Josh Freeman? (Apr '14) Apr '14 Tresturd 2
News Time For Brian Urlacher and Chicago Bears To Pa... (Mar '14) Mar '14 Steven 1
More from around the web