Dolphins search for starting quarterb...

Dolphins search for starting quarterback continues

There are 293 comments on the South Florida Sun-Sentinel story from Jun 6, 2008, titled Dolphins search for starting quarterback continues. In it, South Florida Sun-Sentinel reports that:

With training camp still about seven weeks away, the Dolphins are no closer to naming a starting quarterback.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at South Florida Sun-Sentinel.

First Prev
of 15
Next Last

Since: Jan 07

Location hidden

#294 Jun 30, 2008
Greg wrote:
Dubl B... at this point nothing has changed PERIOD. Last year it was the Dolphin had Cameron. The year before it was Saban. Did anything change then?
Parcells is not the coach. He's the VP. He's not gonna be on the field calling plays. That's what he does best. So again.. nothing has changed.
As far as Clemmons is concerned. I think he played well last year especially given the fact that the Jets O-line offered no protection, and Coles was out most of the season. Ginn has not proven anything except he can run back punts and kickoffs. That doesn't necessarily translate into a good receiver. I expect he'll struggle with yet another offense put into play. Of course that's just my "biased" opinion, as I'm sure you nd everyone else here has theirs as well. Later
<quoted text>
You know. I started thinking about this post the other day and decided I would look on wikipedia to see how many coaches that have played under Parcells. Do you realize that both of the coaches that were in the Super Bowl last year were groomed by Parcells?? Also, Sean Payton (who took the Saints from 3-13 to 13-3), Romeo Crennel, Charlie Weis and even your boy Eric Mangini. So, Parcells doesn't have to be on the field calling plays, his resume and proteges speaks for itself.
mike moran

United States

#295 Jun 30, 2008
Alright here fellas. Check this out. The dolphins are on their way to a 5 or 6 win season. They are putting in place now, the tools that they will need in 3 years to be successful. The Jets just went out and spent a bunch of money of O-line help and are now supposed to be good with some lame qb named Clemmons and a Broken Qb named Pennington. Jets are in better shape now, but will suck forever more until they get a 1st round QB that pans out. Dolphins are on the up and up if they lean on the running game until one of their chump QB's develop. Look, you gotta let some pride go and be real. Neither one of your teams if very good. Both the Jets and Dolphins are in the bottom 20 of the NFL and look to stay there all of next season. Look at all of your key position players for both teams... Old and broken or young and not good is a perfect tag for all of them.
Bill

AOL

#296 Jun 30, 2008
Still searching for a QB?? Why didnt they draft Brady Quinn or Matt Ryan? They wouldnt be searching 2 months before the season starts. Pathetic?....yes...

Since: Jun 07

Gainesville, GA

#297 Jun 30, 2008
I still believe that he dolphins can win game 1. Will they be a bit 1 dimensional? Likely so, but they have won 11 games in a season with noting but a running game before, and lower caliber coaching staff. As long as the core players dont get injurred in training camp, preseason games, they have a chance.
The 1st jets fins game last year was close, although only late. The drubbing in Miami, was after alot of lo9sses, and the team was likely frustrated at that point. Face it, My Lake Worth Trojans coulda beat the fisn that game.
1st game this year, they wont be frustrated by a bunch of losses. It is a new year. New System, and it seems the players are buying into it, something they didnt do last year.
Greg

Hollywood, FL

#298 Jun 30, 2008
We'll see won't we?
Dubl B wrote:
<quoted text>You know. I started thinking about this post the other day and decided I would look on wikipedia to see how many coaches that have played under Parcells. Do you realize that both of the coaches that were in the Super Bowl last year were groomed by Parcells?? Also, Sean Payton (who took the Saints from 3-13 to 13-3), Romeo Crennel, Charlie Weis and even your boy Eric Mangini. So, Parcells doesn't have to be on the field calling plays, his resume and proteges speaks for itself.
Greg

Hollywood, FL

#299 Jun 30, 2008
Do you also believe in Santa, the tooth fairy, and the easter bunny? LOL

I don't know BravPhin. Last year it looked like everyone was buying into Cameron's stuff. And as far as the Jets drubbing of the dolphins, the jets had quite a few losses too. Don't forget that the Dolphins and their fans felt that that game was the Dolphins best chance for a victory.
BravPhin wrote:
I still believe that he dolphins can win game 1. Will they be a bit 1 dimensional? Likely so, but they have won 11 games in a season with noting but a running game before, and lower caliber coaching staff. As long as the core players dont get injurred in training camp, preseason games, they have a chance.
The 1st jets fins game last year was close, although only late. The drubbing in Miami, was after alot of lo9sses, and the team was likely frustrated at that point. Face it, My Lake Worth Trojans coulda beat the fisn that game.
1st game this year, they wont be frustrated by a bunch of losses. It is a new year. New System, and it seems the players are buying into it, something they didnt do last year.
duker

Cave City, KY

#300 Jul 5, 2008
simple solution........jared lorenzen!
willie joe

Cave City, KY

#301 Jul 5, 2008
you may be right, more mobility than you'd think, arm like a cannon, great reads, and hard to bring down. coughlin is stupid.
duker

Glasgow, KY

#302 Jul 5, 2008
lorenzen is a throwback to quarterbacks like charlie conerly and bobby layne. maybe he would fit in miami.
Mike Jones

Tampa, FL

#303 Jul 6, 2008
The last three posts(all from Kentucky locations, are all from the same person. Looks like one of Lorenzen's family members. News flash: Your boy Jared has not been able to push away from the table...that is why he will never make it in the NFL. He is done. Yeah, the Super Bowl winning coach...he must be real dumb huh!
willie joe

Cave City, KY

#304 Jul 6, 2008
Mike Jones wrote:
The last three posts(all from Kentucky locations, are all from the same person. Looks like one of Lorenzen's family members. News flash: Your boy Jared has not been able to push away from the table...that is why he will never make it in the NFL. He is done. Yeah, the Super Bowl winning coach...he must be real dumb huh!
even a blind hog will, on occasion, find an acorn. coughlin is a one hit wonder and lorenzen is definitely nfl caliber...plus miami stinks and any quarteback other than what's on their roster would give them a boost.
Mike Jones

Tampa, FL

#305 Jul 6, 2008
willie joe wrote:
<quoted text>even a blind hog will, on occasion, find an acorn. coughlin is a one hit wonder and lorenzen is definitely nfl caliber...plus miami stinks and any quarteback other than what's on their roster would give them a boost.
If Miami stinks so bad why would you want Jared to go there? They will certainly ruin him! Lorenzen has NFL caliber appetite...thats about it.
banjo bob

Glasgow, KY

#306 Jul 7, 2008
Mike Jones wrote:
<quoted text>
If Miami stinks so bad why would you want Jared to go there? They will certainly ruin him! Lorenzen has NFL caliber appetite...thats about it.
in miami lorenzen might get a decent look as a starter. by the way i may be bi-polar but i'm not tri-polar so these comments come from only me. another thing, kentucky sent you a great player many years ago named larry seiple....jared could be another diamond in the rough. lorenzen is also now a svelt 275.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 15
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Josh McCown Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Former Westfield standouts shine on Sunday (Sep '14) Sep '14 BulldogsBullchit 3
News Josh McCown Proving Chicago Bears Made Right Call (Sep '14) Sep '14 Go Blue Forever 3
News NFL Preview - St. Louis (Sep '14) Sep '14 In Lovie with losing 1
News Updated 2015 NFL Mock Draft Picks 6-10: Houston... (Aug '14) Aug '14 Obriens Butt-Chin 1
News Picking playoff sleeper in 2014 (Jun '14) Jul '14 Ponder It 2
News Chicago Bears Rumors: Team to Sign Josh Freeman? (Apr '14) Apr '14 Tresturd 2
News Time For Brian Urlacher and Chicago Bears To Pa... (Mar '14) Mar '14 Steven 1
More from around the web